Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.

Last edited:

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I PERSONALLY believe that you ( general) are born that way. Therefore, while I am not God. I believe you CAN be saved.

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
of course you can be saved. We are all sinners called to repentance. I am born with the tendency to be a drunken idiot, I just have to choose not to indulge that tendency. I also believe people are born with homosexual tendencies and it's a struggle to avoid that tendency. God bless you and I hope you find your way in Christ.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
of course you can be saved. We are all sinners called to repentance. I am born with the tendency to be a drunken idiot, I just have to choose not to indulge that tendency. I also believe people are born with homosexual tendencies and it's a struggle to avoid that tendency. God bless you and I hope you find your way in Christ.

Thank you

Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI iamanobody,

I believe that anyone 'can' be saved. The question is really will they choose to be saved? Jesus said that his burden was light, not easy. I think that there are plenty of references in the Scriptures that tell us that true faith in God is not going to be easy. We're told that we must stand against persecution. We are told that we must persevere in the faith. These statements about a life following after Jesus clearly indicate to me that it's not going to be easy, in this life. God says that He will be found by those who 'diligently' seek for Him. Not just some, oh let's look into this idea of God type of seeking, but a diligent seeking. Not some easy, oh snap, sure that's what it's all about. But a growth and understanding and maturity that comes from starting on a pathway and climbing over the obstacles set in that pathway and staying within the narrow bounds of that pathway until we reach the goal.

Are you up for that? It all begins with knowing Jesus. Would you like to know Him? Let me know.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course you are saved. Don't believe the lies that you are not. All you need to be saved is to give your heart to Jesus Christ. You are no different from any other sinner saved by grace. God bless you.

Upvote 0

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.

Anyone can be saved. Salvation depends on the work of Jesus Christ - which is, in a sense, already complete. He saves us by his work. Yet we grab ahold of him by repentance and faith.

So the only person who cannot be saved is one who refuses to repent of their sin and to trust in Jesus.

Homosexual behavior is certainly sinful - including what we do with our eyes and our imaginations. But to be tempted to sin is not sinful and it's not something that we're able to repent of. Plenty of heterosexual men are tempted to sin all of the time by lusting toward women who they're not married to. To engage in lust through imagination, through what we do with our eyes, or what we do with our actions - would be sinful. And many times we do sin in this area and need to repent continually. But the temptation itself is not sin.

So I imagine that you will struggle with homosexual temptation for the rest of your life. But so long as you cling to Jesus and repent when you've actually sinned and do not walk away from him and embrace a life of sin then you will be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
HI iamanobody,

I believe that anyone 'can' be saved. The question is really will they choose to be saved? Jesus said that his burden was light, not easy. I think that there are plenty of references in the Scriptures that tell us that true faith in God is not going to be easy. We're told that we must stand against persecution. We are told that we must persevere in the faith. These statements about a life following after Jesus clearly indicate to me that it's not going to be easy, in this life. God says that He will be found by those who 'diligently' seek for Him. Not just some, oh let's look into this idea of God type of seeking, but a diligent seeking. Not some easy, oh snap, sure that's what it's all about. But a growth and understanding and maturity that comes from starting on a pathway and climbing over the obstacles set in that pathway and staying within the narrow bounds of that pathway until we reach the goal.

Are you up for that? It all begins with knowing Jesus. Would you like to know Him? Let me know.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Yes, I do. I am seeking him. But maybe not with my whole heart.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Of course you are saved. Don't believe the lies that you are not. All you need to be saved is to give your heart to Jesus Christ. You are no different from any other sinner saved by grace. God bless you.

Thank you and God bless you, too.

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

You can be saved. God loves you.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Anyone can be saved. Salvation depends on the work of Jesus Christ - which is, in a sense, already complete. He saves us by his work. Yet we grab ahold of him by repentance and faith.

So the only person who cannot be saved is one who refuses to repent of their sin and to trust in Jesus.

