Black and Hispanic unemployment at record low -- POLL

Is Trump's stance on the economy succeeding?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Would have improved under any President

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The health of the economy and low unemployment Donald inherited is nowhere near what we have now. Trump took a decent economy and made it great.

Wages are up! According to "factcheck.org" they are higher than they have been in a long time.
Are Wages Rising or Flat?
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/06/are-wages-rising-or-flat/

Did you actually read the whole article? You substantiated my point & refuted yours. You also gave even more evidence of how Donald is never to be trusted with his claims. Never. You cannot depend on that man to tell you what 2+2=.

Trump’s own Council of Economic Advisers contradicts his “decades of flat wages” claim, saying 2018 was “the sixth consecutive year of positive real hourly earnings growth for nonsupervisory workers and the longest streak since the eight years of consecutive earnings growth from 1995 through 2002.” (The CEA adjusts for inflation using the Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index, or PCE, not the Consumer Price Index that BLS uses.)

As for your claim about Donald "making it great" - this is from your source:

During Obama’s last four years in office the average weekly earnings for production and nonsupervisory workers went up 4.9%. Over Obama’s entire two-term tenure, wages were up 4.2%.

Over President George W. Bush’s eight years in office, wages also increased by 4.2%, and under President Bill Clinton, they went up by 6.4%. (Real average weekly earnings for all private sector employees, including supervisors, shows a similar trend, though BLS only has published statistics going back to 2006. Those figures are up 2.3% under Trump, 3.9% under Obama’s second term and 4% over his eight years in office.)

With the stock market high, unemployment low, wages high, what more do you want?

For folks to not need to have to work 3 jobs in order to pay for their insulin, other life-dependent medications, food & home. There's a lady at my church who is a teacher, gets paid pitifully. Has a 2nd full-time job, just took on a 3rd for the holidays, on account of needing that money to pay for her child's life-necessary medical expenses. Her husband died after an accident but had survived for long enough that this hospital bills wiped out his life insurance policy, and then some. Leaving his family to still have to pay for that debt & them some. She's unfortunately not an exceptional case, there's many families in America in similar predicaments.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Don't know one
and I get out a lot.

Many of my construction friends who couldn't find much work when Obama was president have been working pretty steady since Trump went into office.

The now working mans vote will be for Trump.
M-Bob
M-Bob

You don't get out nearly enough then, Bob. Come to rural Georgia. Then you'll understand why the suicide rate for farmers has surged during Trump's administration. How his moronic trade war & other stupid policies have hurt the very folks who'd helped to get him elected.

My uncle owns a construction company up in NJ. He was his busiest during the Obama administration, on account of how opportunistic folks were buying up as much land as they could while the prices were low. Trump's dumb trade war has hurt his business.

Like I've shared with you before, every summer since I was 14 I've volunteered with a crew he puts together and funds to repair houses for folks living in the Appalachia. It's extremely common for people there to have 2-3 jobs, still not have the money to be able to patch up the roof in their house or pay for basic necessities. It's common around there for an employer to not give enough hours for their workers to qualify for benefits.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like I've shared with you before, every summer since I was 14 I've volunteered with a crew he puts together and funds to repair houses for folks living in the Appalachia. It's extremely common for people there to have 2-3 jobs, still not have the money to be able to patch up the roof in their house or pay for basic necessities. It's common around there for an employer to not give enough hours for their workers to qualify for benefits.

Thank you for your good works.
My dad had a heart for those same people.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread is now closed permanently. Remember, do not flame each other, and do not flame public figures.

MOD HAT OFF

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.