Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Doug, are you sure you want God to be the author of ALL things? That would include every sin, sickness, disease, war, false religion, divorce, evil empire, and false god. I myself would rather not attribute any of these things, in any way, to God. I see these things coming from man's freedom of choice between good and evil. Man, through his choice of evil, is the first cause of these things.
I understand what you're saying here. I agree with you that a lot of bad comes from men choosing evil. However, I wouldn't like the idea of men with such power going unchecked. But I take comfort in knowing that the only power that anyone or anything has to do something comes from God and that no action is beyond His control, understanding, or outside of His inevitable goal. All things happen according to God's divine plan even if we cannot fathom or see the potential good that can come out of things like sickness, divorce, or war.

I don't have a problem with God 'planning' for some to attain heaven. However, when man says God 'planned' for some to go to hell, without any recourse, and leaving them to themselves, I begin to have huge problems. Hopefully you can understand why I feel this way.
Of course I understand. No man wants to think his wife, kids, parents, siblings or friends are destined not to be His and go to hell. God foreknew/planned/predestined the fall of mankind and the result of it which is death. The same goes for the redemption of mankind as well by the sacrifice of Christ. Knowing that not all, as you say, will choose to live for Christ is it safe to assume that was part of the plan as well? That some are to demonstrate His mercy while others His righteous judgement? This is why we must reach all that we can with the good news that though we are born sinners we are redeemed in Christ. God uses us to reach His people. We must pray for those we care about

I don't believe God 'planned' for any man to have sin rule and ruin his life. We are told time after time in the Bible for man to forsake, remove, cast away, flee, depart from, and repent of his sin. To me, this is God's will and plan for man. Those who heed these life-giving words from God now have a plan for good, love, faith, and heaven for their lives.
But can God not use this time to develop a person to bring out a unique perspective? My wife and I are vastly different in our upbringing, her growing up in church knowing God since she was 9 and me not knowing God until I was 30. This combination provides great opportunities for ministry within my family and those around us.

God's plan from the beginning is to have man released from the bondage of sin, have man turn to God, and for man to live and enjoy the blessings and triumphs of a righteous life. No luck, no coincidence, and no chance.
God has planned this for most, I agree. Each individual experiencing the Lord in different ways. All bringing their purpose into the whole body, fulfilling His plan. However, He also uses the unbelievers for His purposes as well.

Every man who chooses to live for God will go through trials and temptations. Enduring temptations prove you have overcome and defeated the sin in your life. Failing temptations will not send one to hell, for we all fail at one time or another. However, we are not to live in this defeat and have it overcome us. I can guarantee if we fail, that temptation will come again and again, until we either, give in to it, or finally defeat it, with God's help of course.
I completely agree with you. Thank you for giving me your take on God's plan and I pray also for your growth in understanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you're saying here. I agree with you that a lot of bad comes from men choosing evil. However, I wouldn't like the idea of men with such power going unchecked. But I take comfort in knowing that the only power that anyone or anything has to do something comes from God and that no action is beyond His control, understanding, or outside of His inevitable goal. All things happen according to God's divine plan even if we cannot fathom or see the potential good that can come out of things like sickness, divorce, or war.

I don't think anyone believes evil goes unchecked. What a man sows, he will reap.

And what about the bad that comes from sickness, divorce, or war? I believe good comes from evil. However, bad also comes from evil. My first marriage ended in divorce. It was not good for me nor my two children. My children lost a loving father, and I lost two precious children. Through circumstances I won't mention, I haven't see my children in over 20 years. I missed their growing into young adults; I missed the joy of being a part of their lives. I can't count the tears I've shed. Is this the plan I should accept from God? Or was this due to another person's choices? A very big part of my heart and life has been forever taken from me, and can't be replaced.

Of course I understand. No man wants to think his wife, kids, parents, siblings or friends are destined not to be His and go to hell. God foreknew/planned/predestined the fall of mankind and the result of it which is death. The same goes for the redemption of mankind as well by the sacrifice of Christ. Knowing that not all, as you say, will choose to live for Christ is it safe to assume that was part of the plan as well? That some are to demonstrate His mercy while others His righteous judgement? This is why we must reach all that we can with the good news that though we are born sinners we are redeemed in Christ. God uses us to reach His people. We must pray for those we care about.

With all the pain I've had, some want me to believe this is not the only disappointment I may experience. Some want me to believe my children, not only lost a father, but they may be lost forever by God's predestination. Sorry, there is no comfort whatsoever in this hideous belief.

Why pray for those we love, if God predestined them to hell? If they were predestined to hell, then no amount of prayer will change that.

But can God not use this time to develop a person to bring out a unique perspective? My wife and I are vastly different in our upbringing, her growing up in church knowing God since she was 9 and me not knowing God until I was 30. This combination provides great opportunities for ministry within my family and those around us.

