Black Lives Matter and the Trial Result

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Words don't cause that. People obeying causes that. Calls for violence should always fall on deaf ears, and when they don't, those that perform that violent acts need to be dealt with and swiftly.
People who give the marching orders as well as those who accept the marching orders need to be dealt with and swiftly.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
People who give the marching orders as well as those who accept the marching orders need to be dealt with and swiftly.

This is a mob, not an organized army. People cheering the mob on social media are appalling, but not responsible. This is very very dangerous ground otherwise.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Cancel Culture has nothing to do with what I was talking about; I was talking about what is legal or not. The problem with cancel culture is it isn't applied fairly; too often the people getting canceled do not deserve it, and lots of people who should get canceled are allowed to get away with it.

Examples?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And what, specifically, is "cancel culture"?

Can you give a definition of your own?

Materially punishing someone that doesn't agree with you.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Materially punishing someone that doesn't agree with you.

Didn't our previous president spend four years trying to do precisely that? Where was your disagreement then?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Didn't our previous president spend four years trying to do precisely that? Where was your disagreement then?

I guess I was distracted by all the good things he was doing.

A guy can show up for work with a hangover, unwashed and unshaven, but if he does a good job, who cares?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I guess I was distracted by all the good things he was doing.

But people didn't agree with him, and subsequently didn't vote for him.

Losing the election has materially hurt him -- he got cancelled, which according to you, is evil.

A guy can show up for work with a hangover, unwashed and unshaven, but if he does a good job, who cares?

If that guy's job involves him dealing with the public, the customers are going to care -- which means his boss is going to care.

(Hint: If the customers aren't happy, you're not doing a good job)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But people didn't agree with him, and subsequently didn't vote for him.

Losing the election has materially hurt him -- he got cancelled, which according to you, is evil.

Winning in the first place is what cost him materially.

If that guy's job involves him dealing with the public, the customers are going to care -- which means his boss is going to care.

(Hint: If the customers aren't happy, you're not doing a good job)

It's pretty clear that my guy doesn't deal with the public.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As per the following article regarding Black Lives Matter violence if Officer Chauvin is found innocent, how do you think our government leaders should handle such an event? What should President Biden do and what should mayors of cities do?
‘All hell will break loose’ if Chauvin not convicted, buildings will be ‘on fire,’ says model, BLM activist
They will be a lot of quicker to declare martial law than Trump ever was... Back when they were hating on the very police that will be working for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They will be a lot of quicker to declare martial law than Trump ever was... Back when they were hating on the very police that will be working for them.

What is sad is that there are many who are hoping for an acquittal so they will have the excuse to riot, loot, and destroy.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Winning in the first place is what cost him materially.

And who's responsible for that?

It's pretty clear that my guy doesn't deal with the public.

Nonsense.He may not be paid for it, but everyone deals with the public just by stepping outside.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Examples?
Can you imagine what would happen if shortly after Barak Obama was elected, a popular white actor hired 2 of his with friends to put on black face and pretend to rob and assault him claiming “this is Obama country”? His career would immediately be over and the entire country would vilify him. Yet when Black actor Jussie Smollett did this pretending white people assaulted him claiming it is Trump country, the cancel culture looked the other way.
Nick Cannon has admitted he is racist and has said many racist things yet he remains popular with one of the most popular shows. Can you imagine what would happen if a white person were to spew this type of racial hatred against black people?

Yet Cancel Culture came out in full force when Rosanne Barr made a joke about a mixed race person being like “planet of the apes” and lost her show, and they came out full force when Pappa John in a private conversation gave an example of the CEO of his competition using the N-word to describe black people, and was forced to resign as CEO.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you imagine what would happen if shortly after Barak Obama was elected, a popular white actor hired 2 of his with friends to put on black face and pretend to rob and assault him claiming “this is Obama country”? His career would immediately be over and the entire country would vilify him. Yet when Black actor Jussie Smollett did this pretending white people assaulted him claiming it is Trump country, the cancel culture looked the other way.

It did? He was fired from his show and neither his IMDB page nor wikipedia show him as having worked on anything since. I can't see any tweets from him since then and his IG page has only a handful of posts.

Looks to me like he's been pretty thoroughly canceled.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It did? He was fired from his show and neither his IMDB page nor wikipedia show him as having worked on anything since. I can't see any tweets from him since then and his IG page has only a handful of posts.

Looks to me like he's been pretty thoroughly canceled.
Nick Cannon is still doing “Masked Singer” and still has his hands in a number of other things. As far as Smollett, I remember a few days after the Hoax, the producer of his show said he stands behind Jussie Smollett and his job on the show is safe. As far as if he has been written off the show since then, I haven’t kept up, but you gotta admit had he been white, things would have been handled differently

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nick Cannon is still doing “Masked Singer” and still has his hands in a number of other things. As far as Smollett, I remember a few days after the Hoax, the producer of his show said he stands behind Jussie Smollett and his job on the show is safe. As far as if he has been written off the show since then, I haven’t kept up, but you gotta admit had he been white, things would have been handled differently

I'm not going to dig into the Nick Cannon stuff - partly because I don't care about him; partly because I'd be perfectly happy with his show going off the air.

From what I recall of the Smollett case, there was a lot of confusion at first as to whether or not it was a hoax. Yes, a lot of people were reluctant to entertain the idea that he faked it - which is understandable given how common it is for victims to have their experiences downplayed by others - but ultimately, it's quite clear that he was cancelled.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump knew that going in.

I'm not so sure.

There's plenty that Donald didn't know about going in -- and he screamed on Twitter every time reality slapped him in the face.

You apparently haven't had a very wide outdoor work experience.

Who said anything about work? I said everyone deals with the public just by stepping outside.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Fair enough. If you say people who work outside are less likely to have to deal with the general public, I won't argue the point.

Meanwhile, those of us who do deal with people every single day need to behave ourselves.

Upvote 0