Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.

Everyone has sinful temptations. We must resist temptation.

Of course you can be saved!

Upvote 0

SimonPeterJohn

Jun 1, 2013
✟7,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.
We need to constantly ask God for help in our struggles. I trust in the Mercy of God the Father who gives us all strengths and weaknesses and who makes us all different from each other. I believe the Pastor you quoted has in that quote contradicted Jesus Christ who gave the apostles the authority to forgive sins in his name as well as the task of teaching them how to live as Christian disciples. God has provided a Church and shepherds to guide his flock. I advise you seek wise guidance from genuine Christian Pastors. I myself find this within the Catholic Church. We are part of a body. The Body of Christ. May God guide and bless you and help you guide others.

Upvote 0

R. Pinto

Jan 21, 2017
USA
✟761.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No you're never wasting time to seek God!

Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, Im curious. What are you saying he is saved from?

If he has the salvation of Jesus Christ he is saved from hell. A sinner saved by grace, like the rest of us who call ourselves Christians.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are not practicing what you know to be sin you are on a righteous path. We all sin and fall short of the Glory of God. I have so many failings that I used to think that same thing until someone pointed that each time I doubted my ability to be saved I was calling God a liar and minimizing the sacrifice Jesus made for me. It would be better if all those who sought to be righteous could refrain from marriage and serve only God. But if we can't abstain, then be married. Sadly your situation does not give you much choice in finding physical pleasure along with human loving relationships. But for one thing, you were not born homosexual. Something happened in your life to affect your psyche and it has stuck with you all this time. Find a person who was a homosexual and then discovered it wasn't by birth, but by choice. Talk to them and try to find out what happened in your life to turn you. I bet you will find something that happened and given time, will be able to resolve it. Meanwhile, hold on to your love for God and don't let somebody else step in where God has already tread. That is found in John 3:16 and it is that simple.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟883,834.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks

I was listening to people who said I couldn't.

I feel so much for you man! Of course you can be saved! Jesus died on that old cross for YOU. It's the same for you as for anyone else. Don't trust in your own efforts. You are forgiven, receive it by trusting on that cross where all sins in the world were blown away. When you turn your way towards God, he WILL lead you. I'm sure he will. Don't listen to anything else.

He LOVES US, he LOVES YOU SO MUCH, it's like unbelievable. That is LOVE man, the love of God for man. Not one deserves it, yet he gives it.

I will pray for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Veronica S

Jan 7, 2017
Niagara Falls Canada
✟15,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So could it be possible that you could be wrong in your statements to some of the posters here?

My statements, yes. What I quoted from the Bible, no.

Could it be possible that your views are just what you understood of the bible and possibly not what was intended 2k years ago?

Show where I have erred in my use of Bible quotes using exegetical principles (not based on your opinions), because I don't want to be wrong about the Bible.

and if so, what if you unknowingly lead a blind man into a ditch?

Then you furthermore have a responsibility to correct me, if you loved me.

Upvote 0

meladelle

Jan 9, 2017
Texas
✟8,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are not wasting your time!

1 Corinthians chapter 6 talks about things like this.

I myself have struggled with sexual sin. I felt like God had set me up for failure because of sexual abuse in my childhood, along with my prayers for a husband seeming to fall on deaf ears.

I do believe that we "could" be lost if we fell and failed to repent... But the bible lists so many other things that separate us from God... Pride, greed, idolatry... The bible also says if you've broken one commandment, you've broken them all! Without JESUS we have no hope!!! Now, I know I'm referencing scripture... I will certainly get the addresses for you if you would like but I did not want to waste any time to come here to hopefully encourage you! The bible says only one sin can't be forgiven and that is Blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Jesus came to seek and save the lost! Please, talk to Jesus as if he were your closest friend! He already knows the details of your life. He won't be shocked. If you have accepted Jesus into your heart, you are a new creation! Don't believe the lies of the enemy that says that your particular sin struggle is too much for God! It is a lie! Jesus's blood has ALREADY paid for every single sin you have or will commit. Please don't let satans lies turn you away!

