Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just have the one but its fairly large, back right shoulder, its peacock feathers, thistles and a monarch butterfly with a line of gaelic underneath it. took about 5 hours but I love it :D
You uploaded a fine photo of it on the other thread some weeks ago!

So is it still as colourful?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It does!!! I love Pilgrims Progress...I've been putting Bepanthen on it - its early days yet on the healing...yeah I've got a dove on my back with the olive leaf in it's mouth and also a cross on my neck :0)
I love The Pilgrim's Progess, too! :)

These lines are so memorable:

"Thus far did I come laden with my sin;
Nor could aught ease the grief that I was in
Till I came hither: What a place is this!
Must here be the beginning of my bliss?
Must here the Burden fall from off my back?
Must here the strings that bound it to me crack?
Blest Cross! blest Sepulchre! blest rather be
The Man that there was put to shame for me."

Anyway, so it sounds like maybe you're not done getting inked yet!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I prayed and thought about it for years.. I plan on getting a couple of more still. .. My tattoo glorifies Him and gives me chance to witness.

I prayed about mine alot, and the conclusion that was given to me was that my tattoo was designed to bring glory to God in a way that not only is it an outward statement of faith, but a great conversation starter and therefore evangelical tool. I have cross with a bible verse between my shoulder blades. And I havn't regretted it.
Yes, although years ago it used to be a man thing for sailors and bikers, yet today so many Christian men and women from all walks of life do it as a well thought out expression of their adulthood and identity as Christians, without regrets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a random question....Does anyone think the Mark of the Beast could be as simple as a very specific tattoo? (obviously I'm not talking about ANY tattoo here).

PS Here are some things to ponder from your brother in Christ before getting a tattoo...

1) Any doubt of a tattoo's spirituality "legality" could easily give Satan an open window to tempt you with ongoing self-condemnation.

2) In many 3rd world countries, tattoos are still associated with gangs and witchcraft. I know several people who went on missions with tattoos and they drew dangerous attention, and had to cover them up during their entire trip because the locals thought they were satanic or in gangs.

3) I've personally met 2 people who were only expected to live 2 years or less because of blood diseases they acquired from the tattooing needles (not illegal drugs or sex). I man had a son and wanted our church to care for him after he died. It was terribly gut wrenching. Another women I met was vomiting in a laundry mat from the infection she had. Her skin was infected and she was moaning in pain when I met her. She's the main reason I'm posting here, right now. I never want to see another person in her situation, especially my brothers or sisters in Christ Jesus.

4) Do you think God has a personal preference when He looks at your skin? Do you think God enjoys you and your skin more with ink or natural? Do you think He prefers the walls of His temple having inked images, or how He created them? (I honestly don't know the answer.... I've never asked God that question, but it's something to think about if you like to make God happy :)

5) Could you suffer unnecessary judgment by other people, especially in the workplace, just for having a tattoo? I personally know of managers who will choose a non-tattooed person OVER a tattooed person if all else about the candidates were 100% equal. I'm not saying that's right or fair, but it's reality, at least presently.

6) Have you seen a live video of tattoo removal? Many people I know with tattoos now want them removed. The only method I know of presently is laser removal, which I've heard is 10x as painful and leaves scars from the burning. I suggest research of removal and watching such videos BEFORE you get a tattoo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just a random question....Does anyone think the Mark of the Beast could be as simple as a very specific tattoo? (obviously I'm not talking about ANY tattoo here).

PS Here are some things to ponder from your brother in Christ before getting a tattoo...

1) Any doubt of a tattoo's spirituality "legality" could easily give Satan an open window to tempt you with ongoing self-condemnation.

2) In many 3rd world countries, tattoos are still associated with gangs and witchcraft. I know several people who went on missions with tattoos and they drew dangerous attention, and had to cover them up during their entire trip because the locals thought they were satanic or in gangs.

3) I've personally met 2 people who were only expected to live 2 years or less because of blood diseases they acquired from the tattooing needles (not illegal drugs or sex). I man had a son and wanted our church to care for him after he died. It was terribly gut wrenching. Another women I met was vomiting in a laundry mat from the infection she had. Her skin was infected and she was moaning in pain when I met her. She's the main reason I'm posting here, right now. I never want to see another person in her situation, especially my brothers or sisters in Christ Jesus.

