Christian inappropriate content

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
I agree that any Christian who was following the path God had intended, would never go down that path.

However, I have done things in my life that would be considered sinful, but I would not change anything that I have done. All the choices that I have made, resulted in the person that I am today, and I like that person. How many people can say that?

I still re-state my assertion that if I had to do something sinful, to accomplish a greater good, then I would do so. Without regret or apology.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"All the choices that I have made, resulted in the person that I am today, and I like that person. How many people can say that?"

So you would still sin if given a choice? I think you might want to rethink that.

"I still re-state my assertion that if I had to do something sinful, to accomplish a greater good, then I would do so. Without regret or apology."

then I think you need to read some of the bible :) might want to focus on the parts about not sinning :)

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MyJhongFist,

I just want to clarify, would you do the same things over again as a Christian or before being a Christian?

The only reason why I ask, is that when I think back to "life" before being a Christian, I absolutely *cringe*.  Granted, the things I did, or thought, or whatever, helped to shape my personality now, but it certainly did not help in my "reaping what I'm sowing".  Know what I mean?  :)

Upvote 0

Laura

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Outspoken
"All the choices that I have made, resulted in the person that I am today, and I like that person. How many people can say that?"

So you would still sin if given a choice? I think you might want to rethink that.

"I still re-state my assertion that if I had to do something sinful, to accomplish a greater good, then I would do so. Without regret or apology."

then I think you need to read some of the bible :) might want to focus on the parts about not sinning :)

You sure do judge and condemn a lot. Maybe you should check out the parts of the Bible where it talks about judging other people. You might want to drop the "holier than thou" attitude while you're at it.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"You sure do judge and condemn a lot. "

I tell you if I think you're wrong or not, yes. the bible says to examine yourself then help your brother/sister. I do this on a daily basis thanks. I am to point out where I see incorrect teachings. That's what I was called to do when I was called to be a christian. Its called being a watchdog :)

"You might want to drop the "holier than thou" attitude while you're at it."

I told you that you're wrong about this issue. That is in no way saying I'm holier then you. Me telling you that I hit my mother and needed to be spanked by my parents because i was a bad kid is saying I'm holier then you? If you're wrong, there is no need to read into my statements and act defensive. What you're percieving isn't there. I'm human just like everyone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laura

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Outspoken

I tell you if I think you're wrong or not, yes. the bible says to examine yourself then help your brother/sister. I do this on a daily basis thanks. I am to point out where I see incorrect teachings. That's what I was called to do when I was called to be a christian. Its called being a watchdog :)

Being a Christian doesn't give you the right to judge other people. How does that verse go...oh yeah, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Maybe you should check out John 8.

I told you that you're wrong about this issue. That is in no way saying I'm holier then you. Me telling you that I hit my mother and needed to be spanked by my parents because i was a bad kid is saying I'm holier then you? If you're wrong, there is no need to read into my statements and act defensive. What you're percieving isn't there. I'm human just like everyone else.

Uh...the last I checked, we were talking about strippers and inappropriate content stars here. I was talking about your attitude and extreme amount of judging in this thread.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"Being a Christian doesn't give you the right to judge other people. "

No, it doesn't but telling they are sinning and trying to help them stop by pointing them to the bible and the right ways..yea I need to do that.

"Maybe you should check out John 8."

I learned a long time ago I don't wanna be like Cain, I AM my brother's keeper.

"I was talking about your attitude and extreme amount of judging in this thread."

YOu mean what they do is wrong? It is. Christ would say so himself. No christian would continue to do that..Remember the "go and sin no more"? That's all I'm saying. I'm NOT saying its a terrible horrible thing they do and they should be strung up by their nails. What I AM saying is that its wrong, sinful and they should stop it if they are a christian and they should NOT start it if they are. There is no excuse for sinning when you clearly have other paths which are not sinful.

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sin...it is wrong to sin, and everyone sins, including me, but it is still wrong to sin.
Judge...it is wrong to judge, and when I can, I try not to judge, and will not judge. Telling someone he or she is wrong is not judge. It is to warn.
That is a bible verse somewhere that tells
that if a righteous man is about to stumble and you do not warn him and he stumbles, the blood will be on your head if he falls and is punished by God for his sins.

With this in mind, it is wrong to close an eye to the sins of the fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

But it is also important to remember this:
Hate the sin but love the sinner.

Sure. Some of the Christians might not be walking right before God, and thus, we ought to warn them about their states.
We ought to tell them about their sins,
rather than tell them how we pity them, or feel sorry that they had left a mark in their Christian walk.
All of us had marks, but the reason we can leave as we don't have one is because God erase them away from our lives.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by blindfaith
MyJhongFist,

I just want to clarify, would you do the same things over again as a Christian or before being a Christian?

The only reason why I ask, is that when I think back to "life" before being a Christian, I absolutely *cringe*.  Granted, the things I did, or thought, or whatever, helped to shape my personality now, but it certainly did not help in my "reaping what I'm sowing".  Know what I mean?  :)

My life as an atheist/agnostic..(whatever..I could never make up my mind on that one) is really no different from my life as a Christian.
Except, of course, having God in my life.
No major life changes at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by seebs
Oh, come now. There are people who sincerely disagree with you about politics; that doesn't make 'em bad.

Perspective.  I'd exclude moderates like Norm Coleman, but, come on now, Strom Thurmond? 

I was using hyperbole for effect, but, voting "conservative" too often means, "Well, I got mine and it's a tough world, Jack!"

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Texas Lynn
Voting Republican has got to be more sinful than anything having to do with sex ever could possibly be.

Oh wow.  That's not too petty or condescending.  Perhaps you could try harder to tell people that God thinks them sinners just because they disagree with you politically.

Speak for God often?

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Perspective.  I'd exclude moderates like Norm Coleman, but, come on now, Strom Thurmond? 

In case you hadn't noticed Strom Thurmond is an antique and a throwback.  He is also in no way indicitive of the modern Republican party.

I was using hyperbole for effect, but, voting "conservative" too often means, "Well, I got mine and it's a tough world, Jack!"

Really?  I vote conservative at least 8 times out of 10 and I've never said that.  You can't read my mind or anyone else's.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Perhaps it does sometimes, but of the conservatives I know (I'd guess a third to half of my friends vote Republican), none are like that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.