I am glad your marriage has been predestined to work. Some of us aren't as fortunate.

God has planned this for most, I agree. Each individual experiencing the Lord in different ways. All bringing their purpose into the whole body, fulfilling His plan. However, He also uses the unbelievers for His purposes as well.

Does He use unbelievers to bring about His purpose of ruined lives?

I completely agree with you. Thank you for giving me your take on God's plan and I pray also for your growth in understanding.

You're welcome Doug. However, I will never agree with your beliefs. Some come on here and accuse me of so many things, without knowing who I am. One has even questioned my salvation, and called my questions and inquiries silly. However, I don't hold grudges or revenge on anyone. God will lead me to where I need to be.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think anyone believes evil goes unchecked. What a man sows, he will reap.

And what about the bad that comes from sickness, divorce, or war? I believe good comes from evil. However, bad also comes from evil. My first marriage ended in divorce. It was not good for me nor my two children. My children lost a loving father, and I lost two precious children. Through circumstances I won't mention, I haven't see my children in over 20 years. I missed their growing into young adults; I missed the joy of being a part of their lives. I can't count the tears I've shed. Is this the plan I should accept from God? Or was this due to another person's choices? A very big part of my heart and life has been forever taken from me, and can't be replaced.

With all the pain I've had, some want me to believe this is not the only disappointment I may experience. Some want me to believe my children, not only lost a father, but they may be lost forever by God's predestination. Sorry, there is no comfort whatsoever in this hideous belief.

Why pray for those we love, if God predestined them to hell? If they were predestined to hell, then no amount of prayer will change that.

I am glad your marriage has been predestined to work. Some of us aren't as fortunate.

Does He use unbelievers to bring about His purpose of ruined lives?

You're welcome Doug. However, I will never agree with your beliefs. Some come on here and accuse me of so many things, without knowing who I am. One has even questioned my salvation, and called my questions and inquiries silly. However, I don't hold grudges or revenge on anyone. God will lead me to where I need to be.

Matthew 10:37
He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Not worthy of ME, Christ says, Christ is the Word of God and so are the scriptures the word of God to men.
If you love any persons more than Christ your understanding is corrupt concerning the scriptures.
If the scriptures do not agree with you, due to personal hardships, then you do not love Christ more than the things of this world. To be in love with this world is ENMITY with God and Christ and that just makes your life a whole lot more complicated.

Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

Why did Christ say that? Because the cares of this life choke the word and make us unfruitful to God and we if we do not bear good fruit, are cast into the fire of hell.
Also this world and God are enemies, one with the other as is also the flesh lusting against the Holy Spirit, you cannot serve two masters as you will despise them, actually love one and hate the other, you can not love or serve both.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 10:37
He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Not worthy of ME, Christ says, Christ is the Word of God and so are the scriptures the word of God to men.
If you love any persons more than Christ your understanding is corrupt concerning the scriptures.
If the scriptures do not agree with you, due to personal hardships, then you do not love Christ more than the things of this world. To be in love with this world is ENMITY with God and Christ and that just makes your life a whole lot more complicated.

Thank you for your encouragement and compassion sdowney.

I'm wondering about your thoughts on how a person loves Jesus. My thoughts are a person should love God with everything he has within him, and his neighbor as himself. We should love Him by keeping His commandments, which includes the two great commandments. If I love my children, am I not loving Him by keeping His commandments.

Please tell me what it means to love my children more than Him. Would I not look to my children for salvation? Would I not pray to my children for help and strength? Would I not obey the things my children told me? Would I not argue that YOU should look to my children alone as giving you life? Would I not tell you to continually keep your thoughts on my children?

Please tell me how one loves their children more than God?

Am I to deny the faith and become worse than an infidel?

Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

Why did Christ say that? Because the cares of this life choke the word and make us unfruitful to God and we if we do not bear good fruit, are cast into the fire of hell.
Also this world and God are enemies, one with the other as is also the flesh lusting against the Holy Spirit, you cannot serve two masters as you will despise them both

I'll flat out ask, do you hate your father, mother, wife and children? Please be honest.

Do you think maybe the cares of this life is illustrated in the story of Mary and Martha? What was the good part Mary chose?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for your encouragement and compassion sdowney.

I'm wondering about your thoughts on how a person loves Jesus. My thoughts are a person should love God with everything he has within him, and his neighbor as himself. We should love Him by keeping His commandments, which includes the two great commandments. If I love my children, am I not loving Him by keeping His commandments.

Please tell me what it means to love my children more than Him. Would I not look to my children for salvation? Would I not pray to my children for help and strength? Would I not obey the things my children told me? Would I not argue that YOU should look to my children alone as giving you life? Would I not tell you to continually keep your thoughts on my children?

Am I to deny the faith and become worse than an infidel?

