DRobert

Baptized, reborn, catholic christian
Dec 10, 2012
✟9,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone. I am really encourage into really seeking God.

I thought that most felt this way. But I think I am also going to seek a Bible teaching church as well.

The Catholic Church is a Bible teaching Church. Jesus established it and said the gates of hell would not prevail against it, meaning it would not teach error, though it's individual members might sin. Paul called it the pillar and spirit of truth. Protestants have the Catholic Church to thank for having their Bibles.

OP, the oracles of God were entrusted to the apostles by word of mouth, then they passed it down to their successors. This is called Sacred Tradition. It's not man-made because this Word came from Jesus himself. The Apostles and others committed the Word Of God into literature called Sacred Scripture. Both Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture make up the Deposit Of Faith, called The Word Of God: One is oral tradition from Jesus, the other is oral tradition committed into the form of literature.

Let me tell you, God loves you and you are his child. But to only rely on Sacred Scripture alone to fight your battle is in some ways like taking a knife to a gun fight in my opinion. You can only do so much with a knife and it can't get you out of all situations.

You need the entire Deposit Of Faith. And so, it is my prayer and hope you will look to the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church to help you in your struggle and set you on the straight path to life.

I'm not a homosexual, but we both have comparable temptations and trials we face as bretheren in the Lord. I can share with you what has helped me in my faith journey if you are interested to know.

Upvote 0

DRobert

Dec 10, 2012
✟9,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said he was born with homosexual tendencies.

Hi Gym Class Hero,

You have done nothing wrong by having homosexual tendencies. Show me where in the Bible does it say being born a homosexual is a sin. It isn't. I'll share this with you because I think you could benefit from this for your conscious sake. God loves you. Let's put it this way: If a man has hetrosexual tendencies, does that mean he is a sinner for having them? Nope. Hetrosexual practices outside of the sacrament of marriage are sinful. I'll make my point more clear: Any sexual act outside of a marriage is not moral and not good.

CCC 2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

CCC 2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
...having a thought is not a sin, but acting on it can be...

Acting on a temptation is ALWAYS sinful. In fact, if a temptation is not quickly taken captive (2 Corinthians 10:5) and is allowed to turn into "lust" in one's mind, then the thought itself becomes sinful (even if you have not "acted" upon it .. Matthew 5:27-28).

Yours in Christ,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Gym Class Hero,

You have done nothing wrong by having homosexual tendencies. Show me where in the Bible does it say being born a homosexual is a sin. It isn't. I'll share this with you because I think you could benefit from this for your conscious sake. God loves you. Let's put it this way: If a man has hetrosexual tendencies, does that mean he is a sinner for having them? Nope. Hetrosexual practices outside of the sacrament of marriage are sinful. I'll make my point more clear: Any sexual act outside of a marriage is not moral and not good.

CCC 2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

CCC 2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.
huh? I think you took my comment wrong. I was talking about the OP being born with those tendencies. I said I was born with predisposition to be a drunken idiot, not predisposed to be gay.

Upvote 0

ljglazner

Lawrence
Aug 22, 2012
Oregon Coast
✟16,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.
No way you are wasting your time! God is merciful and will, by his own promise, not reject anyone who comes to him for salvation. In fact scripture is very specific about homosexuality; he NEVER says that a homosexual DESIRE or tendency is sinful. He only says that homosexual PRACTICES are sinful. It would be great if God would change your desires too, and we should all pray about that, but we all have desires that are ungodly. It is not acting on them that keeps us from sinning.
You are brave to put this out there. It is admirable! Do not believe any who condemn you for your inclination. We are not judged on inclination, but on our activity.

Upvote 0

ljglazner

Lawrence
Aug 22, 2012
Oregon Coast
✟16,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
J
No, your not wasting your time. You have to surrender your life to God. Jesus and The Father will forgive you for your sin.

With my standards with my friends or family. Choose one spouse and keep it private. But I'm not saying Hidden.

But God is God. Jesus will save you if you choose to be a Christian and don't have to change your homosexuality. But I don't believe Jesus is gay. He marries the church. I even have asked Him to marry me. And Jesus rejected me.

I do believe a gay person can be saved by Jesus Christ.
Jesus rejects no one who comes to him for salvation (John 6:37). I'm not sure what you meant when you said Jesus rejected you, but he is not like that. He WANTS everyone to come to him and will not turn anyone away.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus rejects no one who comes to him for salvation (John 6:37). I'm not sure what you meant when you said Jesus rejected you, but he is not like that. He WANTS everyone to come to him and will not turn anyone away.

