United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thanks

I was listening to people who said I couldn't.
God wills that all be saved, so you can be saved. You are not wasting your time. People who say you can't be saved are full of it.

You may have a tendency to same sex attraction. I have all sorts of tendencies and attractions. Some attractions are natural and some are not. My attraction to ice cream is natural but I have to control it. My attraction to women who are not my wife is also somewhat natural but I have to shut that one down. I can't act on most of my attractions without sin. So I struggle, repent, mortify my unruly desires, and align my will to do what is right and avoid even the temptation to do what is wrong. You know that's your job too. It's everyone's job, even if we all have different temptations and attractions

Homosexual acts are immoral and sinful. A mere temptation in that direction is not a sin unless you indulge the temptation and dwell on it. If you have a brief temptation, don't be upset about it but put it aside. For me, I imagine what that person will look like in 100 years. I can pray for their soul, and for mine too, and by that time the urge has passed.

Check out http://www.couragerc.net for some straight teaching on homosexuality. It is Catholic. It is faithfully Catholic. And it will set you at ease about how you can be saved even with such attractions. They even have local chapters where you can get some support.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Hi,

Well, tell me what do you believe about Jesus?

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and is the only way to the Father. I believe Christ came to destroy the works of Satan; and that he was born through the virgin Mary. I believe for the sin of mankind and that on the third he rose from the dead, so that we can have eternal life if we put our trust in him. I believe that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. I believe that Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
You need to abandon your works.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, (9) not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

I will do that.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
I never said I was God! You are not God either. I qualified my post by saying if he believes in Jesus Christ of course he is saved. You only copied one sentence out of context. Very unfair!

Thank you for encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
You know I heard a TRUE story...well a few. This young man no place to go. His friend let him stay with them. One day at the table the friend asks him about Jesus? The gay young man says.. been there done that. The friend said ..no.. if you need someone to laugh with I will be there. If you need someone to cry with I will be there. If you need someone to get mad at hate.. I will be there. If you fall I will not judge you or condemn you. That young gay man is married with tons of kids.

I have more...true stories. You asked about SAVED. So you see this man, this son of man this savior this GOD that you are looking at.. He is looking at you. What you see is a GOD that ..does NOT judge you. He does not condemn you. He said.. ANYONE that is YOU also that comes to HIM He will in no way cast them out.

We say. Jesus I am sorry for my past.. my mistakes... I believe in you.. come into my heart.. be my lord and savior. <----THIS IS REAL! We DONT come to Jesus SINNLESS.. we are all..we were sinners. He died for YOU. Now.. your sin? JESUS IS REAL! You tell Him.. YOU talk to Him.. and ALL THINGS WILL BECOME NEW! You WILL wake up.. be going to school or work... and .. that SIN? That hunger that thing you cant seem to control.. its GONE... no its just GONE! He LOVES YOU! We are all FREE..it is ONLY when we give it up.. truly turn it over to Him...when we cant stop.. where that fire so to speak keeps burning and gets greater.. He puts it out..for good. KNOW that you KNOW that you KNOW HE IS REAL! Right now.. you can simply TALK TO HIM! He DOES HEAR YOU! DONT go by how you feel.. Find what HIS word says and SPEAK IT!

Search the word for HIs promises..and speak them..fear.. NO.. God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Sad.. NO.. the JOY of my lord is my strength. That lust.. tell it to GO! in Jesus name.. and it HAS TO! But 1st.. know that He loves you so much .. run to Him and HE will NEVER EVER EVER EVER let you go..ever. Did I tell you..He will NEVER EVER let you go. And with Him.. those that know Him.. there is NOW no condemnation to them that are IN Christ Jesus.

So..all that to say YES! We all have something. Something of this world we have to die to. For some its not lust. Yet like lust.. that sin has keep them in chains. Making them know they can never leave. But what is the truth? Jesus came to set the captive those in chains FREE! So if the enemy is saying ..you can never leave, this will never go. Well satan can not tell the truth. He lies. So if the enemy is saying .. you will never change.. haha praise GOD! JESUS ALREADY DID IT! I cant say this deep enough..or with tears of joy.. He loves you so much and is SO REAL!

