bangalore
✟144,119.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if you go to church and don't tell your parents what would happen?

in your culture is disobeying your parents just as bad as lying to them?

if so maybe God could help you meet christians in house meetings rather than church

you could maybe talk to the pastor of the church you wanted to attend and tell him your problem - and he might have some suggestions for you - like coming to home meetings instead
yeah it is

Upvote 0

kirthika

Lover_Of_Jesus
Jul 27, 2017
bangalore
✟144,119.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't lie.

To what extent do you depend on them?
I do not have to depend on my parents for anything,I am already working in a firm that pays me,I am also in another town,But My parents are restricting me in attending the church like anything

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I come from a hindu family,Got saved by my parents,Recently my parents have known the truth and they are not allowing me to go to church,Or have any fellowship with any believer,Though they are in different cities in India,But still they are so much stubborn that I should not enter Church and fellowship I should never have,What Can I do now,I am facing heavy hardship in life,Though they are in different cities,Please help me ,I do not know what to really do,Anybody of you please help me
Dear sister,
I am from Chennai, India. I understand your problem.

Do not lie to your parents for our Holy Father and His Son, Lord Jesus Christ. Your Holy Spirit will guide you better than anybody.
My opinion is you can worship Our Almighty God in the Spirit and the Truth. Today we have internet, so you can listen all gospel messages in youtube also. Regarding your worry for fellowship with other christians, do not worry. God will provide a way for you. But, discern well before choosing a fellowship with a church. To my knowledge most of the churches in India do not have good fellowship gatherings. They come to sunday meets and leave as formal. Also most pastors(not all) have become money seekers, not giving edifying and sound teachings for the Kingdom of God. I heard and saw a man of God name Zac ponen, who founded CFC(Christian Fellowship church), bangalore. After the sunday worship and the message they have good fellowship meetings separate for ladies, children and gents. I do not belong to CFC as I belong to a very small fellowship church, gathering at a home, not well known, but having a great joy in Holy Spirit. Their fellowship meetings are throughout India, including chennai.
CFC church messages are available in youtube. He is giving edifying and sound teachings for the salavation in Lord Jesus Christ. If possible go to that Church fellowship(only if you like to go a church), otherwise you form a fellowship at your residing place and pray with a fellow christian girls.

In the name of fellowship don't encourage mingling of males and females. As we have seen problems in many churches. Let all be done with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 12:1-2
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-- his good, pleasing and perfect will".

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,118.00
Faith
Christian
It depends on your situation as you are in India they may be trying to buy time to convert you back therefore maybe you should fellowship with Christians to get support to endure persecution. If others could also support you to live with them if the governments allows it or to flee the country through Christian support it would be good. Because islam is more antichrist I would prefer them to flee to countries with few Muslims. There should be a limit on number of refugees or there should be refuge for all but I don't know how to provide safe refuge for them. The question is how to test if Muslim really became Christian and is truly persecuted to accept him as a refugee. All such people should be welcomed

Upvote 0

kirthika

Lover_Of_Jesus
Jul 27, 2017
bangalore
✟144,119.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear sister,
I am from Chennai, India. I understand your problem.

Do not lie to your parents for our Holy Father and His Son, Lord Jesus Christ. Your Holy Spirit will guide you better than anybody.
My opinion is you can worship Our Almighty God in the Spirit and the Truth. Today we have internet, so you can listen all gospel messages in youtube also. Regarding your worry for fellowship with other christians, do not worry. God will provide a way for you. But, discern well before choosing a fellowship with a church. To my knowledge most of the churches in India do not have good fellowship gatherings. They come to sunday meets and leave as formal. Also most pastors(not all) have become money seekers, not giving edifying and sound teachings for the Kingdom of God. I heard and saw a man of God name Zac ponen, who founded CFC(Christian Fellowship church), bangalore. After the sunday worship and the message they have good fellowship meetings separate for ladies, children and gents. I do not belong to CFC as I belong to a very small fellowship church, gathering at a home, not well known, but having a great joy in Holy Spirit. Their fellowship meetings are throughout India, including chennai.
CFC church messages are available in youtube. He is giving edifying and sound teachings for the salavation in Lord Jesus Christ. If possible go to that Church fellowship(only if you like to go a church), otherwise you form a fellowship at your residing place and pray with a fellow christian girls.

