Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Change the subject straight away when your parents ask questions then state politely that you are not discussing the topic while you make The Sign of The Cross Heart fully and mentally Blessing them saying "Jesus I trust in You, Jesus Mary I Love You please help me"

If your parents keep pushing you on the Church visit subject and they become upset or angry with you then tell them that given you are putting our Lord Jesus first in your heart and life now and eternally that you are free as an adult to move away and attend Church anywhere or overseas of which many people from India have

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, fellowship in the Lord is even given as an imperative command in Hebrews 10:25. We are to encourage each other and share in the prospects we have for for being with our Father in heaven. Proverbs puts it another way, "A cord of three strands is not easily broken," I believe. Anyone who thinks that they can be or are an island of self-sufficiency has a mentality which does not seem to match the necessary qualities of being a Christian, as a Christian is one who must recognize and admit/confess that they are NOT self-sufficient.

Some or all of the disagreement which you may perceive is due to varying stages of Christian growth. Most people will admit that through the years as they read and reread God's Word that a verse section spoke one thing one year and then another something else as they grew and their eyes were opened more. I think this is why Heb 4:12 says that it is "live and active." One person can read for ex., what I said in posts above as saying one thing as they screened it through human traditions and practices and human wisdom and worldly values still lingering strong in their perceptions and another having progressed through the transformation further of Romans 12:2,
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." ,
will have a much deeper sense and realization that we Christians ARE truly "aliens" (1 Peter 2:11) in this world and that our "citizenship is (NOW) in heaven" (Phil 3:20) and that in relation to our love and commitment to God, our love for our blood and marriage relatives, which such relationships are based upon a worldly order, would appear as hate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KIrthika, You say "Got saved by my parents,Recently my parents have known the truth and they are not allowing me to go to church" Please correct me if my understanding of what you said is incorrect:
  • "Got saved by my parents" = My parents were Christian and they were instrumental in my salvation.
  • "Recently my parents have known the truth and they are not allowing me to go to church" = Recently my parents while knowing the Truth of the Gospel of Christ Jesus are not allowing me to go to church (or have any fellowship with Christians.)
Additionally, and another point if your parents claim not to be Christian anymore who I understood were in hiding but now claim to be Hindu for easier living conditions. I did a quick search on Hindu parenting guidelines. The fundamental purpose/essence is given: "Five Parenting Guidelines or "Pancha Kutumba Sadhana" describe the principles that guide fathers and mothers in setting strong religious examples that nurture children and teach them to follow the path of dharma and thus pass Hinduism to the next generation." (The Five Parenting Guidelines – Hinduism Basics for Children) If this is true then their intent is obvious. To defy God their Creator, and their Savior if they once believed; for a human may abandon God just as Peter abandoned and betrayed Jesus but God does not forsake or leave us, His children. You make it sound that your parents brought you unto salvation through Christ at one time. If so, and they were Christian they have no control to now change that. God promises to never leave nor forsake us. They need to come back to their First love. Maybe you could coax them in that direction.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kirthika, Please do not assume that just because we are American we have not experienced serious persecution IN America for our faith. Some of us have. I have. For much of my life I worked in a prison. It is a dark place in spite of the whitewash. Fellow staff along with prisoners have threatened my very life multiple times due to my faith in Christ. Additionally, because of my faith in Christ in other work locations I would not go along with the status quo of "the ways we have always done things here" and have protested or filed formal complaints (including whistle-blower item in Fed Court) and many, many grievances if the practice was corrupt or unsafe. I have worked most of my life in extremely hostile environments where I felt like I was working with a loaded 45 on my head; here in America: because of my faith in Jesus. And guess what? HE protected me time and time again. The fact that I am still alive in spite of several attempts on my life and that I was able to remain employed and obtain retirement in spite of the highest chief executives working my supervisors and peers to set me up and make false written accusations against me and so on many, many times is a testimony to Christ's NEVER forsaking us. Our Father in heaven REIGNS over all!!! Prasie His MOST worthy and holy and righteous and loving Name forever and ever! Amen.