A woman caught in sin.. sex.. no worse no greater a sin then gay. Yet what did this GOD say? Where are those that accuse you? She said they are gone. He said...I do not accuse you either. Go and sin no more. They HAD the right to stone her in that day. But.. Jesus said.. which one of you is with out sin. This WORD cut to the heart. He show'd them their own heart. NO ONE on this planet is with out sin. JESUS, that lamb..for all the worlds sins from Adam to the last man.. took all that sin.. and paid the price. So.. you are free...go and sin no more. Do not ..we do not walk in sin.

But if we fall we confess our sins.. HE is faithful to forgive us of that sin and cleans us from ALL ALL ALL unrighteousness. When you ask JESUS to be your lord.. you are at that moment 100% righteous in GODS eyes! WOW right.. So ask Him in.. and REJOICE For if HE SIAD IT.>HE WILL DO IT! And whom the SON sets free they are free indeed. And it will in JESUS NAME all chance.

Thank you for sharing the story.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I PERSONALLY believe that you ( general) are born that way. Therefore, while I am not God. I believe you CAN be saved.

I disagree with this. Despite a great deal of effort, there has been no gene identified with homosexuality, and some studies have actually ruled it out, using identical twins.

I do believe that homosexuality is a psychological disorder. I think a great deal of it stems from childhood abuse, which doesn't even necessarily have to be physically-sexual in nature to have a severe impact.

I furthermore think it is important for people to understand this, because it can help to promote compassion from within the Christian community, which aligns with Jesus' teachings (compassion).

People with sexual disorders are well, disordered, and it's usually caused by child abuse, which may have been dissociated from, making it even more confusing for the sufferer.

So when someone is struggling not to sin in this sort of regard, I think it is important to remember that temptation often comes from such emotional/psychological wounds, which Satan attempts to take advantage of through deception, i.e. the cultural pushes for, "You're not really hurting and in need of healing, you were just 'born that way'," and all that this implies.

Which gets taken to the next level when people who are painfully dysphoric about their own bodies are encouraged to embrace delusion and have their body parts chopped off, rather than addressing the elephant the room - they were probably abused, because that's what happens to most sexual abuse survivors, they become dysphoric about their bodies and their gender.

So it's a matter of compassion on two fronts. The first being that their temptations towards these types of sin likely stem from child abuse, and the second being that true compassion is encouraging them and supporting them in their healing - not encouraging them to double-down on their internal pain and confusion in order to use them as political pawns.

Even Jesus Himself addressed this issue, Matthew 18:6, "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

In other words, according to Jesus, it would be better if someone were drowned to death, than for them to abuse a child in such a way that would cause the child to grow up with trauma-induced dysfunctions that tempt them towards sins.

Which brings me to the OP: Jesus made it clear that He understands how this works, and what you are going through. Of course He will save you.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.
You can. Be saved... We are all sinners..so if that pastor of yours can be saved and washed clean and preach...you can be saved too..because he is human like you and me.

I also struggle with lust, I am a 25 year old girl...and it's hard to stay celibate when people are in face ruining around having whole relationships in my face and seem so happy. I feel you...just ask god for strength...and if you mess up..don't torture or demonize your self..just get back up and try again.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree with this. Despite a great deal of effort, there has been no gene identified with homosexuality, and some studies have actually ruled it out, using identical twins.

I do believe that homosexuality is a psychological disorder. I think a great deal of it stems from childhood abuse, which doesn't even necessarily have to be physically-sexual in nature to have a severe impact.

I furthermore think it is important for people to understand this, because it can help to promote compassion from within the Christian community, which aligns with Jesus' teachings (compassion).

People with sexual disorders are well, disordered, and it's usually caused by child abuse, which may have been dissociated from, making it even more confusing for the sufferer.