In the name of fellowship don't encourage mingling of males and females. As we have seen problems in many churches. Let all be done with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 12:1-2
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-- his good, pleasing and perfect will".
Brother thanks a very lot,Even I feel the same,I currently attend bethel AG Church bangalore,It is also Good,although Zac poonen is great actually,My parents stay in tamil nadu and they are restricting me completely to attend a church,You are right,Fellowship Is not seeming to be that genuine here

Upvote 0

kirthika

Lover_Of_Jesus
Jul 27, 2017
bangalore
✟144,119.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good scriptural advice above. Jews who become Christians are often ostracized from their families too. Jesus said he would divide us and sometimes we need to be separated until we become equipped in our faith.
First of all, don't panic, don't be angry at them, they are blind. Pray for peace for them and yourself. Don't fret. Live, experience Gods love and immerce yourself in the WORD. The Holy Spirit will guide you, teach you comfort you ... you are never alone, He abides in you. Fear not. As others said, meet with Christians in homes in small groups for Bible study and fellowship. Your family is playing hard ball with threats. So take a sabbatical from them for awhile. In time they will get over it. They are hurt, angry and afraid for you because they think you betrayed their gods and are in danger. You are more safe then ever before.
When you look at the whole picture and your mind imagines all sorts of things that could happen, it seems overwelming because you can't control everything at once. You have no control over the future. So, take only one day at a time, ground yourself in the morning with prayer for guidance and God's will to be done in your life and believe that it will. One day is all we need to concern ourselves with. Worry won't change anything. If their love is real, eventually they will miss you and you may reunite with them later. Remember, all religions, philosophies, atheism, cults that keep people away from Jesus are of the Devil, He designed them and your family and their religion is under his influence. So of course, when you start getting close to Jesus, Satan sends his forces against you, people will say and do bad things, anything to scare you and discourage you. Put on your armor, the Helmut of salvation, your shield of faith and your sword, the WORD. You are in the middle of spiritual warfare. But again, be at peace, the enemy is already defeated. Just know what is underneath all of what you are going through.
How do you say all religions are from Devil??

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother thanks a very lot,Even I feel the same,I currently attend bethel AG Church bangalore,It is also Good,although Zac poonen is great actually,My parents stay in tamil nadu and they are restricting me completely to attend a church,You are right,Fellowship Is not seeming to be that genuine here
I actually liked the way CFC Fellowship happens, it will resemble like early christians had. If you read Acts from the new Testament, you can understand. In that view, I pointed CFC. Most of the Church members are formally coming and going out. In CfC I saw that different(to my knowledge and what I saw).

Preach the Gospel wherever you go, and harvest the souls as you go. May the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In first place, anything comes from a religion is only evil. Including religious christians are evil. Religion have rules and laws to control others, they have administration, they have religious head, they will do war, and they like forcing others. But, in Christ there is nothing like that.
Galatians 5:22-26
"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another".

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No i am not with my parents,They are in another town,So Can I lie to them and go to the church??And yeah I have told about God more than I can ever explain,But they are so much spiritually deaf,That they seldom listen to me,I do not know how to lie,Is it OK to lie for God sake?

An interesting question indeed and one somewhat like what was faced by
Christians in Holland who were hiding Jewish refugees from the holocaust.

The Bible teaches hierarchy of laws...........

For example.......

An apology to all members of the military and police!

I just want to say that I am truly sorry for all those years that I was close to believing in near total pacifism! Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua once asked a question of the Scribes and Pharisees that should have made it obvious to me that an extreme situation can call for drastic action by a Christian or Jew who feels called into a life in the military or police!

Mark 3:4
"And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace."