I'll flat out ask, do you hate your father, mother, wife and children? Please be honest.

Do you think maybe the cares of this life is illustrated in the story of Mary and Martha? What was the good part Mary chose?
As usual, you completely question Christ's own words on this particular topic.
I certainly have no answers for you, except to conform your mind to align with scripture, that would include to repent of your unbelief in Christ. There are many little antichrists running to and fro, all of various odd and strange opinions. they set themselves up like little pontificating Christs. Christ warned us about false Christs who would deceive many people.

I beleive you also consider Paul a false apostle?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
A little about hate that Christ teaches on
John 12:25

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Luke 14:26New King James Version (NKJV)

26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

John 15:19
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

About these first 2 verses, consider the parable of sower of the seed.
The first three types of persons are not saved as they bear no good fruit to God.
The last one is saved as they bear good fruit and many fold.
Good fruit is not good works. Good fruit is what comes out from the good heart of those who are born of God.
As Matthew 12 teaches they bring good treasure out of good hearts. A good tree can not bear bad fruit, and a bad tree can not bear good fruit, for a tree is known by its fruit. Fruit is what is spoken, for a man speaks from the heart. Good fruit is also the characteristics of the fruits of the Spirit, these are not your works, but HIS works. What He has accomplished on the inside of you is expressed outwardly, indeed it can not be hidden, being as a light on the hill shining forth for all to see.

Those who love the things of this world, they are ensnared with the cares of this life, they do not bear good fruit to God.
That includes family and the awful woes and bitterness and troubles that can cause.
That is why Christ says to hate your life in this world, to hate your family members, if they are not believers, their goal is to cause you grief, torment you and separate your from God. They if not saved persons are the tares planted by Satan in God's field. That is why you are to hate those who are in opposition to Christ. They will be a snare to you, just as the nations were a snare to Israel in conquering the promised land. and you are to hate your own life in this world, as if you love your life in this world you will lose your life in the age to come. This is of course not a hatred of emotional rage that leads to physical violence, since we are also commanded to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us. It is simply to keep your priorities centered on Christ and scripture and not the cares of this world. His promise was that if you seek His righteousness then God will take care of everything else.

The Parable of the Sower Explained
v18 , a lost person

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.

v20 a lost person, notice they are not rooted inside, so no Christ as their foundation

20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.

v22 , a lost person, they are unfruitful, they bear no fruit to God due to the world is their life, The world is their life and the cares of the world and the pride of life.
1 John 2:16, For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

v23, the only saved person, one who bears fruit to God. This seed fell onto good ground, the good ground is a regenerated God prepared heart. All the other grounds were bad ground, good seed can only grow in the good ground, not bad ground.

23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

Matthew 12 describes what is GOOD FRUIT and what is evil fruit.

A Tree Known by Its Fruit
33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matthew 7 describes that good trees will never and CAN NOT bear bad fruit. Bad trees CAN NOT bear good fruit.

Fruits are not works. If your not bearing good fruit, then into the fire of hell you will go.
People not bearing good fruit are never saved people, they have no praise in their mouths to Christ.
The fruitless fig tree was cursed by Christ and it died.
They say evil things about the scriptures, God and Christ. Jesus said by your words you will be either justified or condemned, fruits are in this context your words. Your words are spoken from the heart. If your heart is evil, so then will your words be evil. But if your born of God, so then will your words be good spoken aright according to the scriptures you will be speaking and living your life abiding in Christ.

You will not be choked by the cares of this world, you will overcome the world by your faith if you abide in Christ.

Matthew 7
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I've always thought this meant that we can't esteem our parents, spouse, children, etc. over God. If a spouse, for example, were to tell you that you should stop going to church because he/she has decided Christianity is no longer for him/her, then you have to decide who you are going to listen to and honor. Will you honor your spouse's wish to no longer follow Christ, or will you love God more by continuing to follow Him? The answer indicates who you love and who you "hate".

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

About these first 2 verses, consider the parable of sower of the seed.
The first three types of persons are not saved as they bear no good fruit to God.
The last one is saved as they bear good fruit and many fold.
Good fruit is not good works. Good fruit is what comes out from the good heart of those who are born of God.
As Matthew 12 teaches they bring good treasure out of good hearts. A good tree can not bear bad fruit, and a bad tree can not bear good fruit, for a tree is known by its fruit. Fruit is what is spoken, for a man speaks from the heart. Good fruit is also the characteristics of the fruits of the Spirit, these are not your works, but HIS works. What He has accomplished on the inside of you is expressed outwardly, indeed it can not be hidden, being as a light on the hill shining forth for all to see.

