United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I plan on getting quite a few. I want an icthus with tribal styling on my right calf, and a tribally/celtic cross on my left calf. Then I want the words "KINGDOM MINDED"(in tribal) written across my neck in a curve so that it sits right under a shirt collar. I also want "YHWH" written in block letters across my shoulder blades. Then I want to get "Passionate" and "Warrior" written under my forearms, so when I spread mya rms out, you can read it as Passionate Warrior. That's all I have for now, but I definitely want more. I'm thinking a big one like Jake Luhrs' tattoo.

Upvote 0

EPalinn

May 5, 2013
Ireland
✟7,626.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I myself got 2 tattoos, both Christian. My first was a "Paddy's clover" symbolizes the Holy Trinity, that st Patrick used a 3 leafed clover to explain to the Celts in Ireland.
My second tattoo is my favorite bible verse Matt 16:26.

Personally I think it's a great gift to yourself, physically as well as spiritual.
To me it's just another way of praising the Lord.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

PastorTeacher

Nov 3, 2012
Bluffton, Indiana
✟15,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have several tattoo's and plan on more. I recently (as of last month) began learning how to give tattoos from my brother who has been doing tattoos for 14 years. I recently put this on my leg a few weeks ago.

6zbzf6.jpg

Upvote 0

HaigCraylett

L.O.V.E
Jul 4, 2012
Norfolk
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have two and am awaiting my third one. A kingfisher with my son's name, popeye (which is a replica of my father's tattoo after he died in April and the one I am going to have next is a humming bird with my wife's name.

I had my humming bird, plus two others. A dreamcatcher with MUM webbed into it and a family tree.

The next one I have will reflect my faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Rev55

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,819.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have a cross on my right upper arm with a banner across it with Psalms 23:4, and on my left upper arm i have a Phoenix. The phoenix symbolizes Jesus and how he like the phoenix he rose from Death. these two remind me that no matter what Jesus can get me through it. I would like to get more but my wife says no.

Upvote 0

xDirtx

Feb 19, 2011
Ireland
✟15,150.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I have 15 tattoos altogether, though 6 you can't see everyday. I have my chest piece that is put together in remembrance to my grandfather. My other tattoos have meanings to me that are extremely personal and significant in my life.
I do plan to get more in the future but I have too many ideas and designs flowing around in my head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I personally think anyone could use any bible verse to back up certain aspects they don't agree with, it also says in Lev not to wear mixed fibres but I bet we all do! Doing that see verse such and such thing, never works IMHO

I actually think that having tatts has enabled me to speak to people I wouldn't normally speak to and therefore use what I call 'soft evangelism' - speaking the word in actions and in conversations

I can understand people who don't want them or don't think they are right but I have found they are a great conversation starter and also a great way of opening up about the Gospel (as well as being amazing pieces of art!)
:0)

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We must remember though that as born again Christians (Gentiles) we no longer are bound by the old Covenant. Our one and only commandment, which makes complete sense is "Love one another". If everyone did this, we wouldn't have the problems we have these days.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
I so agree with you there! Also we should stop judging others because of what they do. As Jesus says in Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm looking into my next piece. There's an artist I really want to get a piece from. I'm thinking it will be close to a half sleeve...

I'm looking into having Sarah Miller do my next one. Ever since I saw this:
miller1.jpg

There isn't a drop of white in that tat!

Upvote 0

jaapottery

~Graphed in the vine~
Aug 19, 2012
Wester Drumlins
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm looking into having Sarah Miller do my next one. Ever since I saw this:
miller1.jpg

There isn't a drop of white in that tat!

That's fantastic! What talent so many artists have.

Upvote 0

wmc1982

Aka "Will" :)
Jul 28, 2006
NC, United States
✟16,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a Celtic Trinity knot on my calf, then on my other ankle an autism puzzle piece one. Then "Veritas" (Truth) is on the side of my left foot. I had a friend who did them. I've done two myself; one on another guy, then for fun one day I did a "pi" symbol on my leg :p Wasn't hard at all; same as drawing with an ink pen to me once you print out the design on that special paper that leaves the outline.

I know I'm set free from the law but at the same time I love the law and delight in it (Psalms) so much of the Law I think is good for us. As for tattoos I don't see that as defacing God's Temple as long as it goes to God's glory as everything we do should be; eat, sleep, breath, talk; anything to His Glory. So for me it's more about what your tattoo is standing for and would God be pleased with it. The Trinity one and Veritas were done in that right thinking I believe. The Autism one was to remind me of helping others with Autism since I have a higher functioning version of it and I believe God wants me to minister to Christians with Autism since I've found such little help online when I first realized that was why my life was so different and lonely; feeling like I'm not living like I should according to His Word but I look at the prophets (not that I'm like that), and how they were different so not everyone is the same "ideal/perfect" Christian.

Oh and I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Christian type tattoos can open up Christian discussions. And when I was struggling, I met with a young pastor around 26 who was just starting to preach and He has a lot of verses tattooed and it helped me feel like he wasn't going to judge me. God works in mysterious ways and opens doors where we don't expect all the time. So they can be an evangelical tool imho.

I kid :p but they might of thought different if someone put graffiti up on the OT Temples!

(sorry for the long typing, it's something I'm trying to work on, I'm also bi-polar and my meds haven't been working the past month and I'm really a mess and have no idea what to do but keep sermons playing and reading devotionals. I've never been this bad in my mind before. Scripture comforts me and I get very emotional; then it goes away and I will feel very irritated and upset and I don't know why.

Last edited:
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a Celtic Trinity knot on my calf, then on my other ankle an autism puzzle piece one. Then "Veritas" (Truth) is on the side of my left foot. I had a friend who did them. I've done two myself; one on another guy, then for fun one day I did a "pi" symbol on my leg :p Wasn't hard at all; same as drawing with an ink pen to me once you print out the design on that special paper that leaves the outline.

I know I'm set free from the law but at the same time I love the law and delight in it (Psalms) so much of the Law I think is good for us. As for tattoos I don't see that as defacing God's Temple as long as it goes to God's glory as everything we do should be; eat, sleep, breath, talk; anything to His Glory. So for me it's more about what your tattoo is standing for and would God be pleased with it. The Trinity one and Veritas were done in that right thinking I believe. The Autism one was to remind me of helping others with Autism since I have a higher functioning version of it and I believe God wants me to minister to Christians with Autism since I've found such little help online when I first realized that was why my life was so different and lonely; feeling like I'm not living like I should according to His Word but I look at the prophets (not that I'm like that), and how they were different so not everyone is the same "ideal/perfect" Christian.

Oh and I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Christian type tattoos can open up Christian discussions. And when I was struggling, I met with a young pastor around 26 who was just starting to preach and He has a lot of verses tattooed and it helped me feel like he wasn't going to judge me. God works in mysterious ways and opens doors where we don't expect all the time. So they can be an evangelical tool imho.

I kid :p but they might of thought different if someone put graffiti up on the OT Temples!

(sorry for the long typing, it's something I'm trying to work on, I'm also bi-polar and my meds haven't been working the past month and I'm really a mess and have no idea what to do but keep sermons playing and reading devotionals. I've never been this bad in my mind before. Scripture comforts me and I get very emotional; then it goes away and I will feel very irritated and upset and I don't know why.

wmc1982:

Hi there; we just need to keep prayerfully feeding on the Word; whether it happens quickly or more slowly, the important thing is for it to happen at all at our own rate, I guess.

Yes, many Christians find that faith based ink is an effective conversation-starter in witness.

Blessings.

Reactions: Echolipse
Upvote 0