Well, there are passages like this one that need to be considered, yes!

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

I agree that all who the Father draws (John 6:44) and gives to His Son (John 6:37) will come to Him, and that none of these will perish (John 6:39-40; John 10:27-28) :amen:

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are died to sin. We are not slave to sin .yes we sin occasionally but we do not have the habit to.God know our infirmities and he loves us. he will change us day by day. If we are trying to do good to be saved that is called legalism. we become righteous because we believe in christ.

Lots of problems in the soul results from the feeling of unloved by God. the devil likes to lie to us. One way to resist it is reading core bible scriptures about how much God love us, meditate on it. Then you will grow

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Well, there are passages like this one that need to be considered, yes!

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

I agree that all who the Father draws (John 6:44) and gives to His Son (John 6:37) will come to Him, and that none of these will perish (John 6:39-40; John 10:27-28) :amen:

Yes, I am aware of that as well. That verse scares me. But I know it is the truth.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Hi Gym Class Hero,

Chastity? Well, I may be able to do that.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am aware of that as well. That verse scares me. But I know it is the truth.

Hi Jesse, assuming you are referring to the Matthew 7 passage above, I agree, that one should be, at the very least, unsettling to us all. The Lord teaches us quite a bit of important soteriological truth there however (and as such, needs to be careful considered), so I am very thankful for it :)

Yours in Christ,
David

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON

Just a friendly reminder that the SOP of this forum states:

We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Christian Advice forum.

Please post accordingly.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

DRobert

Dec 10, 2012
✟9,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chastity? Well, I may be able to do that.

Hi brother. You may be able to do it with God's grace that he grants you to desire it. And may he grant you the graces you need to do it. And may he give you strength to do it too. We're apprentices in self-mastery in our faith journey. Both Hetrosexuals and homosexuals--any one of any orientation---are called to chasity. Even in the marriage vocation, chasity had it's place among married couples. Mary and Joseph were chaste. Apart from Mary giving birth to Jesus, Mary remained perpetually a virgin. Joseph married her and remained chaste as he welcomed the birth of the child Jesus as his adopted son. Chasity is frowned upon in our modern world, but you know what, I recall that the Catholic faith teaches that it is a virtue. Many saints and godly men through out christian history were chaste men. Not everyone is called to the married life. The married life had it's own hardships which can lead to different sets of problems, such as dead bedrooms and sexlessness in a marriage. Paul himself was chaste if I recall correctly.

Praying the Rosary, spending time with Jesus before the Blessed Sacrament in vocal and meditive prayer and relying on my friends in Heaven whose prayers are powerful and effacious---Angels and Saints--made all the difference in fully breaking free from the world and the flesh. When I truly felt alone in my life, in my faith journey, Jesus was always there, but so were my many friends in the communion of saints.

I truly can say I could not have become chaste on my own, so I need grace to get by in true surrender of my will, in thought, word and deed and what I am exposed to in a daily walk as a christian to walk the walk and talk the talk. If that means for me to avoid eye contact with another women or my own wife as much as I can in order to guard my mind and my eyes and limit exposure to what I am weak against, then so be it.

God bless you, brother.

The Catholic Church is the best bible-believing Church that can best equip and aid you on your faith journey. Catholic Answers is a good place to help out with that too in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ericguitarman

Apr 14, 2014
Arizona
✟15,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.
  • I have been a believer in Christ since 1975. I didn't and dont always travel the right way so I drop off here and there. I am not proud either but I will also love myself by taking care of me. There is NO sin except what is common to man. I am a sinner as much as you. It doesn't matter that my preference is. You CAN be saved. Just ask him and leave it to him. You wont go to hell for homosexuality. People only go to hell when they deny Christ. You dont seem to have committed the unpardonable sin. You cant control physical attraction but you seem to be doing really well as far as that is concerned. Ted, If I had the boldness to tell my deepest secrets you would think I am Satan himself. But I do have a relationship with God and I trust that he is going to save me. I asked. I meant it. I want it. I want to do what honors him in the Spirit. God is about love. Dont worry at all Ted, just ask him and trust he will. Then you will find that if you pray he will lead you and who knows where that could go.

Upvote 0