Biden and Trump in pictures and numbers - Age

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
In a way, I agree; but watch ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN at the pictures they choose to show when running one more of their endless Trump news reports. If you are conscious of it, it becomes apparent. With the election coming up, it will get more apparent.
I don't watch ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN.

There are endless Trump reports because the twice impeached, four time criminally arrested sexual assaulting fraud is still lying about the election result and is running to be America's dictator. The reports are required.

• Wow
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't watch ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN.

There are endless Trump reports because the twice impeached, four time criminally arrested sexual assaulting fraud is still lying about the election result and is running to be America's dictator. The reports are required.
I wonder where you get your news then? I doubt that you watch Fox and the only major source on TV that I have not mentioned is CBS. This is an honest question.

On days when people were fighting floods in Cal., Houthi's were shooting missiles at our ships, the U.S. was bombing in Yemen and Iraq, and we were seeing record numbers of illegal immigrants coming across our borders, one of the top news items was how much money Trump was going to have to pay in E. Jean Carrol's defamation suit. It seemed like schadenfreude to me and not real journalism.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I wonder where you get your news then? I doubt that you watch Fox and the only major source on TV that I have not mentioned is CBS. This is an honest question.

On days when people were fighting floods in Cal., Houthi's were shooting missiles at our ships, the U.S. was bombing in Yemen and Iraq, and we were seeing record numbers of illegal immigrants coming across our borders, one of the top news items was how much money Trump was going to have to pay in E. Jean Carrol's defamation suit. It seemed like schadenfreude to me and not real journalism.
Unlike you, I don't watch television news.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am unaware of what alleged kings have to do with this thread.
we're holding leaders in judgement. My point is that nobody's perfect and this murderer and adulterer was described as a man after God's own heart. He was a flawed man but accomplished much for his people.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
we're holding leaders in judgement. My point is that nobody's perfect and this murderer and adulterer was described as a man after God's own heart. He was a flawed man but accomplished much for his people.

And I don't care what any god's "heart" says, or about any "kings".

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We don't need age limits. If we don't like the guy we elect because he's too old we can vote him out or impeach him or hit him with the 25th.
That said, the fact that we will be forced to choose between a failing old man and a swaggering old bully may be a sign tht the people have lost control of the election process--a bigger problem than either of the two old guys.

• Agree
Reactions: tz620q
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a Christian site so you probably should expect a lot of folks to care a bit more than you do. And for us, the point is made.

Though opinions vary.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is a Christian site so you probably should expect a lot of folks to care a bit more than you do. And for us, the point is made.

Though opinions vary.

Sometimes I think you guys are speaking an alien tongue. I don't know people who speak that way.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes I think you guys are speaking an alien tongue. I don't know people who speak that way.
I moved from Seattle (My home of 46 years) to rural KY almost 13 years ago. In Seattle I worked in a large cubical farm and mentioning Christianity in any conversation was a dicey proposition. Meanwhile, my first contract (I was an IT contractor) in Kentucky had a pizza party to celebrate the successful end of a project. As we opened the boxes the manager stopped and we prayed over the meal. :)

This was something I understand but a lot of folks I worked with in Seattle would have been shocked and terribly "put out" by that. It's one reason I love it here. It's all part of the "freedom" thing. It is weird that everyone calls me "brother" though, and even black people here call black people "colored". It's not used offensively in any way so nobody cares. Again, the freedom thing.

But yeah, what you are talking about, I think, is "Christian speak". It can be annoying to me sometimes. We use a lot of archaic words that are not uttered outside a church service. Even words like "king" are lost on most people. And don't get me started on "thee" and "thou". :D

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am old enough to remember the 1984 reelection bid by Ronald Reagan and how at the ripe old age of 73, most Democrats were complaining he was too old to serve a second term.

When Reagan left office after his second term he was 77 years, 349 days old. When Joe Biden took office for his first term he was 78 years, 61 days old. If reelected, he will be 86 when he leaves office. If Trump is reelected he will be 78 years, 220 days old on inauguration, becoming the oldest president ever sworn in.

Unlike our journalistic colleagues, I will leave this question of why we might be forced to pick between two aging candidates without an editorial comment. The presidency is a grave and trying job that aged many younger presidents. Why do we so blithely ignore this now at a time when we are faced with so many challenges?

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur has declined to prosecute President Joe Biden for his handling of classified documents but said in a report released Thursday that Biden’s practices “present serious risks to national security” and added that part of the reason he wouldn't charge Biden was that the president could portray himself as an "elderly man with a poor memory" who would be sympathetic to a jury.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur has declined to prosecute President Joe Biden for his handling of classified documents but said in a report released Thursday that Biden’s practices “present serious risks to national security” and added that part of the reason he wouldn't charge Biden was that the president could portray himself as an "elderly man with a poor memory" who would be sympathetic to a jury.
The main issue I see is if the elected President of the U.S. is not actually making the decisions, then we essentially have unelected staff officials wielding the power of the Presidency, therefore depriving the American people of choosing who leads them.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am old enough to remember the 1984 reelection bid by Ronald Reagan and how at the ripe old age of 73, most Democrats were complaining he was too old to serve a second term.

When Reagan left office after his second term he was 77 years, 349 days old. When Joe Biden took office for his first term he was 78 years, 61 days old. If reelected, he will be 86 when he leaves office. If Trump is reelected he will be 78 years, 220 days old on inauguration, becoming the oldest president ever sworn in.

Unlike our journalistic colleagues, I will leave this question of why we might be forced to pick between two aging candidates without an editorial comment. The presidency is a grave and trying job that aged many younger presidents. Why do we so blithely ignore this now at a time when we are faced with so many challenges?
Because neither are viable or worthy candidates.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums