Coolant

Jan 23, 2017
san diego
✟15,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.

By Grace you have been saved...if anyone thinks overwise then they are saying that Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection wasn't enough. Christ's blood cleanses us from ALL sin. Just remember that it doesn't give us a license to sin because we become slaves of who we obey whether it be Christ or sin.

Reactions: singpraise
Upvote 0

techron

Feb 1, 2012
New Mexico
✟15,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.
Steve needs to read the bible. It is a forgivable sin just like all sin. The only unforgivable one is refusing to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. Read the new testament so you know the truth. It's only 260 total chapters, that means 3 chapters a day and you can read it in 3 months! We all struggle with something but we don't have to act on it with the power of Jesus!

Upvote 0
Dec 11, 2015
Earth
✟7,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Upvote 0
Dec 11, 2015
Earth
✟7,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear IAmaNobody, Yes, Jesus can deliver you,. as He came not only to heal us of our physical fallen conditions, but also our emotional and spiritual ones too that we , as a fallen human race, have been dealt with.

It requires asking Him for grace to help you be willing to deny yourself and say "no" to the natural inclinations. And then while saying "no" to yourself, asking Him to help you say "Yes" to Him and His transformation within you.
Just so everyone knows, this is for all of us, as we all have conditions needing to be restored. It doesn't have to be something obvious, but can be a condition in our self-life... such as the need for hoarding, or worrying , or the attitude we need to defend ourselves all the time, etc. here are trillians of souls' diseases all of us have. Homosexuality is only one of many trillians., so don't ever feel isolated or alone... we ALL.. are God's works in progress.. and I believe that God's redemptive work in us is often not all in one day, but by degrees throughout our lives.
You may even be asked to carry the cross of homosexuality FOR Christ... as long as you don't give into your flesh.. and it can be a prayer offering to our Lord., where others may judge you if they knew, but God knows your inner cross and doesn't judge you.
If you fall, pick yourself back up and don't condemn yourself.. depend on strength from the Holy Spirit Who will never leave you alone, and knows that ALL humanity is in need of restoration!
love, one of His nobodies too! :)

Upvote 0

Veronica S

Jan 7, 2017
Niagara Falls Canada
✟15,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I don't know where it says in the Bible that Jesus died for all sins except homosexuality. He died once for all sin. Pas
In John 3:16-17 it says God so loved the world... That includes you. That he gave His son that whomsoever believes Present tense in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Hey guess what. God loves you so much that He wants to hang out with you forever. Jesus died once to forgive all sin past present and future. That is all sin. So if there are conditions then an awful lot of Christians are going straight to hell and it has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. Except for this one true fact God wants you to go to Him about your sin so He can work it through with you. Remember that even after Adam and Eve sinned God still sought them out. Even after they left the garden God still dwelt among His people. He still showed up committed to them as a Father. He still does this today through a person called Grace or Jesus Christ. My heart breaks for you because the sin consiousness of the world is not what you need. Even well meaning Christians will condemn and not see the struggles they have in their own flesh. That pastor that says homosexuals cannot be saved needs to check out the inclusive character of God. God knows everything about you and your sin does not scare Him and it does not stop Him from loving you. Look at the cross long and hard and see what does there on your behalf. Your sin was forgiven there. It is the elephant in the room now in your relationship with God that is keeping you from enjoying the abundant life that Jesus promised you in John 10:10.
Love in Jesus. He is Life.

Upvote 0

Your Alli

Jan 24, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago
✟18,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like your pray to God for mercy for others.
Now the bible is a matrix that begins with Christ and ends with Christ.
All issues can be found biblically and solved by the words spoken to us by Christ, whose earthly name is Jesus.

With respect to your homosexuality, please read Romans 1:26-28, I quote not, for this is a personally battle with your own desires as a human being.

Last point, I make mention of John 16:9
"The world's sin is unbelief in me"

Unbelief in Christ is the true and ultimate definition of sin given to us in the Gospel of John.