Upvote 0

paulmojo

Lion of the tribe of Judah.
Oct 10, 2006
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi brother, first of all I'd like to say Steven Anderson is a false teacher, the man speaks out of his hate, there is no love in him from what I have seen. Second the very fact you hate sin and struggle with lust shows you are a believer, God can and will deliver you from homosexuality he has done the same for many as you can find on youtube. Paul tells us in Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. John tells us in 1 John 5:12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. and the Lord himself tells us in John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them. and in Matthew 11:28 he says, Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Never give up on God, he never gives up on you. My own son told me last year he was gay but sadly he has gone the other road, Paul gave a list of those who would not inherit the Kingdom of God in 1 Corinthians 6:10, but in verse 11 he says And that is what some of you WERE. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. I still have hope my son will repent of his sin a turn to the Lord, he strugggled with it and told no one so couldn't get help and gave in, you struggle but haven't given in and are not living in sin. There is none of us perfect and proverbs 24:16 tells us, for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes. Get that, They rise again, we all stumble and fall, and if Steven Anderson is to be believed, he will be the only one in heaven he thinks he's that perfect and his god is not mercyful, ours is. Be incouraged brother, God has you in the palm of his hand. John 10:27-29 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. Blessings :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShadowWings

Nov 28, 2016
Georgia
✟8,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've only read some of the replies but not all of them because I am absolutely incensed that the enemy is under attack, trying to fill you will fear and doubt.

Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, you not only can be saved, but obviously the Holy Spirit is wooing your heart because it's the Father's will that you ARE saved through the death, suffering and resurrection of His only Son, Christ Jesus! The cost for the sins in your life have already been paid in full by Christ on the Cross so don't let the enemy for one minute try to steal God's truth.

We have all sinned, we all have to repent for the sins committed against a Holy God, we have all asked Jesus to cleanse us because He alone is worthy, and we all ask and need His Spirit to fill our hearts and mind once we have repented and been cleansed.

Here is a stunningly beautiful and comprehensive teaching on "the normal Christian birth"...salvation at its fullest:

Upvote 0

GodB4S

Jul 21, 2015
✟10,515.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
IAMANOBODY2015 wrote: Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.

Jesse,
First, you never waste your time seeking God! You were made special in His eyes...look at your fingerprints, no one has any like yours, you were made special to God!
Second, if you are not practicing homosexual acts, how can you be homosexual then! Homosexuals will not enter in the kingdom but if you repent and seek the Lord with all your heart you become a new creature to be like Christ...not a homosexual. Pastor Steven Anderson is correct for "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither: fornicators, nor, idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor, abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Many will not make for they have not been born again, washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. If you seek the Lord and be born again, salvation awaits! Don't think you waste your time seeking the Lord for what you do for Jesus is eternal. The kingdom of God or the lake of fire is our choice...God loves those that make the right choice to love him...that whosoevers believeth shall not perish.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You are not wasting your time! This pastor does not understand and so he is not preaching the truth.

If you do not act on your lusts, you are not sinning. Temptations to sin are not sins. Satan tempted Jesus to sin, but He did not give in to Satan's temptations. To have same sex attraction does not make you a sinful person!

Every person struggles with temptations to sin. Giving in to the sin/doing the sin is sinful. We should do all we can to avoid sin. IOW, we should not put ourselves in a position that makes it difficult for us to avoid sin and this is because we are indeed responsible for all our actions.

Jesus forgives every person who repents of his sins. Makes no difference what types of sin the person sins. A person repents when he hates his sin and intends to do all he can to not repeat his sin. This does not mean that he will not repeat his sin. If he does sin the same sin and repents of it, he will be forgiven again. God is merciful. Acts 26:20

Life on earth is a continual testing of our faithfulness. It is the state of our soul at the instant we die that determines where we spend eternity. God is just. 1 Peter 5:8

Upvote 0

Shea Rodriguez

Oct 30, 2016
Oregon
✟17,584.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The sin is in the sex act. Do you think that normally oriented persons are not afflicted with lusts? It doesn't matter what the lusts are, whether food, sex, alcohol, pedophilia, whatever, they are all sin and to not give in to those lusts and gluttony is a large part of what our Christian walk is all about. It's about confessing, repenting and praying always for strength. It's not about twisting scripture to fit your lusts and your lifestyle. Yes, you can have salvation through Jesus, but not if you have not repented of your sexual sins, salvation is not offered to you at this time. Same for those who are living in adultery and fornication. The gate is narrow, not wide. Steven Anderson is right, you cannot wallow in abominations to God, and expect salvation. Homosexuality is an abomination to Him, just like pedophilia, inappropriate behavior with animals, murder, alcoholism, drug addiction, adultery, gluttony, etc. He allows one marriage, between a man and a woman, and there are no more beyond that. There is salvation through Jesus Christ, and none other, and through him achieving that narrow gate is possible.