I am almost certain that Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua was referring to the situation faced by the Machabees when Greco - Syrian armies were attacking Jewish communities on the Sabbath.

One community had refused to fight back....but the Machabees....in my opinion correctly judged that this is a violation of an admonition by King Solomon:

Ecclesiastes 7:16
"Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?"

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, First Book Of Machabees Chapter 2
"So they gave them battle on the sabbath: and they were slain with their wives, and their children, and their cattle, to the number of a thousand persons. [39] And Mathathias and his friends heard of it, and they mourned for them exceedingly. [40] And every man said to his neighbour: If we shall all do as our brethren have done, and not fight against the heathens for our lives, and our justifications: they will now quickly root us out of the earth.

[41] And they determined in that day, saying: Whosoever shall come up against us to fight on the sabbath day, we will fight against him: and we will not all die, as our brethren that were slain in the secret places."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If Christians in Holland had been absolutely truthful during the time of the German occupation .... one hundred percent of the time..... they would have gotten their families killed.... and they would have gotten any Jewish refugees they were hiding killed..........

So sometimes we have to go to extreme lengths when life and limb are at stake.......

The best thing is to not tell them about church.....
perhaps they will not ask......
but if they do...... you could simply refrain from answering which in a way is an answer........

you do have the option of letting them know that if they try to stop you from attending church... you might not be able to visit them..... that is one option......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amazing Horse

Aug 22, 2017
Olsztyn
✟1,950.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I come from a hindu family,Got saved by my parents,Recently my parents have known the truth and they are not allowing me to go to church,Or have any fellowship with any believer,Though they are in different cities in India,But still they are so much stubborn that I should not enter Church and fellowship I should never have,What Can I do now,I am facing heavy hardship in life,Though they are in different cities,Please help me ,I do not know what to really do,Anybody of you please help me

You should save your parents from hell , don't lie to them about going to church tell them the truth , pray for them that thier eyes will open and love them.

Reactions: dougangel
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Be careful to quote accurately! I didn't say all, I said all other religions than the Judeo/Christian faiths. I include the Jewish religion because it started with them and God is not finished with them, a remnant of Jews will be saved in the end times . (see Romans 11)
I didn't contrive that truth that the way to destruction is wide and only the narrow way leads to salvation. Jesus said, "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME."
"IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME, YOU WILL HAVE LIFE ... HE WHO DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ME , THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES IN HIM".
I can give you much more, but just the first one should be sufficient, He says he is the only way to salvation, there is no other person or religion by which we can be saved. Therefore all other ways result in destruction. We are put on this planet, given life and opportunities to reconcile with God THROUGH JESUS, OUR SAVIOR. Even up till the moment of our death, He knocks on our door, if you repent, ask for forgiveness for your sins and believe, you will be saved. This has always been the prime purpose of the Church, to spread the good news to the world. The wages of sin is death and only the blood of Christ can wash them away.
From the beginning, the original families that spread came from one. They knew God, but after generations, distorted the truth, added stuff that developed into a wide range of belief systems with some truths mixed in, but not what God wanted. He demands that we understand Him and know Him. So He chose a nation to work with, separate from the others and this nation beginning with Abraham, then Isaac and Jacob through the line to David and finally ending with our Savior, the Messiah, Jesus. Then the truth was shared with the rest of the world. The Bible is God's message to us, not any other book or philosophy. There is only one way, truth and life.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Amazing Horse
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I PRAY in JESUS name people watch how the speak here. We are NOT GOD so walk softly please. My dad hated the fact my mom wanted to take me to Church. And for a very long time would let her go but not me. Well they keep praying.. then one day ..he just let me go and from there on...never a problem. Prayer.. I WILL be praying. There are SOMETIMES we HAVE to stand for JESUS. This from just what I read is not like that..but about Church. Pray.. tell ones around you that believe in Jesus and here.. and GOD will open the DOOR so you can GO to Church..

