Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says "Do not murder". Suiciding is self murder and so I believe those who commit suicide will end up in hell. We need to talk to our children regarding such issues. Nowadays youngsters can't take anything. They need to have everything go their way. Too much luxury I believe.

Actually I think it's more that people are caring less and less about each other. Many families are dysfunctional nowadays and these kids have no one to turn to. Yes you could say they have Jesus but most people of this generation don't have a real understanding of God. Because most parents, even Christian ones, don't teach them. They just leave it to the church...or not at all.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...Then where are they now?

"Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:6-7

• Useful
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All things are possible but that doesn't mean they are going to happen on this side of death. Jesus said this in a very specific situation when He was asked "if he could" heal the boy. The perfect world is after we die in Christ. God did not promise us a perfect or easy world to live in.

I was saved and "rescued" by Jesus as a very small child. He walked with me very closely and intimately as my husband was dying and for a long time afterwards. He is still there but now I live in the world of the living. Most people are not cured of medical problems through miracles. God has given us doctors and medications to treat them...but again, we all will eventually die and most people really don't die in perfect health....even devoted Christians. Even Paul lived with an affliction that haunted him that God did not remove.
Double mindedness will always accomplish nothing.

“let not that man think he will receive anything of the the Lord“

You say testimonynif a childhood
On one hand
Then deny God in the other.
You get exactly what you believe .

God can and wills to set you free.
It takes exactly the same faith to believe
That as it does to belief he has set you free from the Power of sin.
But I wager you don't believe he has done that either.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?
Read the text in which it is written
.copy and paste the entire text ..remove the chapter numbers and all verse numbers.
Then remove the paragraphs.
All these were added .

Now...read the block of text and you will see he plainly states the answer to your question.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I think it's more that people are caring less and less about each other. Many families are dysfunctional nowadays and these kids have no one to turn to. Yes you could say they have Jesus but most people of this generation don't have a real understanding of God. Because most parents, even Christian ones, don't teach them. They just leave it to the church...or not at all.

Yes, that's also a problem faced by children these days. In my society parents these days use their children to promote their own glory and if the kids are not able to achieve what the parents want they get angry with them. I wonder if they really love their own offsprings. This is too harsh on the kids and they inturn get frustrated and they will end up being unable to love their parents.

Reactions: Jesus4Ever
Upvote 0

jeffinjapan

Jun 8, 2017
New Orleans, LA
✟9,595.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I pretty much believe that most suicides go to hell. But when I hear of children--tweens and teens, committing suicide, it's even more sad, imagining a kid in hell. What do you think on this issue? Sad because they think they're ending their pain, but their pain ends up becoming magnified by 1 million for eternity...
What I think is how sad it is that you and so many other Christians actually believe this. Who is this God you believe in?

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read the text in which it is written
.copy and paste the entire text ..remove the chapter numbers and all verse numbers.
Then remove the paragraphs.
All these were added .

Now...read the block of text and you will see he plainly states the answer to your question.

....and this is to reference to???

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I pretty much believe that most suicides go to hell. But when I hear of children--tweens and teens, committing suicide, it's even more sad, imagining a kid in hell. What do you think on this issue? Sad because they think they're ending their pain, but their pain ends up becoming magnified by 1 million for eternity...

I don't necessarily think people who commit suicide to go to hell. Some suicides come about because a person is mentally influenced by drugs. Others might be suffering from mental illness and their minds and emotions aren't evaluating the world as they should. Surely, God knows the extent to which a person is in their right mind or not when they commit suicide. Otherwise, if He doesn't, there's a lot of formerly mentally ill people who are lost to destruction for no fault of their own.

No, I like to think that God is not only merciful and full of grace, but He also knows that many people down here have a really hard time of it on the mental/emotional level, and it's not always their fault that they feel the way they do and that they sometimes take their lives. I think He knows the difference, and even though it isn't His will that anyone takes their own life, His knowledge of that difference will make a difference on Judgment Day.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe then all things are possible.

Who is it that said these words ?
Are you attributing him as part of the problem ?
It is ill-advised to assume everyone has the same faith as you do. Everyone is given a measure of faith.......some can move mountains, others pebbles. If you have been blessed with faith to move a mountain, it would not be wise to look down on those who dont have it, and even less wise to tell them to try to move the mountain anyway. You should feel blessed by the unmerited faith you were given and pray that others be increased as well. God-forbid you convince someone to stop taking meds because of your faith, and they end up killing themselves because it is their own faith that matters.

While I know what you say to be true....it is not something to push onto those who dont believe.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is ill-advised to assume everyone has the same faith as you do. Everyone is given a measure of faith.......some can move mountains, others pebbles. If you have been blessed with faith to move a mountain, it would not be wise to look down on those who dont have it, and even less wise to tell them to try to move the mountain anyway. You should feel blessed by the unmerited faith you were given and pray that others be increased as well. God-forbid you convince someone to stop taking meds because of your faith, and they end up killing themselves because it is their own faith that matters.

While I know what you say to be true....it is not something to push onto those who dont believe.
Wait..don't push belief in Jesus on those that claim to believe in Jesus.
What waffle is this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't necessarily think people who commit suicide to go to hell. Some suicides come about because a person is mentally influenced by drugs. Others might be suffering from mental illness and their minds and emotions aren't evaluating the world as they should. Surely, God knows the extent to which a person is in their right mind or not when they commit suicide. Otherwise, if He doesn't, there's a lot of formerly mentally ill people who are lost to destruction for no fault of their own.

No, I like to think that God is not only merciful and full of grace, but He also knows that many people down here have a really hard time of it on the mental/emotional level, and it's not always their fault that they feel the way they do and that they sometimes take their lives. I think He knows the difference, and even though it isn't His will that anyone takes their own life, His knowledge of that difference will make a difference on Judgment Day. (QUOTE)

Well...you could also make the argument that people who take illicit drugs aren't really saved by Jesus...

My opinion on the matter though is that nobody can judge who is going to Hell but God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus doesnt need to be pushed....Jesus IS. What you are pushing is your own pride.
are you quite sure about that ?
or is it the thought of doing what the lord Jesus commands us to do that scares you the most ?
is it pride to obey him .
or to opposehim ?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So eternal sin...my question is what qualifies as eternal sin then?
who cares. it is what we do here now in this life for which we are judged.
whether judgment for reward
or judgment for damnation All will be judged

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
are you quite sure about that ?
or is it the thought of doing what the lord Jesus commands us to do that scares you the most ?
is it pride to obey him .
or to opposehim ?
It would not be fruitful to continue this conversation. I dont feel lead to impose knowledge on you. Continue in the ways that seems right to you...until God shows you something different.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know whether suicides "go to hell" or not. It's difficult for me to reconcile the will to commit suicide with having saving faith, but I avoid such definitive statements about goes to hell and who doesn't.

Agreed

I believe in the age of accountability in regard to children with all things, but I also believe in God looking at and judging the persons heart and faith. When an adult - or child - snaps sometimes, if they are not in their right mind and out of control with their behavior because of no fault of their own, I would think that would be taken into consideration. Trauma, chemical imbalance overload, tragedy - it may ruin a mind but it doesn't erase years of faith, service and love. If courts would not hold a person legally competent, even man realizes this.

Upvote 0