Black and Hispanic unemployment at record low -- POLL

Is Trump's stance on the economy succeeding?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Would have improved under any President

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like with some it's never going away?

Many have built personal fortunes around "racism", no way are they going to allow a fix that cuts off the supply of $$$. For others, it's excuses. Their lot in life has nothing to do with laxity on their part (see: Solomon/Proverbs), but always someone or something else. Pride and its delusion is their enemy, not "racism". God is no respecter of persons, we ALL have to humble ourselves before Him.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Black and Hispanic unemployment is at a record low
There have never been more Black and Hispanic Americans in the workforce, Friday’s Labor Department job reportshowed.

Black unemployment rate falls to a record low - CNN
The record low unemployment rate for African-Americans is undeniably good news, said Valerie Wilson, director of the program on race, ethnicity and the economy for the Economic Policy Institute.

Rush Limbaugh Show’s ‘Bo Snerdley’ Aims To Bring The Black Vote Back Home To The GOP
On the Friday interview edition of the Daily Daily Caller Podcast we have a great chat with James Golden, AKA “Bo Snerdley” from the Rush Limbaugh Show, about his new organization looking to bring the black vote back to the GOP. The group, “New Journey PAC,” and the accompanying “MAGA.Black” website aims to recruit black conservatives to challenge Democrats in the deepest-blue areas of the country by focusing on issues where conservatism lives but the Republican Party doesn’t play.

Donald inherited a terrific economy, low unemployment. He could have used that to make improvements for folks, lasting improvements.

There's many folks who have 2-3 jobs on account of how they need that many to stay afloat. Wage stagnation is a huge issue. Many are employed but not given enough hours to have benefits. Donald's done a lot to help out billionaires but not to resolve the problems for the majority of folks.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's many folks who have 2-3 jobs

on account of how they need that many to stay afloat. Wage stagnation is a huge issue. Many are employed but not given enough hours to have benefits. Donald's done a lot to help out billionaires but not to resolve the problems for the majority of folks.

Don't know one
and I get out a lot.

Many of my construction friends who couldn't find much work when Obama was president have been working pretty steady since Trump went into office.

The now working mans vote will be for Trump.
M-Bob
M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder how that standard works in red and blue states. Living in a red, red state, it seems as if black and Hispanic poverty is worse than ever. A local food bank gave out 3,000 turkeys in 2018 and had over 10,000 families waiting on huge lines for help this year...

Blue states often maintain safety net programs at their own expense, so if a Republican president reduces those benefits people of that state continue to receive the same assistance. That might help the minority poverty rate decline.

All over our country, large cities are continuing to enact climate policies, so much so that President Trump wanted to enact executive orders punishing California when it did so. How dare those cities and states do the right thing when the country is supposed to go in the other direction? Sheesh.

The same exists with Medicaid. Medicaid in blue states often covers family planning and abortion when federal laws refuse to cover it.

It certainly seems that many states that voted for Trump are hurting. Farmers are going bankrupt as the tariff relief is directed towards large factory farms, with small farms getting little. Factories are still closing, or reopening with more robot components than workers.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correct -- I think he blamed it on Bush
along with many other things that went wrong.
M-Bob
I don't think he blamed Bush but he would point out that the conditions were not only inherited, but global.

So M-Bob, do you think the Great Recession began in 2007 and hit its nadir a couple of months into Obama's first term? Do you think it was over by the end of his second term?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So M-Bob, do you think the Great Recession began in 2007 and hit its nadir a couple of months into Obama's first term? Do you think it was over by the end of his second term?

All that I know for sure is that our working friends and our investments counselor couldn't wait for Trump to get in to office and they have been happy ever since.

My brothers with their 2 companies have hired many extras since Trump got into office. They say that the economy is booming.

My retirement checks based on the economy and the stock market have had some nice increases.

The goats are eating high on the hog.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They say that the economy is booming.

But M-Bob, that's BAD news for the lazy and all the hand-wringers who enable them (and get power or wealth as they do).

It's boom times for us worker bees and (in your case) retired worker bees.:bee::bee::bee:

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
All that I know for sure is that our working friends and our investments counselor couldn't wait for Trump to get in to office and they have been happy ever since.

So now you admit there is no factual basis for your opinion about the national economy improving and it is therefore moot.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My brothers with their 2 companies have hired many extras since Trump got into office. They say that the economy is booming.

My retirement checks based on the economy and the stock market have had some nice increases.

The goats are eating high on the hog.

M-Bob
So you're claiming ignorance of when the Global Financial Crisis and the US Great Recession began? You're claiming that despite the wealth of independent, verifiable information, you don't know when the Great Recession ended?

