Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably matters for small towns on the border who don't have that population. Just guessing here.

It probably doesn't matter that much. 10k is a mid-sized outdoor summer festival or the daily attendance at a smaller county fair. It shouldn't be hard to set up the infrastructure needed to transport and house them, even if it's somewhere else away from where they cross the border.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
What I'm seeing is a two year window of opportunity closing and a Democrat controlled Congress looming on the horizon. At one point there was a deal on the table to keep the DACA dreamers in exchange for 10 billion to fund the wall and Trump blew it up over Brietbart calling him amnesty Don. He never came through on this great health care we were supposed to have. If he doesn't have money for the wall now it get harder in January.
it wasn't him - he did his best to push the politicians to get it done - but they all wanted to play around making soundbites instead

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Since when does being on the front lines make one an expert on high level strategy? Should we now replace generals with corporals?
high level strategy to build a wall? - i don't think so

more like competent engineers contractors workmen -

ivory tower experts probably have only ever written reports for hundreds of thousands of dollars - wasting taxpayer money and getting nothing done

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm now starting to find it SUPER cute that people will "feel safe" when a wall goes up.
Really? GUNS are supposed to make you feel and be safe. How many more protective measures do y'all need to "feel safe"? Might I be so bold as to posit that some of you will never, ever, ever feel safe and that maybe you need to accept that death may happen.
I have a feeling that locking up or deporting all the "non-patriots" will make a lot of them feel much safer.
That or you can do things to make your communities and societies welcoming, inclusive places. To be clear I'm NOT saying that the far left is doing this either. I'd wager it's the vast number of people inhabiting the middle of the political spectrum who see the intrinsic and logical value of having inclusive places where people can coexist and interact.
Their shtick is excluding.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good time to remind everyone of liberal arts student Jenny.
i missed that - what was that about?
Rules for Radicals - Ridicule. This is good because he gets to sneer at 1)young, 2) women 3) college-educated in a non-STEM or business therefore useless degree, 4) elite and "liberal"!!! arts. Hits all the points, eh?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Rules for Radicals - Ridicule. This is good because he gets to sneer at 1)young, 2) women 3) college-educated in a non-STEM or business therefore useless degree, 4) elite and "liberal"!!! arts. Hits all the points, eh?
don't know what you are talking about - what you said sounds more confusing -

maybe i'll wait for the person who said it to explain it -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
high level strategy to build a wall? - i don't think so

more like competent engineers contractors workmen -

The strategy is not in constructing the wall. The strategy is in creating effective deterrents to illegal immigration. Can a wall be effective at all? If so, what combination of physical properties (e.g. height, subsurface depth), technological augmentations (e.g. sensors), and personnel (i.e. guards) does it take to make a wall effective? With all that factored in, is a wall a cost-effective strategy?

How on earth would a front-line Border Patrol agent know any of that?

ivory tower experts probably have only ever written reports for hundreds of thousands of dollars - wasting taxpayer money and getting nothing done

Have you ever had to plan anything at work? Have you ever had to research options and do a cost-benefit analysis to justify an expenditure to a director? With the way you poo-poo "reports", I get the impression that you haven't.

doubt that story is true - that is the trouble with most stories - they are stories not facts

You doubt what story is true? That they fell?

You were perfectly willing to accept the unfounded story of an attack promoted by the "expert" union boss because he used to be a field agent. But now you doubt the story from the active duty border patrol agents who actually went and investigated the incident? Why do you doubt the story of the active border patrol agents but believe the story of the union boss who hasn't been an agent in years? What exactly is your standard for believability?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Does he think Mexico will pay for Trump's wall? Or since we're calling it his wall & he brags about how much money he's got but hasn't ponied up the tax returns to show that, Trump ought to fund it.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
To be fair it could just as easily be Brad.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
thanks for the link - i read several 5 star reviews and several 1 star reviews

imo the book proves my point - there are people who believe they are experts in things they know nothing about - and they disregard the opinions of others who they believe are uneducated non-academics

academic thinkers have their place in society - but so do practical innovative movers and shakers

history proves that the doers get more accomplished than the thinkers - america was built by the doers/movers shakers

although there have been some outstanding thinkers who have positively shaped society's pov - and we are profoundly indebted to them

so imo from the 5 and 1 star reviews this is elitist think book which america is tired of - they want to try something different - and rightly so - time to let a doer do his magic and get some serious things sorted out

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
thanks for the link - i read several 5 star reviews and several 1 star reviews

imo the book proves my point - there are people who believe they are experts in things they know nothing about - and they disregard the opinions of others who they believe are uneducated non-academics

academic thinkers have their place in society - but so do practical innovative movers and shakers

history proves that the doers get more accomplished than the thinkers - america was built by the doers/movers shakers

although there have been some outstanding thinkers who have positively shaped society's pov - and we are profoundly indebted to them

so imo from the 5 and 1 star reviews this is elitist think book which america is tired of - they want to try something different - and rightly so - time to let a doer do his magic and get some serious things sorted out
Other famous doers
Pol pot
Joseph guillotine
Hitler

My problem is that simply being a diet does not guarantee much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The strategy is not in constructing the wall. The strategy is in creating effective deterrents to illegal immigration. Can a wall be effective at all? If so, what combination of physical properties (e.g. height, subsurface depth), technological augmentations (e.g. sensors), and personnel (i.e. guards) does it take to make a wall effective? With all that factored in, is a wall a cost-effective strategy?

How on earth would a front-line Border Patrol agent know any of that?
the law makers need to do their part which is make comprehensive legislation to deal with the illegal aliens - that should be easy for them if they would get to it and apply themselves - if they don't know themselves they should have enough connections to find "experts" who can inform them on the creation of effective laws

the other part is build a wall - that part is simple as i said - engineers contractors skilled tradesmen can handle that

Have you ever had to plan anything at work? Have you ever had to research options and do a cost-benefit analysis to justify an expenditure to a director? With the way you poo-poo "reports", I get the impression that you haven't.
well your impression is wrong - i have been in the position of making the decisions on expenditures - and those who gave me the reports were experienced and knowledgable - not ivory tower know nothing academics
You doubt what story is true? That they fell?

You were perfectly willing to accept the unfounded story of an attack promoted by the "expert" union boss because he used to be a field agent. But now you doubt the story from the active duty border patrol agents who actually went and investigated the incident? Why do you doubt the story of the active border patrol agents but believe the story of the union boss who hasn't been an agent in years? What exactly is your standard for believability?
msm is biased negatively toward only trump and his supporters - that is who i no longer trust

i will believe a story by a fair reporter who investigated thoroughly what everyone had to say

you can tell from the tone of the story if it is factual or inflammatory - a reporter who wants ratings will hype the issue with one-sided commentary - a conscientious reporter will calmly and clearly report all sides and let the reader/listener decide who to believe

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Manuel Padilla
(Mexican US citizen)
Rio Grande Valley sector chief

Border Patrol union chief 'absolutely approves' Trump's tweet pushing for wall after border patrol agent's death

A Border Patrol union head said he “absolutely approves” of President Trump’s tweet explaining why a wall must be built, following a “tragic incident” along the U.S.-Mexico border that led to the death of a border patrol agent this weekend.

Wow! The guy who is paid to guard the border is thrilled about being paid to guard the border!

I am shocked!

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
they weren't doers - they were destroyers
Doers destroy things all the time. And then they use flowery language to convince people their destruction is helpful. Those who supported Hitler and Stalin did not think they were destroyers early on. They thought they were builders of great things.

Upvote 0