So when someone is struggling not to sin in this sort of regard, I think it is important to remember that temptation often comes from such emotional/psychological wounds, which Satan attempts to take advantage of through deception, i.e. the cultural pushes for, "You're not really hurting and in need of healing, you were just 'born that way'," and all that this implies.

Which gets taken to the next level when people who are painfully dysphoric about their own bodies are encouraged to embrace delusion and have their body parts chopped off, rather than addressing the elephant the room - they were probably abused, because that's what happens to most sexual abuse survivors, they become dysphoric about their bodies and their gender.

So it's a matter of compassion on two fronts. The first being that their temptations towards these types of sin likely stem from child abuse, and the second being that true compassion is encouraging them and supporting them in their healing - not encouraging them to double-down on their internal pain and confusion in order to use them as political pawns.

Even Jesus Himself addressed this issue, Matthew 18:6, "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

In other words, according to Jesus, it would be better if someone were drowned to death, than for them to abuse a child in such a way that would cause the child to grow up with trauma-induced dysfunctions that tempt them towards sins.

Which brings me to the OP: Jesus made it clear that He understands how this works, and what you are going through. Of course He will save you.
What about other sins? Is lying a disorder?( white lies, big lies) what about stealing, fornicating, eating shellfish, coveting, anger, ? These may seem small but in the eyes of god all sins are a disorder to him.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi again IAAN, one of the keys to controlling your "thought-life" (rather than letting it continue to control/plague you) is to empty your mind of the garbage that's in there now by filling it with the word of God instead. So "treasure" His word in your heart and mind and dwell on it throughout the day (Psalm 119:9-11; Romans 12:2; Philippians 4:6-8), always keeping it in the forefront of your mind in every moment and in every decision that you make.

Here are some practical ways to do that:

1) Read the Bible (or listen to it on CD if you prefer) at least once every day, and pray and thank God in response as you go along :)
2) Begin to memorize some Bible verses (this was the most important thing I ever did to finally gain control over my horrible thought-life)
3) Always be in church each Sunday (and in a Bible Study too if your church offers them)
4) Ask others for prayer support
5) Listen to some good teaching throughout the week on the radio/internet. Here are a few of the pastors/theologians that I regularly listen to who have helped me considerably (Dr. Swindoll was the one who promised me that if I memorized God's word it would eventually push all the garbage out of my mind, and I can happily report that it worked far beyond anything I could have imagined or hoped for):

Renewing Your Mind - Dr. R. C. Sproul
Grace to You - Dr. John MacArthur
Insight for Living - Dr. Chuck Swindoll
Yours in Christ,
David
p.s. - if you'd like to begin memorizing some Scripture verses, PM me if you'd like to and I'll tell you how to get started.

2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17 that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved.

Goodness, what on earth would provoke him to believe such a heinous lie?? Sinners are the ones that need to be saved and the very ones whom Jesus died for. I'm antisocial and much rather prefer to be by myself than fellowship with other believers. Can I be saved? That's sinful too.

We have many, many countless sinful inclinations. Christ has covered those sins for us. All our sins, past present and future has been paid for by his sacrifice on the cross. The difference between an unbeliever and a believer is, that the non-believer would look at that as a license to sin. He thinks, "Now that is great--I can do whatever I want now!" While the believer who actually has encountered Jesus Christ in the spirit abhors his sins and wants to change because he loves God and his law. He however is trapped in this prison of flesh which obeys another law and this struggle continues until we meet with our God in heaven.

Please don't listen to false preachers who say things that contradict God's word. Jesus proclaimed he has come to save the lost, not the righteous. He is your Saviour and my Saviour because we were lost sinners once, who now love the Lord Jesus and long to be free from the sin that still dwells in us.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is Pastor Steven Anderson? did he die on the cross to redeem sinful mankind? NO!!
Does his word trump the Word of God? NO!!
If Pastor Steven Anderson preaches like you say, he is no different than the preachers of times past who preached blacks couldn't be saved and kept their doors closed to blacks. This is part of the reason racism still go on because it's still preached in some pulpits...sadly I heard that kind of preaching when I was a little girl...an it made me despair of life because I'm black.
You see, if you only listen to the preacher an not read/study your bible and pray...you can be lead astray. Sadly, there be preachers who have they own agenda.

