Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For inappropriate tattoos, blast overs are the best option.
It's amazing what a good artist can do sometimes with an inappropriate design. Not least with wording; for example, a tattoo of a non-Christian bf's name such as 'Bill' might motivate a Christian woman to arrange with the artist to change it to 'Bible', etc., and sometimes you'd never know what was there before. You've probably known friends who have had their tattoos changed in some way?

• Agree
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You've probably known friends who have had their tattoos changed in some way?
Only my tattoo artists. And I think that's just more because they want a change and there is no space on their bodies for more tattoos, rather than regret. Everyone at this salon has facial tattoos. I won't ever do that.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only my tattoo artists. And I think that's just more because they want a change and there is no space on their bodies for more tattoos, rather than regret. Everyone at this salon has facial tattoos. I won't ever do that.
I guess that they would see it partly as contributing to an adventurous, fun atmosphere in the parlor. Some first time parlor users might find the atmosphere a bit strange around artists with so many tattoos including facial (and probably a few piercings also), but in time some clients might come round to finding it stimulating. As regards facial ink, if some people are accustomed for example to regularly wearing mascara pointed eyelid style, they might eventually see some aesthetic reason for, e.g., a bit of tribal style lines around the eyebrow, or whatever. Behind the ear is popular also, but you probably wouldn't include behind the ear as facial ink.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
not yet, but I have drawn a faith based portrait that im not done shading.
Praying hands design, maybe? :) or perhaps some other?

The Christian fish <>< symbol - e.g., on a wrist - is quite popular for faith tattoo designs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess for you keeping them coverable - some of the time - is important!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes, 100 for the hour
Sounds like s/he is good enough for you to want to keep going back for ink.

For some ppl it's a coming of age thing at around 18; for others the experience is such that they want to go back for more ink, periodically.

Upvote 0

t-wings

Dec 26, 2017
DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like s/he is good enough for you to want to keep going back for ink.

For some ppl it's a coming of age thing at around 18; for others the experience is such that they want to go back for more ink, periodically.

yes he's pretty good

I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes he's pretty good

I agree.
People usually start off with earrings - whether they permanently wear them or not - and then at around 18 do the ink: whether as a one off or else - like you - keep going back.

• Agree
Reactions: t-wings
Upvote 0

t-wings

Dec 26, 2017
DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People usually start off with earrings - whether they permanently wear them or not - and then at around 18 do the ink: whether as a one off or else - like you - keep going back.

I had 5 earrings, now 3 lol

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes, took them out
It used to be that guys started getting single earrings put in at about the time when their sisters - and their moms - started getting doubles put in.

It used to be also that getting tattoos was a man thing; but now in North America apparently 59%-70% or more of parlor clients are female.

Every family is different, though. (And maybe you yourself follow your own trend!)

• Agree
Reactions: t-wings
Upvote 0