Black and Hispanic unemployment at record low -- POLL

Is Trump's stance on the economy succeeding?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Would have improved under any President

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Black and Hispanic unemployment is at a record low
There have never been more Black and Hispanic Americans in the workforce, Friday’s Labor Department job reportshowed.

Black unemployment rate falls to a record low - CNN
The record low unemployment rate for African-Americans is undeniably good news, said Valerie Wilson, director of the program on race, ethnicity and the economy for the Economic Policy Institute.

Rush Limbaugh Show’s ‘Bo Snerdley’ Aims To Bring The Black Vote Back Home To The GOP
On the Friday interview edition of the Daily Daily Caller Podcast we have a great chat with James Golden, AKA “Bo Snerdley” from the Rush Limbaugh Show, about his new organization looking to bring the black vote back to the GOP. The group, “New Journey PAC,” and the accompanying “MAGA.Black” website aims to recruit black conservatives to challenge Democrats in the deepest-blue areas of the country by focusing on issues where conservatism lives but the Republican Party doesn’t play.

Last edited:

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
A rising tide lifts all boats. Has minority employment and wages risen more, less or equally as compared to white employment and wages?
This is the only question that matters. If unemployment is lower, it is lower for all. However, there is a gap that represents the racism still seen in American society. Unless that gap is much smaller than in other eras, touting "black unemployment is low" is meaningless and is the most cynical lines I've ever heard. It also shows a strong degree of disrespect for those ethnic groups, "You should be thanking us for giving you low unemployment..."

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A rising tide lifts all boats. Has minority employment and wages risen more, less or equally as compared to white employment and wages?

Good question?
Do you happen to have the answer?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Polls Showing Third of Blacks Support Trump May Herald Huge Political Upheavals Ahead

Rasmussen Reports announced Nov. 22 that 34 percent of blacks in the latest survey said they now support President Donald Trump. Shortly thereafter, Emerson Polling said it found that 34.5 percent of blacks back the president.

Since only 8 percent of black voters supported Trump in the 2016 election, such a shift in the Democratic Party’s most loyal constituency quickly sparked glee among conservative commentators and derisive outrage among liberals.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
However, there is a gap that represents the racism still seen in American society.

Are we sure racism is the cause? I know that seems like the obvious explanation, but in my area racism is fairly low, but blacks still seem to have a higher unemployment rate (though the vast majority of homeless, even in a black neighborhood, are all white). I can think of a few possible explanations, none of which includes racism against blacks, that might explain the problem. Perhaps where you are at the racism issue is a bigger deal and a more obvious explanation, but I'm not seeing it, here.

• Agree
Reactions: Acts2:38
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
California Republican Hispanics supporting Trump

Once again, we’re sending the message that Hispanics don’t want more programs to make them comfortable in their poverty. What Hispanics really want is more opportunity: the freedom to work, leave poverty behind, and rise into the ranks of the middle class and beyond.

The failed policies of the liberal legislators have proven that the Democrats don’t have the answers. San Diego and Riverside county chapters of CARNHA believe Trump is a very viable alternative.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are we sure racism is the cause? in my area racism is fairly low

, but blacks still seem to have a higher unemployment rate (though the vast majority of homeless, even in a black neighborhood, are all white). I can think of a few possible explanations, none of which includes racism against blacks, that might explain the problem. Perhaps where you are at the racism issue is a bigger deal and a more obvious explanation, but I'm not seeing it, here.

It's only because when there's nothing left
some will just throw out the old race card.
"That will stop them in their tracks"
No longer -- people see through it all now.

I live in the so called
red neck part of San Diego County
we of all colors get along well here.

More immigrants and ones of color moving in every day and everybody doing good.

M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As seen from the mountaintop in the (Barona Indian Reservation mountains) of San Diego County. My grandmother was a Cherokee Indian lady.

I was raised down in the SD ghetto. Most all of my friends while going to school were minorities. Many such as myself owned businesses plus ended up working for local government Cites and the County and made the best of the American Dream offered.

When 2020 rolls around
we will be voting according to our pocketbooks.
That = a Trump vote.

Seems that most of our labor force now in San Diego are minorities? All that wish to work are working. Why mess with a Trump formula that is doing even better than expected?
M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are we sure racism is the cause? I know that seems like the obvious explanation, but in my area racism is fairly low, but blacks still seem to have a higher unemployment rate (though the vast majority of homeless, even in a black neighborhood, are all white). I can think of a few possible explanations, none of which includes racism against blacks, that might explain the problem. Perhaps where you are at the racism issue is a bigger deal and a more obvious explanation, but I'm not seeing it, here.

Even if racism today were completely gone, the impacts of racism in past generations were severe and long lasting, creating a negative feedback loop that can sustain itself for generations.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if racism today were completely gone, the impacts of racism in past generations were severe and long lasting, creating a negative feedback loop that can sustain itself for generations.

Sounds like with some it's never going away?

My grandchildren don't wish to hear about it.
Don't practice it
and were not taught it.
We ALL have many, many family and friends
of color.
Don't most these days?
America (The Great) Melting Pot.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My grandchildren don't wish to hear about it.

Then your grandchildren will be doomed to a life of ignorance, pointing fingers at the wrong causes and supporting the wrong solutions.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then your grandchildren will be doomed to a life of ignorance, pointing fingers at the wrong causes and supporting the wrong solutions.

Apparently they are smarter than most.
Tell that one to their friends of color.
Or to their Cherokee grandmother.
M-Bob

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is the only question that matters. If unemployment is lower, it is lower for all. However, there is a gap that represents the racism still seen in American society. Unless that gap is much smaller than in other eras, touting "black unemployment is low" is meaningless and is the most cynical lines I've ever heard. It also shows a strong degree of disrespect for those ethnic groups, "You should be thanking us for giving you low unemployment..."

Not just blacks, but all minority races. And don't forget about people older than 50 who are seeking jobs - many of them are rejected because of their ages. Then we have more men than women finding jobs even though women are equally capable of doing them. I need to see improvements in all demographic groups finding living wage jobs to believe any of them besides white men are benefiting from President Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Think Obama promised progress there? But, didn't deliver.

Barack Obama inherited a mess created by his Republican predecessor. It was called the Great Recession for a good reason: the stock market crashed. You can't expect to see a huge demographical improvement in employment when millions of Americans lose their jobs to corportate downsizing and have to start over. Obama did a great job improving overall unemployment rates considering the situation.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Barack Obama inherited a mess created by his Republican predecessor. It was called the Great Recession for a good reason: the stock market crashed. You can't expect to see a huge demographical improvement in employment when millions of Americans lose their jobs to corportate downsizing and have to start over. Obama did a great job improving overall unemployment rates considering the situation.

Correct -- I think he blamed it on Bush
along with many other things that went wrong.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think anybody is asking for their thanks, they're asking for their vote.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.