4) Do you think God has a personal preference when He looks at your skin? Do you think God enjoys you and your skin more with ink or natural? Do you think He prefers the walls of His temple having inked images, or how He created them? (I honestly don't know the answer.... I've never asked God that question, but it's something to think about if you like to make God happy :)

5) Could you suffer unnecessary judgment by other people, especially in the workplace, just for having a tattoo? I personally know of managers who will choose a non-tattooed person OVER a tattooed person if all else about the candidates were 100% equal. I'm not saying that's right or fair, but it's reality, at least presently.

6) Have you seen a live video of tattoo removal? Many people I know with tattoos now want them removed. The only method I know of presently is laser removal, which I've heard is 10x as painful and leaves scars from the burning. I suggest research of removal and watching such videos BEFORE you get a tattoo.
Various points there considering.

Ink issues are certainly relevant. As is hygiene.

A lot of Christians do have faith based tattoo designs that are proven effective in witness.

Actually, inks used in tattooing have improved greatly in recent years; I saw a video about this which I may try to dig up.

Usually in North America parlors actively invite inspection and regulation by local authorities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

PS: Here it is:

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged

There are lots of good statements here about not getting tattoos but I feel that they are a very good witness...I'm a Vicar and the amount of people who ask me about them and what they mean is such a good opener to a conversation about faith and the love of God.

Only adults can (and it should only be so) get tattoo'd (in the western world anyway) and whereas I wouldn't advocate getting a pointless tattoo I do feel that having a Christian tattoo glorifies God rather than brings his message down.
My partner has had tattoo removal which is very painful and he felt that he should do that when he became a Christian (again to respect God) but I wouldn't expect him to do that to all his tattoos simply because he is called as a Christian and his witness is important to those people on the edges of society.

I really believe that whoever gets a tattoo should be careful and thoughtful - I certainly don't think the door to Satan is opened- its usually other thoughts and activities that do that.

But in essence- I do take on board what you say regarding being careful - esp in the workplace.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only adults can (and it should only be so) get tattoo'd (in the western world anyway) and whereas I wouldn't advocate getting a pointless tattoo I do feel that having a Christian tattoo glorifies God rather than brings his message down.
18 is the time to do it, for so many; it's become like a rite of passage: because 18 is so often the age, there is often plenty of time to think about it as the date approaches on the horizon.

• Agree
Reactions: alexier
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have four tattoos, but not a Christian one. I've been thinking about getting a verse on my arm or something, not sure what yet. I like Romans 3:23 as one.
Hi; you wrote this a while back on this thread, but more and more Christians are seeing faith based tattoos as a good way to witness and are having the confidence to have it done; I saw this quote, FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't have any doubts about the 'legality' of the tattoos I have. I am not superstitiously marking myself as was the case in the Hebrew bible. If, for some reason, I came to believe that I did sin, I would ask God's forgiveness and stop getting tattooed. Feeling self-condemnation would not help me or anyone else.
Me too. But that's most likely because he did his own tattoo with unsterilized needles. My tattoo artist uses disposable needles.
I don't know. Interesting question. He went through so much bother to make things like birds and butterflies so ornate. I don't think God minds if we decorate ourselves. The tabernacle, and later the temple, were very decorated, so perhaps God likes to see how we will creatively use our resources to beautify things?
Lol, I am used to being thought of as weird. I don't mind what others think of me so long as I am being a good Christian ambassador.
Tattoo removal is expensive, painful and not extremely effective. So yes, thoughtful consideration beforehand is a MUST. For inappropriate tattoos, blast overs are the best option.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any doubts about the 'legality' of the tattoos I have.
I think you like to do it boldly and deliberately, don't you? once you've decided on a well planned design. Young people can sometimes feel shy about their first one, but they can learn to do it confidently if it's well planned; and often Christians choose faith based designs.

My wife and I talked to a quite shy seeming young lady with the whole of John 3.16 inked on her wrist area; yet she had evidently found the confidence to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my case, I think it's just bloody-mindedness.
You enjoy receiving ink, and this is what you call it!

Would you also call it by the same name in the cases of other family members?

I guess 'confidence' sounds good, anyway...

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Various ones of them are also tattooed, and this is what they call it?
The only other relative in my family with tattoos is the relative I told you about, and yes, she's as tenacious as I am.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only other relative in my family with tattoos is the relative I told you about, and yes, she's as tenacious as I am.
So you really would attribute to her also the term which you applied to yourself, as the motivation that she had to do it? (rather than simply a desire to do it confidently).

(Or maybe we are talking a bit at cross purposes, anyway. :) )

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0