If you stay in His arms He will protect you from whatever you fear and His touch will soothe any suffering and you will learn how much of a Father He really is for you.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You obviously feel the importance of Christian fellowship. We not only have the command to not forsake the assembling together, Heb 10:25 mentioned by another and myself, but when one becomes a Christian they become a member of the BODY of Christ. Every Christian is only PART of a whole. God has endowed every believer with gifts which are supposed to be developed/integrated as parts/members of a human body are integrated and work together for the common good. This is elaborated upon in 1 Cor ch 12. (esp vs 7, 12-14, 18-20, 24b-27.) You can try to explain to your parents using this metaphor of the human body and explain that trying to be a Christian OUTSIDE of the BODY would be like them ripping a liver or heart or kidney out of a body and hiding it in a shoe box and expecting it to live/survive. Tell them that is what they are doing to you when they expect you to be a Christian, worshiping God all alone in private. Tell them that it clearly appears that they are trying to destroy your Christian faith and ask them if that is what they are trying to do. Regardless of any cultural, racial, sexual, and etc. orientation one may have had before they were a Christian they become children of God at their rebirth, and have entered a NEW family.
2 Cor 5:17 (ESV) "17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.a]">[a] The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." (Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 5:17 - English Standard Version)
We need to grow and develop into the Body of Christ socially so as to avail the working of our gifts FOR THE COMMON GOOD, and not just for ourselves. We are not plants and we are not animals; we are created in the image of God with souls and reasoning beyond that of plants and animals. We group together for reasons beyond that of survival, procreation, and other base reasoning. Regardless of how much pain and suffering one may have experienced from their fellow man/woman and how far from humanity they may have "escaped" deep inside lingers a God-given loneliness/need for human interaction, I believe, that will never be able to be quenched regardless of any substitution or denial.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I support "Gospel for Asia" which is a ministry of church planting in India. They build water wells and plant churches and train Indian Christians to be pastors in these churches so I imagine that it is somewhat allowed for one to be a Christian in the Indian society.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am afraid I may have said way too much but I do hope that you are finding what I say helpful as you and God deal with this problem. I have been going back in the archives of one of my favorite TV preachers who largely teaches in many part series, like 10 part series. I do really like this one, "I Never Thought I'd See the Day" which addresses culture and Christian faith. It is a dynamic 10 part series and all parts are on YouTube, however I cannot certify the completeness of a YouTube presentation. A large amount of the Scriptural background is from Hebrews because the Hebrew (Jewish) Christians had to deal with intense cultural persecution from their parents and society. All 10 parts are very good but the one I just watched may address your issues somewhat in Part 3:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVkCF76JZCBMA19cnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=I+Never+Thought+I's+See+the+Day+David+Jeremiah&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002#id=2&vid=5f72e67114ff86ff0d449244465b5294&action=view
as long as I am giving you such another great teacher/Pastor for Christ for the young adults is Andy Stanley on "Your Move Is": YourMove.is This is the second episode of today starting last week of his current series "Starting Over" of which part 1 is also available. There are many series to choose ranging from sex and dating to who knows. Andy teaches at a fast pace and is only about 25 min in each episode but he gets you thinking. He uses a "blackboard" to help us stay with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kirthika

Lover_Of_Jesus
Jul 27, 2017
bangalore
✟144,119.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am afraid I may have said way too much but I do hope that you are finding what I say helpful as you and God deal with this problem. I have been going back in the archives of one of my favorite TV preachers who largely teaches in many part series, like 10 part series. I do really like this one, "I Never Thought I'd See the Day" which addresses culture and Christian faith. It is a dynamic 10 part series and all parts are on YouTube, however I cannot certify the completeness of a YouTube presentation. A large amount of the Scriptural background is from Hebrews because the Hebrew (Jewish) Christians had to deal with intense cultural persecution from their parents and society. All 10 parts are very good but the one I just watched may address your issues somewhat in Part 3:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVkCF76JZCBMA19cnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=I+Never+Thought+I's+See+the+Day+David+Jeremiah&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002#id=2&vid=5f72e67114ff86ff0d449244465b5294&action=view
as long as I am giving you such another great teacher/Pastor for Christ for the young adults is Andy Stanley on "Your Move Is": YourMove.is This is the second episode of today starting last week of his current series "Starting Over" of which part 1 is also available. There are many series to choose ranging from sex and dating to who knows. Andy teaches at a fast pace and is only about 25 min in each episode but he gets you thinking. He uses a "blackboard" to help us stay with him.
I have a brother for whom I am praying,I mean for His salvation,Will he be saved definetely,Instead of typing,Got saved from the false religion "hinduism" i typed parents sorry,we come from Hindu family only,I got saved,but my brother,parents are still there

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I come from a hindu family,Got saved by my parents,Recently my parents have known the truth and they are not allowing me to go to church,Or have any fellowship with any believer,Though they are in different cities in India,But still they are so much stubborn that I should not enter Church and fellowship I should never have,What Can I do now,I am facing heavy hardship in life,Though they are in different cities,Please help me ,I do not know what to really do,Anybody of you please help me

I'm sorry you are going through this. Jesus said this would happen. But He also says "He who endures to the end will be saved." Pray for your parents. If you are old enough, and able, you may want to look into moving out on your own, and then do what you want. Satan, who has lost you, is going to try to get you back at all costs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums