Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure I would trust someone from a law enforcement union to advise on public policy. It's rare I've seen one go on tv and say something that doesn't confirm everybody's negative attitudes about officers.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure I would trust someone from a law enforcement union to advise on public policy. It's rare I've seen one go on tv and say something that doesn't confirm everybody's negative attitudes about officers.

How embarrassing.

It's no wonder that our country is Slip Sliding Away.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How embarrassing.

It's no wonder that our country is Slip Sliding Away.

M-Bob

Nearly every time I see a police union boss on TV, they're defending a bad shooting and policies that prioritize police safety over community safety.

You're right. It is embarrassing.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nearly every time I see a police union boss on TV, they're defending a bad shooting and policies that prioritize police safety over community safety.

You're right. It is embarrassing.

Yeah we don't need them.
No reason to have Law and Order.
People will be good and sweet on their own.
Everybody just wants to love everybody.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah we don't need them.
M-Bob

Hey, look at that straw man getting torn down. That wasn't predictable at all.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Manuel Padilla
(Mexican US citizen)
Rio Grande Valley sector chief

Border Patrol union chief 'absolutely approves' Trump's tweet pushing for wall after border patrol agent's death

A Border Patrol union head said he “absolutely approves” of President Trump’s tweet explaining why a wall must be built, following a “tragic incident” along the U.S.-Mexico border that led to the death of a border patrol agent this weekend.
he would know better than anyone what works

msm sure doesn't - and many politicians who live in their gated communities sure don't know what border residents need

praying for the red wave nov 6 to pave the way for good things to be passed into law so that law enforcement officers and all americans can be safe -

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Yeah we don't need them.
M-Bob
yes - sounds like some people are dreaming - or maybe have their eyes closed - which i guess is easy to do if they aren't faced with the realities that some americans have to deal with

God bless america with safety and prosperity through solid law making and judicial responsibility

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics is like football. Viewers of football always say what coaches and coordinators and GMs need to do. Ignoring the expertise of the people who have actually made it to their professional positions. Because they, like, know more.

So he must be wrong and 21 year old liberal arts student Jenny knows better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Why? He's a union boss, not necessarily a policy expert.
policy experts are almost always people who have no real experience with the thing they are an "expert" on

that is why we have so many messes - the "experts" did it to us

that's the thing i like about trump - in business or politics he talks to the guy in the field to find out what is really going on - the upper management/bureaucracy quite often has lost touch with reality due to sitting in their ivory tower

and if i am not mistaken this specific border union boss is also a working border agent - not the typical bureaucratic union boss we are used to hearing about

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Politics is like football. Viewers of football always say what coaches and coordinators and GMs need to do. Ignoring the expertise of the people who have actually made it to their professional positions. Because they, like, know more.

Indeed, and spoken from quite literally a "gated" community, which is where many of the "Jenny's" and those "celebrities" soooo in favor of no wall, etc. most likely live.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith

lol - so true - well said

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
policy experts are almost always people who have no real experience with the thing they are an "expert" on

that is why we have so many messes - the "experts" did it to us

that's the thing i like about trump - in business or politics he talks to the guy in the field to find out what is really going on - the upper management/bureaucracy quite often has lost touch with reality due to sitting in their ivory tower

and if i am not mistaken this specific border union boss is also a working border agent - not the typical bureaucratic union boss we are used to hearing about

"Experts" are hardly perfect, but rank-and-file workers in any profession rarely have the necessary information or experience to effectively guide large, strategic decisions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Indeed, and spoken from quite literally a "gated" community, which is where most likely live.
well said - they already have their own wall -

but what i don't get is why do they want to deny one for everyone else? - that kind of attitude doesn't make sense to me

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
"Experts" are hardly perfect, but rank-and-file workers in any profession rarely have the necessary information or experience to effectively guide large, strategic decisions.
that is bureaucracy thinking that most americans know is flawed

i'd trust the judgement of the guy who has to do the job over some guy in an ivory tower who has no idea what it is like irl

most experts care little if at all about the humanity of a situation - they are thinking of personal agenda issues - like how to say what people want to hear rather than telling them the truth - because the truth might get them some pushback or worse - fired

the guy on the ground just wants to get the job done well and safely

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
well said - they already have their own wall -

but what i don't get is why do they want to deny one for everyone else? - that kind of attitude doesn't make sense to me

Exactly.

Odd, huh?

And just WHO are THEY to tell ANYONE what they should do and what is safe or common sense for THEM?

Have you seen Chelsea Handler's house, which is in, by the way, a GATED community?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Exactly.

Odd, huh?

And just WHO are THEY to tell ANYONE what they should do and what is safe or common sense for THEM?

Have you seen Chelsea Handler's house, which is in, by the way, a GATED community?
no but i have seen the houses of those who live near the border and heard their stories of home invasions - a border wall would sure be nice for them

and it would protect the rest of america where the illegal unknown unvetted unapproved aliens secretly migrate to

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
no but i have seen the houses of those who live near the border and heard their stories of home invasions - a border wall would sure be nice for them

and it would protect the rest of america where the illegal unknown unvetted unapproved aliens secretly migrate to

i agree. it's heartbreaking.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0