Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I’ve never seen an unbiased person make so many excuses for one candidate and malign the other. People can make excuses for Trump too.
Just because I'm not a Democrat or Republican supporter, nor a Left wing or right wing supporter, it doesn't mean that I can't have negative opinions about what D Trump says and does.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry. Do you really believe that Biden thinks he can communicate with the dead?
Is that your take from this, not that Biden got names confused?
Do you really think that Trump wanted people to inject bleach into their bodies? He was asking a question.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because I'm not a Democrat or Republican supporter, nor a Left wing or right wing supporter, it doesn't mean that I can't have negative opinions about what D Trump says and does.
Sure, but you’re posts are constantly running cover for Biden

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Can you imagine being in your 80s and having the most stressful job in the nation? I think that would take a toll on anyone's health. If he is re-elected for a second term, I do not know what will happen to his physical or cognitive health. I'm NOT saying he actually has dementia or Alzheimer's because I'm not doctor. I just don't know. Only professionals can comment on that.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you really think that Trump wanted people to inject bleach into their bodies? He was asking a question.
He was asking the scientists to investigate injecting bleach into peoples bodies as a potential cure for Covid.
He was not telling the general public to inject or ingest bleach.

But it was a very silly thing for him to say, certainly not something to say in public and really he should leave science and medical health up to the experts. No one expects a president to be a qualified medical researcher. Trump isn't the person to be coming up with bright ideas at the forefront of medical research.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I've said he is old, I've said he shouldn't be running for president.
So hypothetically speaking, if Biden is re-elected and lives through his second term, how much time does he have left for retirement? He will be 86. I know some politicians work well into their 90s or until they die, I just wonder if that is fair, or if it is their choice? Maybe they are happy that way? I don't know.

I'm just rambling.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So hypothetically speaking, if Biden is re-elected and lives through his second term, how much time does he have left for retirement? He will be 86. I know some politicians work well into their 90s or until they die, I just wonder if that is fair, or if it is their choice? Maybe they are happy that way? I don't know.

I'm just rambling.
Yeah, I don't quite get what your saying.

Retirement shouldn't be mandatory, in most circumstances, not just on age.
But, some countries provide a pension, which helps people survive (food, shelter, warmth etc) when they are no longer working.

But, I certainly wouldn't have any problems with countries setting upper limits on the age of their political leaders. Although it would be awkward for USA to try and do that now, like picking an age above D Trump and below J Biden would be very short sighted.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I don't quite get what your saying.

Retirement shouldn't be mandatory, in most circumstances, not just on age.
But, some countries provide a pension, which helps people survive (food, shelter, warmth etc) when they are no longer working.

But, I certainly wouldn't have any problems with countries setting upper limits on the age of their political leaders. Although it would be awkward for USA to try and do that now, like picking an age above D Trump and below J Biden would be very short sighted.
IOW, if Biden lives through his second term he probably doesn't have much time left. Sorry I was so confusing.

Thanks for the input.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was asking the scientists to investigate injecting bleach into peoples bodies as a potential cure for Covid.
He was not telling the general public to inject or ingest bleach.

But it was a very silly thing for him to say, certainly not something to say in public and really he should leave science and medical health up to the experts. No one expects a president to be a qualified medical researcher. Trump isn't the person to be coming up with bright ideas at the forefront of medical research.
He didn’t ask them to investigate it. He asked if there was any way it could be injected. It was a stupid thing to say but it wasn’t what you claimed, but we all know that it’s only the right and Fox News who distort things and tell half truths

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
IOW, if Biden lives through his second term he probably doesn't have much time left. Sorry I was so confusing.

Thanks for the input.
Sure, yeah, same thing for D Trump, probably.

Are you suggesting they ought to just relax and enjoy their later years rather than be under the stress of running a massive and difficult country?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He didn’t ask them to investigate it. He asked if there was any way it could be injected.

That's the same thing. He was asking if they could investigate whether injecting it or some other way, it could be used to cure a covid infection in someone.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, yeah, same thing for D Trump, probably.

Are you suggesting they ought to just relax and enjoy their later years rather than be under the stress of running a massive and difficult country?
You're right about D. Trump.

Perhaps. Yes. Isn't that fair?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You are still mischaracterizing it
OK, I don't get the important distinction you are trying to make.

Of course anyone can inject disinfectant into a human body, all you need is a syringe with a hollow needle.
He is not asking the scientists to re-invent the syringe.

He is asking them to investigate whether disinfectant can be used to cure a Covid infection, and he is just suggesting "injecting" as a potential method of delivery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, I don't get the important distinction you are trying to make.

Of course anyone can inject disinfectant into a human body, all you need is a syringe with a hollow needle.
He is not asking the scientists to re-invent the syringe.

He is asking them to investigate whether disinfectant can be used to cure a Covid infection, and he is just suggesting "injecting" as a potential method of delivery.

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant.
Huh? I'm not understanding you. No one has been been suggesting that Trump specified any particular brand of disinfectant.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? I'm not understanding you. No one has been been suggesting that Trump specified any particular brand of disinfectant.
You’re still spinning

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You’re still spinning
Oh, OK, now I get it. You are upset I used the word bleach. Sorry, I've heard people say both. He said disinfectant. My bad.

Bleach is a disinfectant but not all disinfectants are bleach. Bleach also includes whitening properties.

Ultimately the distinction is quite irrelevant. But I'll use disinfectant from now on, because that is more accurate to what he said.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, OK, now I get it. You are upset I used the word bleach. Sorry, I've heard people say both. He said disinfectant. My bad.

Bleach is a disinfectant but not all disinfectants are bleach. Bleach also includes whitening properties.

Ultimately the distinction is quite irrelevant. But I'll use disinfectant from now on, because that is more accurate to what he said.
He didn’t direct anyone to start testing the idea, he asked a question and said it would be interesting to check on it
As far as bombing hurricanes that was from an anonymous source and Trump denied that he said it, but The idea of using nuclear bombs “to counteract convection currents” was floated during the Eisenhower administration, Axios reported, and has continued to resurface even though government scientists have said it will not work.

Upvote 0