DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It used to be that guys started getting single earrings put in at about the time when their sisters - and their moms - started getting doubles put in.

It used to be also that getting tattoos was a man thing; but now in North America apparently 59%-70% or more of parlor clients are female.

Every family is different, though. (And maybe you yourself follow your own trend!)

yes, im pretty much the only guy in my family with both.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
maybe about the same, I was with her when she got hers first done, I wasn't of legal age to get one at the time
Oh okay, so she's an older sister then. Sounds like you both are into ink, giving each other a bit of moral support when you've had it done; and seems like she also wasn't content with getting just one, either.

• Agree
Reactions: t-wings
Upvote 0

t-wings

Dec 26, 2017
DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh okay, so she's an older sister then. Sounds like you both are into ink, giving each other a bit of moral support when you've had it done; and seems like she also wasn't content with getting just one, either.

yes

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was with her when she got hers first done
PS: To think that years ago it used to be overwhelmingly a man thing to get ink. (Military; bikers.)

Although Winston Churchill's mother had a tattoo, apparently.

Now it really is a woman thing to do also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamjewest85

Jan 31, 2018
Daytona Beach
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Everyone! my name’s Judith! Has anyone thought of trying with fake tattoos before deciding to make them permanent? Especially those who take art and expression really seriously? Or even if it’s just your hobby, I guess for me I take skin-art as a form of signature and ownership of your creation. I would love to hear your ideas about fake tattoos. I’m a designer from the Momentary Ink - Realistic, Custom Temporary Tattoos they offer a variety of fake tattoos (you can even create the design yourself) which you can customize and test-drive before deciding to make it permanent. It’s perfect if you’re not sure whether it would look great or not! Come and visit their website now!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Everyone! my name’s Judith! Has anyone thought of trying with fake tattoos before deciding to make them permanent? Especially those who take art and expression really seriously? Or even if it’s just your hobby, I guess for me I take skin-art as a form of signature and ownership of your creation. I would love to hear your ideas about fake tattoos. I’m a designer from the Momentary Ink - Realistic, Custom Temporary Tattoos they offer a variety of fake tattoos (you can even create the design yourself) which you can customize and test-drive before deciding to make it permanent. It’s perfect if you’re not sure whether it would look great or not! Come and visit their website now!
Hi, so do you yourself also have real tattoos?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyone at this salon has facial tattoos. I won't ever do that.
PS:

Seems like the behind the ear placement is getting popular; I guess it's sort of facial though not completely, partly hidden by the earlobe and/or the hair. But for some ppl, even the behind the ear placement would be too much for them, I guess?

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Someone I know was considering a tattoo like that.
Really?

So did s/he eventually decide against it, or maybe s/he is still considering it?

Some ppl do think this kind of simple, unobtrusive small tattoo is quite nice:

Related images:
upload_2018-2-24_0-5-16.jpegaskideas dot com

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that's just more because they want a change and there is no space on their bodies for more tattoos, rather than regret.
PS: You're right about some cover-ups being more about a desire for something new rather than necessarily being driven by regret for the previous one.

I guess that this is likely to become a lot more prevalent, especially since people often start their ink journey at 18; and if years later they eventually change what they have it may as much be because they simply want to move on to something different, I suppose.

Upvote 0