Upvote 0

Jesse Brown

Jan 12, 2016
Perth
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am I wasting my time seeking God
You aren't wasting your time. Life is short and what else could there be to gain other than God's gifts He offers everyone?
Something that really penetrates the soul (may only be for me) when you study it is the scenario of the woman caught in adultery. This can be applied to any sin and not just adultery. Jesus didn't condemn her for what she did when the religious officials condemned her. Nor did Jesus expose their sin either in the process as He didn't need to because they were convicted of their own sinful nature. And it shows that everyone is in the same boat regardless of what sin you may struggle with - The lust of eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life: These are the 3 roots that are in infection in humanity, but because of Jesus, we can overcome these. the scenario I mentioned is a beautiful message, and contrary to your pastor's condemning preaching.
Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus brother.
PS: perhaps you should find another church :/

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
HI iamanobody,

I believe that anyone 'can' be saved. The question is really will they choose to be saved? Jesus said that his burden was light, not easy. I think that there are plenty of references in the Scriptures that tell us that true faith in God is not going to be easy. We're told that we must stand against persecution. We are told that we must persevere in the faith. These statements about a life following after Jesus clearly indicate to me that it's not going to be easy, in this life. God says that He will be found by those who 'diligently' seek for Him. Not just some, oh let's look into this idea of God type of seeking, but a diligent seeking. Not some easy, oh snap, sure that's what it's all about. But a growth and understanding and maturity that comes from starting on a pathway and climbing over the obstacles set in that pathway and staying within the narrow bounds of that pathway until we reach the goal.

Are you up for that? It all begins with knowing Jesus. Would you like to know Him? Let me know.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

My problem with that "those who diligently seek him" seem to be the ones who most become atheists because they end up reading the Bible and looking into things more than most Christians.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

ABOVE ALL....DO NOT listen to what people say about homosexuality, listen to Jesus Christ, the Word of God Himself, because it was God who originally called homosexuality an abomination in the first place...

But as it is written "where sin abounded, Grace abounded even MORE..."

Matthew 12:31
"Therefore I say to you, ANY sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven"

Jesus said that ANY sin you confess in humility toward Him, He will take upon HIMSELF to both forgive and cleanse you from....

1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."

THIS IS A PROMISE FROM ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF, and as it is written..

"It is GOD (not us!) who works IN us both to DESIRE and to DO His good pleasure."

We all know God is not pleased with our perverse sexual desires and actions. This is written ALL OVER the Law(s) of God under the Old Covenant.

But you must remember, God has made a NEW COVENANT with us... the Covenant of Grace and Power in Jesus Christ. Therefore, rest in Jesus Christ, and STOP RELYING ON YOURSELF to stop sinning, but trust in God 110% to deliver you from any and all sin, HE WILL!! I am a living testimony to how God alone can deliver us from perverse sexual desires. I've been thru all the counseling, cutting of internet, blocking smartphones, accountability, and in the end, the only thing that actually worked was giving up, and "betting" on God to save me. If He didn't I would fall headlong into perversion and go to Hell. But if He saved me.... I would be TRULY free.

You are not destined to a lifestyle of continued homosexual iniquity and sinning in that way. That is a lie from Satan that the world has believed. But that is not from God. You are only "born homosexual" in the same way that every other human being is "born a sinner", and God delivers all Believers from ALL sin eventually. It's just a matter of time.... this is our hope and faith... that Jesus will deliver us from this body of sin.

Now you may ask "What do I need to do in the meantime?".

#1 MAKE SURE you have the Holy Spirit living inside your heart. If God is not there, you CANNOT ever be saved. Thankfully, Jesus' sprinkled blood allows God to pour His Spirit into our hearts if we simply ask the Father for the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

#2 Once you are Born of God (receive the Spirit), you will NEVER go to Hell, regardless of what you do "good" or "bad". Your salvation is not dependant upon your actions, but upon your faith in the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We are saved by our "trusting" in the Son of God, not by our deeds.

"By Grace (NOT law-abiding) we are saved, thru Faith (NOT our actions) and NOT by ourselves, it is a (Free) Gift of God, NOT of works, lest any man try to brag."

And again it is written "Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was CREDITED to him as Righteousness"

And again the Word says "Faith is the victory that overcomes the world".