We need to stop holding up man higher than God's own Son!
We need to ground ourselves in God's Word not mans!
I can't stress enough the importance of reading the bible for yourself, the importance of agreeing with God's Word, honoring Him and walking humbly with God each day.
The importance of putting on the full armor of God every day--- armor of God study here:
Taking Up The Whole Armor of God > Free Bible Study Guides

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived:
neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

**And that is what some of you were.**
But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

**And that is what some of you were.**
Salvation be available to those who turn to Jesus to be they Lord and Savior.

Being tempted isn't a sin, it becomes sin when you act upon it (whether in thought or deed.)
Even when we fall short, miss the mark, sin... we can repent of sinning...one of the best known prayer of repentance is found here: Psalm 51.

On salvation:
How can I be saved?

EXACTLY !!!! Thank Goodness someone said it... Pastors ...some of them aren't right themselves.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
You are not God, do not give someone false assurance that they are saved. You do not know who the elect are.

Please, don't be upset with her. She is only trying to help. I really appreciate everything you said and everything she said.

I really don't believe she was trying to see herself as God. I think what she meant that if I put my faith in Jesus Christ, I am be saved.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Hi again IAAN, one of the keys to controlling your "thought-life" (rather than letting it continue to control you) is to empty your mind of the garbage that's in there now by filling it with the word of God instead. So "treasure" His word in your heart and mind and dwell on it throughout the day (Psalm 119:9-11; Romans 12:2; Philippians 4:6-8), always keeping it in the forefront of your mind in every moment and in every decision that you make.

Here are some practical ways to do that:

1) Read the Bible (or listen to it on CD if you prefer) at least once every day, and pray and thank God in response as you go along :)
2) Begin to memorize some Bible verses (this was the most important thing I ever did to finally gain control over my horrible thought-life)
3) Always be in church each Sunday (and in a Bible Study too if your church offers them)
4) Ask others for prayer support
5) Listen to some good teaching throughout the week on the radio/internet. Here are a few of the pastors/theologians that I regularly listen to who have helped me considerably (Dr. Swindoll was the one who promised me that if I memorized God's word it would eventually push all the garbage out of my mind, and I can happily report that it worked far beyond anything I could have imagined or hoped for):

Renewing Your Mind - Dr. R. C. Sproul
Grace to You - Dr. John MacArthur
Insight for Living - Dr. Chuck Swindoll
Yours in Christ,
David
p.s. - if you'd like to begin memorizing some Scripture verses, just PM me if you'd like and I'll tell you how to get started.

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17 that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work" ~2 Timothy 3

Thank you

The list you provided was helpful.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

This is not the place to debate this or any other issue.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.

If you are attracted to men, but you do not act on it, then I do not believe you are what the bible calls an abomination. In other words, yes, I believe you can be saved if you are not already in fact.

We, as humans, have a gambit of sins that our ohysical body's desire. Theft, sexual imortality, pride, drunkeness, these are things our physical bodies desire, and they always will. It is what Paul talks about when he talks about denying the flesh, which is what we are required to do as Christians.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing by denying the flesh and not acting on it, but also in hating it. If we were condemned every time a sinful act entered our minds no one would ever be saved, it is a part of being human. We just can't give into those desires or dwell on those thoughts.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No you are not wasting time seeking God and He knows your struggle and loves you for not acting on it. Lust you are always going to have. We are human. Stay strong friend. There is a place for Homosexual Christians who believe Jesus is the Son of God and seek Him. I dont care what anyone says.

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, you can be saved. I used to be addicted to inappropriate content for many years. God eventually took the desire for it away and I stopped. If God can do that for me, he can do that for you too. It may take many years of prayer though.

Upvote 0