Homosexual behavior is certainly sinful - including what we do with our eyes and our imaginations. But to be tempted to sin is not sinful and it's not something that we're able to repent of. Plenty of heterosexual men are tempted to sin all of the time by lusting toward women who they're not married to. To engage in lust through imagination, through what we do with our eyes, or what we do with our actions - would be sinful. And many times we do sin in this area and need to repent continually. But the temptation itself is not sin.

So I imagine that you will struggle with homosexual temptation for the rest of your life. But so long as you cling to Jesus and repent when you've actually sinned and do not walk away from him and embrace a life of sin then you will be saved.

Thank you for what you have said.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Jesus clearly taught in John 3:16 that He will save anyone who believes in Him: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” This “whoever” includes you and every other person in the world.

The Bible says that, if salvation were based on our own efforts, no one could be saved: “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Psalm 143:2 adds, “No one living is righteous before you.” Romans 3:10 affirms, “There is no one righteous, not even one.”

We cannot save ourselves. Instead, we are saved when we believe in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8–9 teaches, “It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” We are saved by God’s grace, and grace, by definition, cannot be earned. We do not deserve salvation; we simply receive it by faith.

God’s grace is enough to cover all sin (Romans 5:20). The Bible is filled with examples of people who were saved from sinful backgrounds. The apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had formerly been living in a variety of sinful conditions, including sexual immorality, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, thievery, greed, and drunkenness. But Paul tells them that, upon salvation, “You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:9–11).

The apostle Paul himself had been a persecutor of Christians, approving of the death of Stephen (Acts 8:1) and arresting Christians and throwing them into prison (Acts 8:3). He would later write, “Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst” (1 Timothy 1:13–15).

God often chooses to save unlikely candidates to serve His purposes. He saved a thief on a cross with only minutes to live (Luke 23:42–43), a persecutor of the church (Paul), a fisherman who had denied Him (Peter), a Roman soldier and his family (Acts 10), a runaway slave (Onesimus in Philemon), and many others. There is no one beyond God’s ability to save (see Isaiah 50:2). We must respond in faith and receive His free gift of eternal life.

Who can be saved? One thing is for certain—you can, if you receive Jesus Christ as your Savior! Want to know more about God's plan of salvation~~~> What is the plan of salvation / way of salvation?

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Who is Pastor Steven Anderson? did he die on the cross to redeem sinful mankind? NO!!
Does his word trump the Word of God? NO!!
If Pastor Steven Anderson preaches like you say, he is no different than the preachers of times past who preached blacks couldn't be saved and kept their doors closed to blacks. This is part of the reason racism still go on because it's still preached in some pulpits...sadly I heard that kind of preaching when I was a little girl...an it made me despair of life because I'm black.
You see, if you only listen to the preacher an not read/study your bible and pray...you can be lead astray. Sadly, there be preachers who have they own agenda.

We need to stop holding up man higher than God's own Son!
We need to ground ourselves in God's Word not mans!
I can't stress enough the importance of reading the bible for yourself, the importance of agreeing with God's Word, honoring Him and walking humbly with God each day.
The importance of putting on the full armor of God every day--- armor of God study here:
Taking Up The Whole Armor of God > Free Bible Study Guides

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived:
neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

**And that is what some of you were.**
But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

**And that is what some of you were.**
Salvation be available to those who turn to Jesus to be they Lord and Savior.

Being tempted isn't a sin, it becomes sin when you act upon it (whether in thought or deed.)
Even when we fall short, miss the mark, sin... we can repent of sinning...one of the best known prayer of repentance is found here: Psalm 51.

On salvation:
How can I be saved?

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Thanks everyone. I am really encourage into really seeking God.

I thought that most felt this way. But I think I am also going to seek a Bible teaching church as well.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian

No, your not wasting your time. You have to surrender your life to God. Jesus and The Father will forgive you for your sin.

With my standards with my friends or family. Choose one spouse and keep it private. But I'm not saying Hidden.

But God is God. Jesus will save you if you choose to be a Christian and don't have to change your homosexuality. But I don't believe Jesus is gay. He marries the church. I even have asked Him to marry me. And Jesus rejected me.

I do believe a gay person can be saved by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0