And again John writes "Anyone Born of God overcomes the world".

#3 Having this Seal (the Spirit) and Assurance (Hope) in your heart/soul of God's eternal forgiveness and cleansing of all your sin, Jesus gives believers methods and zeal to resist temptation when He says...

"If you eye offends you, cut it out".

Jesus is saying "Do whatever it takes to make it impossible for your flesh to sin against the Spirit.

#4 It is good to continually ask God to change your heart. That is the only way you will be delivered from sexual perversion.

In the end, you have to completely exhaust your own efforts to stop sinning, give up of sorts, realizing you cannot stop sinning and unless God saves you, you'll plunge into sexual perversion and go to Hell, and then "risk it all" by fully relying on God to deliver you by changing your heart.

It's a huge, dangerous risk to do this, but I can tell you...GOD WILL SAVE YOU OUT OF ALL SINS!

And remember it is written "There is not a man on earth who goes continually without sinning". and also it says "If we sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous One."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kingspawn

Aug 3, 2012
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. I'm a whosoever too!

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
My problem with that "those who diligently seek him" seem to be the ones who most become atheists because they end up reading the Bible and looking into things more than most Christians.

Interesting

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am working on that.
I am working on that.

"Work to enter into His rest" - Hebrews 4:11
Strive to stop striving.
Exert yourself to stop exerting yourself.

This is what Faith means.....

It means, you've tried to live righteously, but it only made things worse. You have nothing left.... you're out of gas. You can't do good. No plan to live right works. No scheme lasts. You're encompassed with your sin. You're chained in iniquity. You tried. You REALLY TRIED!!! You cried out to Jesus praying "Help me Lord!" "Help me!". Sometimes you meant it, other times you didn't... but you kept crying out. You even reached out your hands towards the heavens and cried "Father! Pick me up out of my mess!" but nothing.... you're still in it. You sinned again. You keep sinning and cannot quit! Your spirit dries up to nothing. It runs out. You've become truly "poor in spirit". You've been beaten to a pulp by Satan, and he tells you all your sins. He accuses you before the Father, and his accusations are accurate!! You've been tricked by sin and allured by temptation. And you've failed the test. You're doomed. There's no hope. The time for being rescued is past, and you are not saved. As it is written..

"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved." - Jeremiah 8:20

You're on the path to complete corruption and your annihilation is pending...

You're going to Hell. You're going to Hell!!!

UNLESS....

Unless God saves you. It can only be God. Suddenly you remember the cross...and you understand.... now you see it... your sin... the WHOLE of your sin...nailed to the cross.

And you see.

"I believe!"

This is Faith.

And suddenly Grace Himself steps down, the earth crumbles, the walls fall down, the cage doors open..... and He ushers you out into the fields of Light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You are a human being, therefore, you can be saved. You hate your sin, I hate all of mine too.

You are a non-practicing homosexual... what sin is there in that?

What if someone is a not-practicing thief? Non-practicing Liar? Non-practicing gossip?

If you hate your sin, you want to be forgiven, you ask to be forgiven.... you are forgiven.

IMO..... even if you were practicing, and stopped, got saved and slipped up from time to time... still saved.

How many of us have a "personal struggle" with gluttony, or gossiping or inappropriate content, or any other little flaw in our lives that we struggle to get a handle on. We try and try to keep on the path. We pray and pray for release, but are still plagued with the weakness.

The main thing is the attitude of our heart. We desire to be like Christ, we know we sin, we hate the sin and are aiming our moral compass in a direction to rid our lives from it.

This is far different than the "in your face attitude" of those that don't think it's a sin, have no desire to change, are not ashamed of their actions or attitude. They are on a whole different road than you are.

Everyone can be saved....if they have the attitude that you do.

Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That is a very irresponsible thing to say and very far from the truth. Those who sincerely seek Him will find Him, that is a promise of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UniquePerception

Jan 24, 2017
England
✟7,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have considerable experience in this as I had some friends who were homosexual. Let me first give you some history about one of them...