Upvote 0

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You better tell you pastor to get rid of Hebrews 7:25,

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
It doesn't seem to fit with his theology. He might also not like Romans 2:1,

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Does that mean he is every bit as guilty of homosexuality as you are? Just read what's written. He is! We are all guilty (Rom 3:23). He made us righteous, every bit as righteous as himself (Rom 3:22).

Man inserts grades of sin where God doesn't. It's not our individual sins that are the problem. It's our sin nature. We have Adam to thank for that (Rom 5:12). That's why our body dies, and there are no grades of death. That is what Christ fixed.

I am not trying to justify homosexuality because I'm homosexual. I'm not. But I know that my flesh is just as guilty of homosexuality as the most glaring homosexual that ever lived.

If you're born again (Rom 10:9-10), you are God's son. He chose you before the foundation of the world (Eph 1:4). He knew exactly who you would be and what you would do, but he chose you anyway!

Then there is always this:

1Sam 16:7,

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
And this,

1Cor 4:3-4,

3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
Tell this to your pastor:

Phil 3:13,

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
There is no good thing in your or anybody's flesh (Rom 7:18) so why even bother looking at it. Keep your eyes on him.

Almost all pastors are like yours. That's too bad. It must make it hard on you, but don't let them make you feel anything less than a son of God with all power!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's about confessing, repenting and praying always for strength. It's not about twisting scripture to fit your lusts and your lifestyle. Yes, you can have salvation through Jesus, but not if you have not repented of your sexual sins, salvation is not offered to you at this time.

You said an awful lot without backing any of it with scripture. The word says we confess Jesus Christ as our saviour to get saved, not our sins (Rom 10:9-10).

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If he has the salvation of Jesus Christ he is saved from hell. A sinner saved by grace, like the rest of us who call ourselves Christians.

Nice, thanks for the clarification. So do you believe that once you are saved, there is nothing that you can possibly do afterwards to go to hell? e.g. once saved always saved e.g. do whatever process you believe you have to go through to get saved....then you can go back to your old ways and still escape hell?

And if this is not the case, wouldnt it be more appropriate to say "Saved for now" instead of "Saved Period" ?

Upvote 0

Jordana14

Jan 24, 2017
Here, there, and everywhere
✟15,221.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
1. You are not nobody.

2. By the world's standards, I am bisexual. I am a woman, who struggles with same sex attractions but also am attracted to males. I am now married and the bisexual tendencies have waned some. I was not always a Christian, but after becoming one, I stopped indulging the fantasies. When I begin to thonk those types of thoughts, I get up, move, and occupy my mind with something else.

I believe I am saved, but more importantly, I have committed my life to Christ regardless. I have children. I believe with my whole heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that the Bible is true. How could I not seek him, despite my own eventual fate? But, if you believe the Bible, believe that there is only one sin which makes you irredeemable. That is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Not homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Jvb

Dec 2, 2016
USA
✟15,749.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nice, thanks for the clarification. So do you believe that once you are saved, there is nothing that you can possibly do afterwards to go to hell? e.g. once saved always saved e.g. do whatever process you believe you have to go through to get saved....then you can go back to your old ways and still escape hell?

And if this is not the case, wouldnt it be more appropriate to say "Saved for now" instead of "Saved Period" ?

We have free will. Nobody can accidentally lose their salvation and be sent to hell once they are saved. God will not allow anyone to be snatched from His hand.

However, I suppose if a person who had previously proclaimed they were a Christian decided to renounce God, reject Jesus Christ, and confess hatred towards everything good, expressing a desire to be in hell away from God, then by their own free will they could "lose" their salvation. But it wouldn't be God's fault, it would be their own free choice.

You don't lose your salvation simply because of struggling with sin. It is common to all human beings to struggle with sin. God does not leave us alone in our struggle, nor does he reject our pleas and cries for His help.

Upvote 0