Can a person actively reject something they don't understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,746,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

Folks, the obvious troll was obvious. Don't egg on the troll, you simply make more work for staff when we need to do a clean up.

Report trolls. Don't engage them.

Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
OK... now what???

66133627.jpg

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Getting back to the original post I find there are three types who react accordingly to concepts they do not understand.

The first type is the individual who has the intellectual curiosity in wanting to learn and understand.
An example here is from many years ago when a 16 year old girl who won a bronze medal in the Physics Junior Olympiad was struggling with a textbook on general relativity I gave her.
I believe she went on to become a physicist and probably knows far more about general relativity than yours truly.

The second type is one who isn’t interested or is honest to admit they do not comprehend the concept.

The third type is populated by narcissists and anti intellectuals.
Their reaction is to dismiss the concept as the work of stupid scientists and they know better.
This sort of individual trolls science forums and populates anti science and pseudoscience sites.
I have had plenty of experience with this type over the years…………..

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So?

Do we define subjects on the basis of their origins?

You fail to either recognize, or do not not understand that for a chirstian and creation (and that does not go for all christians).

This is not just a debate between what you see as evolution and creation (scientist and creation Bible thumpers).

There is a very real factor that plays into this, a spiritual factor.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and our selves your bond servants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You fail to either recognize, or do not not understand that for a chirstian and creation (and that does not go for all christians).

This is not just a debate between what you see as evolution and creation (scientist and creation Bible thumpers).

There is a very real factor that plays into this, a spiritual factor.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and our selves your bond servants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

I still don't understand your point.

I asked if you define subjects based on origins? Because if you do (and want to be consistent) you're going to find a whole lot of things have "pagan" origins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, you denounced the faith of such Christians in most unpleasant terms earlier in this thread.

It usually is.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I still don't understand your point.

Do you define subjects based on origins? Because if you do (and want to be consistent) you're going to find a whole lot of things have "pagan" origins.

That these spiritual battle has very real being that are actively working to blind as many people as they can. By any means they can, false religion, science, pursuit of fame through sports or famous from some famous activity(acting etc,,) the pursuit of money, sexual lust, the feeling of highs from drugs etc.., really any wordily even using the Bible in ways to confuse people, even just plain apathy.

Take science which touches on the area of God and creation. From the Bible can be seen that satan can infiltrate God creation to distort Gods creation. So what you see as science discovering creation and giving the world a view into their origins.

I see as just another distorted attempt to blind as many who have an interest in these areas.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That these spiritual battle has very real being that are actively working to blind as many people as they can. By any means they can, false religion, science, pursuit of fame through sports or famous from some famous activity(acting etc,,) the pursuit of money, sexual lust, the feeling of highs from drugs etc.., really any wordily even using the Bible in ways to confuse people, even just plain apathy.

Take science which touches on the area of God and creation. From the Bible can be seen that satan can infiltrate God creation to distort Gods creation. So what you see as science discovering creation and giving the world a view into their origins.

I see as just another distorted attempt to blind as many who have an interest in these areas.
So it was Satan who made the world look as though it was ancient and that life evolved. Did that happen at the fall?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No, you denounced the faith of such Christians in most unpleasant terms earlier in this thread.

It usually is.

I understand that all people who are christian do not believe as i do, and i will speak out about in areas creation and how a person receives salbation. and possibly other ares too

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I understand that all people who are christian do not believe as i do, and i will speak out about in areas creation and how a person receives salbation. and possibly other ares too
Never mind. I really like your idea that the world was corrupted at The Fall to make it look old and like life evolved. That's quite clever and makes a lot more sense than Flood Geology.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.