A few years ago whilst I was working in a health related profession, a new colleague began working with me. He was an incredible person, a little effeminate, but never inappropriate and did the work better than anyone. One day we were talking and he suddenly told me he was a Christian but that he used to be a homosexual, I explained I was a Christian and we shared experiences. Now at the time the fact that he said he "used to be a homosexual" intrigued me, so over the next few weeks we talked on all kinds of subjects but as he learnt to trust me he started telling me his life before Christianity.

I won't go into details but he lived a homosexual life for years. He had long term relationships and believed God didn't want him to live like that anymore. He suffered from lust, got involved in depravity but still pursued God. It came to a point where he felt inside he needed to end his homosexual relationship and be on his own to "find God".

He learnt scripture well, and started spending time in prayer and learning to hear the voice of God. As he surrendered and learnt to fight against what scripture calls in some translations, "evil forces in high places". He began to be delivered of lust and what he called unclean feelings, and began a celibate life seeking and serving God. His passion knew no bounds and he thought he would be single all the rest of his life. So he focused on knowing God and obeying him in small things at first and then in every opportunity.

After a few years he was a shinning example for everyone what a man of God should be. God was doing miracles in his life in such a deep way that many were jealous of his spiritual strength and seemingly incredible gifts from God. But he was more committed and intent than anyone.

Then one day he came to me and said, "God has told me he is going to give me a wife." Wow, I said. Do you find women attractive? "NO! he replied, and then laughed. But God can do the impossible as I trust him."

The bottom line is - he met a woman and they got married. They have been married for 10 years and have 5 children.

Shortly after he got married I asked him how it happened.

He told me his wife used to be a lesbian and God has done the same to her and as she surrendered to a Holy God he changed her. He did things ever so gently and told her she was going to get married to a man.

I was gob smacked and amazed thanking God for his power.

I then asked, "Did she fancy you at all? "NO, she didn't like men. She had no desire at all. It was the same with me, as I've told you previously." "So What actually happened", I said.

Then he went on to explain that they both concentrated on seeking God and God brought them together. They continued to pray together and they focused on loving God and sharing what they learnt with each other. They both had no sexual desire for each other nor were they attracted to the opposite sex. I was amazed.

"So you really learned to trust God and just followed him?", "Yes, exactly".

"So do you feel anything now you are married towards each other", I asked."Oh, Yes absolutely he responded with a huge smile on his face".

"Okay Brilliant, when did that happen?", I enquired. "On our wedding night he responded", grinning from ear to ear.

This is just one short account that I know of and I know quite a few more. God can and does do the impossible, in fact most things he does are like that. Jesus can save to the uttermost. And those who come to him he will not cast out, meaning he will not reject you if you come on his terms. Jesus Christ never rejects anyone who comes to him sincerely and humbly.

So I would say put your fears aside, do not give up. Commit your ways to God and he will direct your paths. You may struggle and fall but get back up and keep aiming for the perfect way and surrender to the Holy Spirit.

Don't let anyone deter you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
I have considerable experience in this as I had some friends who were homosexual. Let me first give you some history about one of them...

A few years ago whilst I was working in a health related profession, a new colleague began working with me. He was an incredible person, a little effeminate, but never inappropriate and did the work better than anyone. One day we were talking and he suddenly told me he was a Christian but that he used to be a homosexual, I explained I was a Christian and we shared experiences. Now at the time the fact that he said he "used to be a homosexual" intrigued me, so over the next few weeks we talked on all kinds of subjects but as he learnt to trust me he started telling me his life before Christianity.

I won't go into details but he lived a homosexual life for years. He had long term relationships and believed God didn't want him to live like that anymore. He suffered from lust, got involved in depravity but still pursued God. It came to a point where he felt inside he needed to end his homosexual relationship and be on his own to "find God".

He learn scripture well, and started spending time in prayer and learning to hear the voice of God. As he surrendered and learnt to fight against what scripture calls evil forces in high places. He began to be delivered of lust and what he called unclean feelings, and began a celebate life seeking and serving God. His passion knew no bounds and he thought he would be single all the rest of his life. So he focused on knowing God and obeying him in small things at first and the in every opportunity.

