Cant Find ANY evidence of an old earth...

TransformedByGrace

Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been studying creation/evolution science for about 3 years now, concentrating mostly on young/old earth creation principles.
Last week I started writing an argument paper for a class that I am in, and seem to have come to a minor dilemma: An good argument shows facts from both sides of a topic, and I cannot find one fact that supports the earth being billions of years old.
The following statements are proven facts, not opinions, therefore to bring any unproven theory or idea against them would be pointless. If you want to debate whether they are facts or not, cut and paste into the debate section, this thread isn't here for that purpose.
Here's some of the notes that I'm including in my paper:

-
*Lack of erosion from animals, water, or weather in rock strata “supposedly millions of years old”.
*Polystrate fossils, which traverse several layers of rock vertically (rock layers supposedly many millions of years old).
*Thick layers of rock bent, indicating the rock was all soft when bent (not thousands of years of laying there before bending).
*Red blood cells and hemoglobin, which only last a few thousand years, found in some dinosaur bone.
*Earth’s magnetic field decaying so rapidly, that it looks like the earth must be under 10,000yrs old.
*Helium content is about 1/12000th of what would be expected if the atmosphere were billions of yrs old.
*There are no known Supernova Remnants that are widely expanded enough to be billions of years old.
*Moon receding from earth about 4cm/yr, would have been touching the earth 1.37 billion years ago.
*There is too little salt in the sea to be more than about 60 million years old accounting for the salt ratio.
*Milky Way stars wind themselves up too fast to be billions of years old. (Also in other galaxies)
*Comets disintegrate too quickly, average comet lifespan is about 10,000 years.
*Each year about 25 billion tons of dirt and rock deposit on the ocean floor, the mud collected is only about 400meters, allowing only a few thousand years of sediment to collect.
*Cambrian sandstone formed “500 million years ago”, was still not solidified when ejected.
*Polonium-210 radiohalos in rocks indicate that Jurassic, Triassic and Eocene rock formations were within a few months of eachother.
*Polonium-218 radiohalos have no evidence of mother elements indicating either instant creation or drastic spontaneous change in radioactive decay rates.
*Helium has not escaped from deep, hot rocks (supposedly billions of years old) in the Rocky Mountains, concluding that they are no more than a few thousand years old.
*The half-life of C14 is 5,730 +-40yrs, after this long, ½ of the C14 in an object will be converted to N14. After 11,460yrs, only ¼ of the C14 will be left…and so on. Anything above 50-60,000yrs old, theoretically should not contain any traceable C14 left. The very fact that you find C14 in an object proves that the object is not billions of years old.
-

I also have quite a list of evidence that is not proven facts, yet is quite interesting to hear. One example being:
*The Stone Age (supposedly atleast 100,000yrs) should have accounted for about 4 billion skeletons of “Neanderthal men”, only a few thousand have ever been found.

If you would like some more examples of proven facts, or more interesting information, I would be glad to type them up later when I have time.

I purposely placed this in the Friendship Court, and not the creation/evolution debate section, because the purpose was not to debate ideas, there is too much of that nonsense going on here already.

If you would like to help me by showing me any facts that support an old earth, and line up with the other facts listed, please post some. ;)