✟1,053,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings etc. are not doctrines.

But none of these verses puts a woman into a position of authority.

Deborah was in such a position; judge over the nation, appointed by God.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Almost all. Deborah, a woman was a prophet of God (Judges 4:4). But she did not "usurp authority" over any men Prophets because there were none. She had authority over the "Sons of Israel", but that's because they were not filled with or being led by the Spirit.

Yeah I've read that and it seems to be the only justification for women preaching in the church.

I couldn't actually see her acting as a prophet, only being named as a prophet. Hence why I said the men were Gods elect prophets. They actually did things and were consecrated.

I think this was an honorary
title and no more, I can't see a trace of God working through her or electing her or making communication with her.

I admit I'm cautious because there are people with an agenda who don't follow Gods word and want to have things their own way and not God's way.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This verse is talking about salvation "In Christ there is now no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female" two verses forward talks about faith.

Galatians 3:25-28

Nothing to do with status.
So men were set free but women were still in bonds to men. Highly unlikely that Jesus would accomplish a Jubilee like that when slavery was abolished to all according to OT law. Or do you know nothing of that? The Jubilee was what Jesus read in the synagogue and just the part of vengeance at His return was left out.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I've read that and it seems to be the only justification for women preaching in the church.

I couldn't actually see her acting as a prophet, only being named as a prophet. Hence why I said the men were Gods elect prophets. They actually did things and were consecrated.

I think this was an honorary
title and no more, I can't see a trace of God working through her or electing her or making communication with her.

I admit I'm cautious because there are people with an agenda who don't follow Gods word and want to have things their own way and not God's way.

Yes, it's abused. Personal example.....The Spirit allowed me to sit under women who prophesied. It was very edifying. But the moment they made a 23yo girl a "pastor" and put her in the pulpit to Teach over everyone, God made me get up and leave. That girl was Godly and God eventually called her away from the role of "pastor" that the cowardly men in that church put her in, and became a missionary overseas to women and children. I was happy for her that she found her appropriate role. I was angry that the men of that church would put a young woman of God into a role she never belonged in. But God Himself worked everything out.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel C
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
there are people with an agenda who don't follow Gods word and want to have things their own way and not God's way.

Yeah. Right. That's what I think about the misogynists.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of Gods elected OT prophets were men.

No they weren't.
Miriam, Exodus 15:20.
Deborah, Judges 4:4
Huldah - 2 Kings 22:14-20
Isaiah's wife, Isaiah 8:3.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No they weren't.
Miriam, Exodus 15:20.
Deborah, Judges 4:4
Huldah - 2 Kings 22:14-20
Isaiah's wife, Isaiah 8:3.

Yes. Now what we have to answer is this.... did any of those women ever "USURP AUTHORITY" over men of God who were also filled by the Holy Spirit. For example, did any of the Prophetesses ever correct, rebuke, or instruct another male Prophet of God?

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Now what we have to answer is this.... did any of those women ever "USURP AUTHORITY" over men of God who were also filled by the Holy Spirit. For example, did any of the Prophetesses ever correct, rebuke, or instruct another male Prophet of God?
We don’t know. None of the female prophets were given a record of the reason of the prophesies in the NT.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just explained how Deborah was not. You don't want to listen to an opposing view.
A) No, you explained why YOU don't think Deborah was - Scripture calls her a prophetess.
B) I notice you ignored the others. Maybe you don't like being wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You posted 3 verses yet.. wehre is "submission" at? Its not how some women act its how do YOU? You treat her as Christ treats the Church... ooh now THATS very hard to find in a man. Your never looking at how she treats you its always how are YOU treating her..love never thinks of self..

Then you see where ones heart really is at.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We don’t know. None of the female prophets were given a record of the reason of the prophesies in the NT.
You posted 3 verses yet.. wehre is "submission" at? Its not how some women act its how do YOU? You treat her as Christ treats the Church... ooh now THATS very hard to find in a man. Your never looking at how she treats you its always how are YOU treating her..love never thinks of self..

Then you see where ones heart really is at.

The same word that says women are to submit to their husbands says husbands are supposed to lay their life down for their wife.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So men were set free but women were still in bonds to men. Highly unlikely that Jesus would accomplish a Jubilee like that when slavery was abolished to all according to OT law. Or do you know nothing of that? The Jubilee was what Jesus read in the synagogue and just the part of vengeance at His return was left out.

No, we all get salvation the same way Romans 10:13

The member I was responding to was trying to pretend that Galatians 3:25-28 is about social status, it is not. It's about salvation.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The same word that says women are to submit to their husbands says husbands are supposed to lay their life down for their wife.

That's not what it says. It says husbands are to love as Christ loved. Laying down life is only one part if that. The rest is being a SERVANT i.e. submission.

ItsI very clear from all of these type of anti-women posts that many of the men here are only interested in being a master and ruling over people or they wouldn't feel so threatened by the idea of not having other people to dominate and control while pretending that's what scripture says Christ is all about.

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we all get salvation the same way Romans 10:13

The member I was responding to was trying to pretend that Galatians 3:25-28 is about social status, it is not. It's about salvation.
It's actually about how salvation breaks down prejudice and social barriers. God wants all to come in, not some privileged group.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.