Denying common facts, and embracing alternative ones, seems to be a hallmark of the Age of Donald.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Since I obviously know better than Bob, here is the answer:

The stock market crashed in 2008. This was the result of an already-bad economy getting worse, so 2007 was the real beginning of it. Every time people say it was in 2008, they are just talking about the crash at Time Square. Barack Obama got millions of Americans out of a deep hole, so Donald Trump had no Great Recession problems to fix. A Republican caused it. A Democrat fixed it. Just like 80 years earler.

This is why I decided to be a Democrat: The Great Depression's cause and solution as taught in American history classes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

As I've pointed out before, your investment counselor is an idiot and you'd do yourself a favor by finding someone who doesn't let their political beliefs influence their professional work. The data is available for anybody who wants to look at it - the market hasn't done any better under Trump than it did under Obama.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Suppose it was true. Suppose that Trump administration policy has resulted in an improved economy and lower unemployment, including for minorities.

How is that an excuse for Trump's personal behavior in office?

It wasn't for Nixon. The Nixon administration achieved many positive successes, but it was his personal behavior which cost him the office in spite of them.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As I've pointed out before, your investment counselor is an idiot and you'd do yourself a favor by finding someone who doesn't let their political beliefs influence their professional work. The data is available for anybody who wants to look at it - the market hasn't done any better under Trump than it did under Obama.

Star made a good point here. Financial investors need to know everything about how the govenrment has affected their jobs so obviously all of them will show off their political biases if they are conservatives.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Like who? Who are all of these people who have built fortunes around racism?

People like Donald Trump. White men who get rich by running businesses and only care about the money earned from them, not their employees. If you don't believe me, see Trump's words and actions favoring whites over Latinos and blacks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Donald inherited a terrific economy, low unemployment.
The health of the economy and low unemployment Donald inherited is nowhere near what we have now. Trump took a decent economy and made it great.

He could have used that to make improvements for folks, lasting improvements.

There's many folks who have 2-3 jobs on account of how they need that many to stay afloat. Wage stagnation is a huge issue.
Wages are up! According to "factcheck.org" they are higher than they have been in a long time.
Are Wages Rising or Flat?

Many are employed but not given enough hours to have benefits. Donald's done a lot to help out billionaires but not to resolve the problems for the majority of folks.
With the stock market high, unemployment low, wages high, what more do you want?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People like Donald Trump. White men who get rich by running businesses and only care about the money earned from them, not their employees.
That's not racism, that's selfish business practices. Again who are these people making fortunes from racism?

If you don't believe me, see Trump's words and actions favoring whites over Latinos and blacks.
Where are these words and actions that you speak of?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Like who? Who are all of these people who have built fortunes around racism?

Trump built his political fortunes on racism by pushing the birther conspiracy.

Black neighborhoods have, for decades, been the target of developers and urban planners look for space to build <the next big things>. You could argue about who the racists are/were in any given instance (vs those who merely capitalized on it), but at the very least, they built their fortunes on the concentrated poverty that was created through explicitly racist policies.

On a broader level, white people (particularly white men) in the mid-late 20th century benefited from racism by virtue of the fact that there was less competition for jobs and, thus, they had more leverage to secure higher wages for themselves.

The health of the economy and low unemployment Donald inherited is nowhere near what we have now. Trump took a decent economy and made it great.

There have been no appreciable changes in the rates of growth of anything. The trends that existed when he took office have continued essentially uninterrupted. Though, <3 years into his term, we still haven't had enough time to see what, if anything, the real effects of his policies may be.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There have been no appreciable changes in the rates of growth of anything. The trends that existed when he took office have continued essentially uninterrupted. Though, <3 years into his term, we still haven't had enough time to see what, if anything, the real effects of his policies may be.

No. Did you forget the resigned state Obama, the "citizen of the world", left us in? His downplaying of the U.S. is what opened the door for Trump and his unapologetic pro-Americanism. What’s this "we"? YOU haven’t "had enough time" to see the effects of Trumpism (just how many years do you need?)

WE, the worker bees, are blowin' and goin' and thriving under it. Confidence has a lot to do with it. Sad-sack ain’t selling.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No. Did you forget the resigned state Obama, the "citizen of the world", left us in? His downplaying of the U.S. is what opened the door for Trump and his unapologetic pro-Americanism.

If things are so clear, you ought to be able to provide some data showing this marked turnaround that Trump supposedly initiated. Please do so. Before you go about digging, I want to see rates of change over time, not just today's value of some given indicator.

What’s this "we"? YOU haven’t "had enough time" to see the effects of Trumpism (just how many years do you need?)

Most economic policies take at least a couple years to show meaningful results beyond short-term deficits.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.