Those who love the things of this world, they are ensnared with the cares of this life, they do not bear good fruit to God.
That includes family and the awful woes and bitterness and troubles that can cause.
That is why Christ says to hate your life in this world, to hate your family members, if they are not believers, their goal is to cause you grief, torment you and separate your from God. They if not saved persons are the tares planted by Satan in God's field. That is why you are to hate those who are in opposition to Christ. They will be a snare to you, just as the nations were a snare to Israel in conquering the promised land. and you are to hate your own life in this world, as if you love your life in this world you will lose your life in the age to come. This is of course not a hatred of emotional rage that leads to physical violence, since we are also commanded to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us. It is simply to keep your priorities centered on Christ and scripture and not the cares of this world. His promise was that if you seek His righteousness then God will take care of everything else.

The Parable of the Sower Explained
v18 , a lost person

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.

v20 a lost person, notice they are not rooted inside, so no Christ as their foundation

20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.

v22 , a lost person, they are unfruitful, they bear no fruit to God due to the world is their life, The world is their life and the cares of the world and the pride of life.
1 John 2:16, For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

v23, the only saved person, one who bears fruit to God. This seed fell onto good ground, the good ground is a regenerated God prepared heart. All the other grounds were bad ground, good seed can only grow in the good ground, not bad ground.

23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

Matthew 12 describes what is GOOD FRUIT and what is evil fruit.

A Tree Known by Its Fruit
33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matthew 7 describes that good trees will never and CAN NOT bear bad fruit. Bad trees CAN NOT bear good fruit.

Fruits are not works. If your not bearing good fruit, then into the fire of hell you will go.
People not bearing good fruit are never saved people, they have no praise in their mouths to Christ.
The fruitless fig tree was cursed by Christ and it died.
They say evil things about the scriptures, God and Christ. Jesus said by your words you will be either justified or condemned, fruits are in this context your words. Your words are spoken from the heart. If your heart is evil, so then will your words be evil. But if your born of God, so then will your words be good spoken aright according to the scriptures you will be speaking and living your life abiding in Christ.

You will not be choked by the cares of this world, you will overcome the world by your faith if you abide in Christ.

Matthew 7
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Never realized there was so much hating going on with Christ and that is what God expects from us.

Did Jesus get the two most important commandments wrong?

How do you manage all this hate in leui of the commandments? I thought vengeance was the Lord's?

You guys are confusing. Your theology is polar opposites. Who is Christ?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Never realized there was so much hating going on with Christ and that is what God expects from us.

How do you manage all this hate in leui of the commandments? I thought vengeance was the Lord's?

In the bible, "hate" refers to valuing one thing over another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've always thought this meant that we can't esteem our parents, spouse, children, etc. over God. If a spouse, for example, were to tell you that you should stop going to church because he/she has decided Christianity is no longer for him/her, then you have to decide who you are going to listen to and honor. Will you honor your spouse's wish to no longer follow Christ, or will you love God more by continuing to follow Him? The answer indicates who you love and who you "hate".

Aldebaran, I don't have a problem with your explanation. It's very close to what I believe. Others seem to think you can't love others and love God and put Him first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As usual, you completely question Christ's own words on this particular topic.
I certainly have no answers for you, except to conform your mind to align with scripture, that would include to repent of your unbelief in Christ. There are many little antichrists running to and fro, all of various odd and strange opinions. they set themselves up like little pontificating Christs. Christ warned us about false Christs who would deceive many people.

I beleive you also consider Paul a false apostle?

So, am I foreordained to hell? Have you examined all sides and consider me an antichrist?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I asked you earlier and got no response.

DO YOU HATE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER sdowney?
DO YOU HATE YOUR CHILDREN?
DO YOU HATE THOSE YOU CONSIDER TO BE AN ANTICHRIST?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It seems they are perfectly following a God who loves some and hates some.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aldebaran, I don't have a problem with your explanation. It's very close to what I believe. Others seem to think you can't love others and love God and put Him first.

I'm not sure where they get that from. He tells us to love one another as Christ loves the church.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

This is misleading. This is Christ talking saying that carnal desires vs. spiritual. We are to be in the world, but not of the world.
John 12:24-26
24 Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if dies, it bears much fruit. 25Whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
A man's enemies will be those of his own household.
Christ does not bring peace, but a SWORD!

Matthew 10
Christ Brings Division
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Problem is people do not believe what Christ has said, and the 'hate' scriptures are a perfect example, they rip these words from the text as they do in other scriptures about our calling, called, chosen foreknowledge, predestined, or anything else to do with sound doctrines of Christ who inspired all the scriptures. And when someone tells them the truth, they do stop up their ears calling it evil. How about it, do you think Christ comes to make peace with those of the world, in your own household! No way, a sword means there will be a battle and a war, hatred and division as the one is set upon the other by the word of the Lord. And this is not passive, it is active, what fellowship does light have with darkness, or demons with those of God's kingdom. there is nothing but antagonism ahead even inside the family.

People who call the darkness light and the light darkness, woe to them.

Isaiah 5
20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.