After a few years he was a shinning example for everyone what a man a God should be. God was doing miracles in his life in such a deep way that many were jealous of his spiritual strength and seemingly gifts from God. But he was more committed and intent than anyone.

Then one day he came to me and said, "God has told me he is going to give me a wife." Wow, I said. Do you find women attractive? "NO! he replied, and then laughed. But God can do the impossible as I trust him."

The bottom line is - he met a woman and they got married. They have been married for 10 years and have 5 children.

Shortly after he got married I asked him how it happened.

He told me his wife used to be a lesbian and God has done the same to her and as she surrendered to a holy God he changed her. He did things ever so gently and told her she was going to get married to a man.

I was gob smacked and amazed thanking God for his power.

I then asked did she fancy you at all? "NO, she didnt like men. She had no desire at all. It was the same with me, as Ive told you previously." "So What actually happened", I said.

Then he went on to explain that they both concentrated on seeking God and God brought them together. That they both had no sexual desire nor were attracted to the opposite sex. I was amazed.

"So you really learned to trust God and just followed him?", "Yes, exactly".

"So do you feel anything now you are married towards each other", I asked."Oh, Yes absolutely he responded with a hugh smile on his face

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
"Work to enter into His rest" - Hebrews 4:11
Strive to stop striving.
Exert yourself to stop exerting yourself.

This is what Faith means.....

It means, you've tried to live righteously, but it only made things worse. You have nothing left.... you're out of gas. You can't do good. No plan to live right works. No scheme lasts. You're encompassed with your sin. You're chained in iniquity. You tried. You REALLY TRIED!!! You cried out to Jesus praying "Help me Lord!" "Help me!". Sometimes you meant it, other times you didn't... but you kept crying out. You even reached out your hands towards the heavens and cried "Father! Pick me up out of my mess!" but nothing.... you're still in it. You sinned again. You keep sinning and cannot quit! Your spirit dries up to nothing. It runs out. You've become truly "poor in spirit". You've been beaten to a pulp by Satan, and he tells you all your sins. He accuses you before the Father, and his accusations are accurate!! You've been tricked by sin and allured by temptation. And you've failed the test. You're doomed. There's no hope. The time for being rescued is past, and you are not saved. As it is written..

"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved." - Jeremiah 8:20

You're on the path to complete corruption and your annihilation is pending...

You're going to Hell. You're going to Hell!!!

UNLESS....

Unless God saves you. It can only be God. Suddenly you remember the cross...and you understand.... now you see it... your sin... the WHOLE of your sin...nailed to the cross.

And you see.

"I believe!"

This is Faith.

And suddenly Grace Himself steps down, the earth crumbles, the walls fall down, the cage doors open..... and He ushers you out into the fields of Light.

This is informative and helpful. Thank you

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God does not judge people based on anything they do. If you acknowledge God
and accept His Sons death as adequate re-payment for you being less than
perfect, then you are saved. If you think you can change your ways and purchase
additional favor with God, that is not the case.

God sent His Son to die for every possible transgression we could come up with.
His death is sufficient to cover everything, except for our not accepting his free gift.
Accept His gift and you are saved. End of salvation story. Do not hate yourself.
No parent slaps His child and holds back Love until they reach some imaginary standard of perfection.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
You aren't wasting your time. Life is short and what else could there be to gain other than God's gifts He offers everyone?
Something that really penetrates the soul (may only be for me) when you study it is the scenario of the woman caught in adultery. This can be applied to any sin and not just adultery. Jesus didn't condemn her for what she did when the religious officials condemned her. Nor did Jesus expose their sin either in the process as He didn't need to because they were convicted of their own sinful nature. And it shows that everyone is in the same boat regardless of what sin you may struggle with - The lust of eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life: These are the 3 roots that are in infection in humanity, but because of Jesus, we can overcome these. the scenario I mentioned is a beautiful message, and contrary to your pastor's condemning preaching.
Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus brother.
PS: perhaps you should find another church :/

Welcome to Christian Forums, Jesse. Thank you

Upvote 0