Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's say that I believe women can teach but that they should know not to preach certain things regarding their superiority and realize the man is ultimately the head.

Is that pushing me to one side of the theological spectrum?
The friend of the bridegroom's ts.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's say that I believe women can teach but that they should know not to preach certain things regarding their superiority and realize the man is ultimately the head.

Is that pushing me to one side of the theological spectrum?
How can any superiority be claimed anywhere by any of God's creatures? They can only compliment each other. Looking into a mirror and being met with a silent reflection doesn't look very near to glory. But thanks for asking.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just curious because my friend is a men's right s over women's type of person and I want to know if I should debate him. I am a believer in Joyce Meyer but need to tell him that she should be respected.
You would have to change his belief pattern and that's a bit of an investment. Consider the cost if your willing to keep silent about it. You may have to watch Joyce behind closed doors. Good luck ...

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You would have to change his belief pattern and that's a bit of an investment. Consider the cost if your willing to keep silent about it. You may have to watch Joyce behind closed doors. Good luck ...

Thanks it gets heated some times but he does listen indirectly and say Amen when I recite stuff from memory of hers in a way that he does not know it is from her lol.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks it gets heated some times but he does listen indirectly and say Amen when I recite stuff from memory of hers in a way that he does not know it is from her lol.
She's very common sense in her teachings :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She's very common sense in her teachings :)

Yes he suffer from her ptsd in other ways and doesn't realize that she has the key if he were to believe and take it while setting his biases aside.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
? Ask some questions?
The place to start is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Where do you stand on the authority of Scripture, it's histories and doctrines? Later you will start to ask yourself about the authority of Christian institutions like Rome, do you think they have the authority to forgive sinners and sanctify believers.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just curious because my friend is a men's right s over women's type of person and I want to know if I should debate him. I am a believer in Joyce Meyer but need to tell him that she should be respected.
Joyce teaches that Jesus went to hell and was tortured by demons for 3 days that is not to be respected but called what it is blasphemy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Calvinist or Arminianist ?

Preterist or Futurist?

Cessationist or Continuationist?

Young Earth Creationist or Theistic Evolutionist?

Ahhh...the wonderful labels we use to divide the body of Christ.
Lol thank I will start my google search

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 3

3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 3

3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
A good perspective; it's really good to get back to Scripture, and not necessarily revolve around labels.

Upvote 0