See.. my dad was wrong.. but he was my dad my parent. Gods word is clear.. children obey your parents and you will live long on this earth. Do you read any BUTS in there? No.. obey. ..NOT talking about abuse or the like... but.. if my dad says you cant go.. I would not go. That is what GOD would and did want as His word says.. me to do. Now I am sure you know people that found Jesus that were kicked out of there home...like so many Jewish people are. But.. in this case.. stay strong in the Faith. Jesus will work on there heart. Its the JESUS in you.. they dont like. It shows us how HE is righteous and we walk in sin. NO ONE likes to know this. Its the LOVE the mercy the grace you show them.. that WILL change their heart.

So my dad in the end found Christ..or Christ found HIM is the truth. Dont be moved by time here. God is not. You stay faithful to HIS word..to HIM.. obey your parents as the word says.. YOUR FREE CHOICE... and the Father WILL open the doors. You will see GOD work in your family. I know it to be true!

Upvote 0

PhantomGaze

Carry on my wayward son.
Aug 16, 2012
✟29,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well you're not grounded are you? Use the phone, or the internet, call a pastor, talk to people in your area, make Christian friends and "hang out" with them that's not at church per se, but you can have church outside of "official church". I am sure a lot of people in the church would love to work with you when they find out your situation. Seriously you should call or send them some kind of message. I think the people in the local church area would love to help you, and connect you with people.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not have to depend on my parents for anything,I am already working in a firm that pays me,I am also in another town,But My parents are restricting me in attending the church like anything
Well, in the US, people in that situation simply go to the church that they want to go to. They may or may not tell their parents that they are doing so, depending on whether or not it will result in a fight. It's different if they still live with their parents or receive financial support from their parents. In those cases, they need to be more careful on the matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you can listen to your parents. Jesus lives in your heart, He's not in a church.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are a Christian then remember that you were adopted OUT of your earthly parent/child relationship unto and by the Father, God, Creator and Sustainer of the universe and your earthly parents. Ever since you were saved HE has been your Father/Abba/Daddy regardless of age. You should obey earthly parents in Godly counsel and correction. But the boy Jesus under earthly parents had to go his own way at times when God, the Father, led Him in another direction. Your most important identity and ultimate essence since you were saved is that of being a child of God and becoming a New Creation in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not intend to imply that you dishonor or disrespect your parents. But how you do that is a matter of who is judging your actions. If your disobedience to their wishes is due to your obedience to a higher power and authority, God, our Father, than your parents and you are yet troubled or conflicted due to your commitment to your earthly parents I believe that God will honor your actions as HE, the Judge of all mankind, knows the intentions and motives of our hearts. And it was him at age 12 who abandoned his earthly parents while even traveling on a trip to be with His heavenly Father, in CHURCH, the temple. Jesus said:
  • Matt 10:37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me;...;and anyone who does not take his cross and follow is not worthy of me."
  • Lk 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters-yes even his own life-he cannot be my disciple."
  • Matt 16:24 "Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."
  • Jn 3:7 "You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again."
Elsewhere in God's Word we read:
  • Jn 1:12 "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gve the right to become the children of God,..., born of God."
  • Ro 8:15 says we can cry out to him as Abba (Daddy) and Father.
  • 2 Co 6:18 ""I will be a father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.""
  • 1 Jn 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it dd not know him."
  • Gal 4:5-7 We are heirs. We have inheritance rights. (Also: Col 1:2; Col 3:24; 1 Pt 1:4; Ro 8:17; Gal 3:29)
How you interpret and respond to God's Word is determined by how much you have allowed the manifestation of the Holy Spirit to develop within.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One last thought unless I need to respond, anti-abortionists use this verse as one of their main props: Ps 139:13 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb."

This is not only a verse to support the proposition that we are life since conception BUT also it states that it wasn't JUST our earthly mother and father who had a hand in our being. When a mother and father claim exclusive pro-creation rights to their child they are making a big mistake. They only provided the raw materials, GOD created our inmost being, He knit us together IN our mother's womb. It is our parent's duty to recognize that fact, seek and discover such thereof, and help God bring His purposes for our child to fruition and relinquish appropriate control.

Upvote 0