Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. Ps 103:8

..."The LORD, the LORD God, is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion and faithfulness." Exodus 34:6

The LORD is merciful and good; our God is compassionate. Psalm 116:5

Unconditional love...."It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.…" 1 Corinthians 13:6

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Post them! That's what this thread is here for.

Matthew 25:46 'And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jude 1:7 Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 'They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might'

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 25:46 'And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jude 1:7 Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 'They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might'
Some folks claim that the Greek word "aionios" translated as "eternal" in these verses does not mean "eternal" but "age during" or some other silly phrase. "aionios" is an adjective it describes something. Them other folk change it to a noun "age" and a preposition "during." Guess for them they can't find a single English word which means what "aionios" means.
Here from the Eastern Greek Orthodox new testament.
EOB Matthew:25:46 When he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left] will go away into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] punishment, [κόλασις/kolasis] but the righteous into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] life.”​
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years +/- ago. Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, who translated the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB] know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online;
The New Testament ( The Eastern-Greek Orthodox Bible) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
…..The Greek word “kolasis” occurs only twice in the N.T., first occurrence Matt 25:46 and the second occurrence is 1 John 4:18.
EOB 1 John 4:18 here is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear is connected with punishment.[ κόλασις/kolasis] But the one who fears is not yet perfect in love.​
Note the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars who translated the EOB translated “aionios” as “eternal,” NOT age.
The Greek word “kolasis” is translated “punishment” in Matt 25:46. Some folks claim “kolasis” really means “prune” or “correction” but according to the EOB Greek scholars it means “punishment.” 1 John 4:18 defines "kolasis" there is no correction, the one with “kolasis” is not made perfect.

Upvote 0

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
AND ALL MANKIND SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD.’ Luke 3:6

To Him who [earnestly,] remembered us in our low estate and imprinted us[on His heart], for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever."Psalms 136:23

For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in. Ps 27:10

"There is no fear in love [dread does not exist]. But perfect (complete, full-grown) love drives out fear, because fear involves [the expectation of divine] punishment, so the one who is afraid [of God’s judgment] is not perfected in love [has not grown into a sufficient understanding of God’s love]."

- 1 John 4:18 AMP

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AND ALL MANKIND SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD.’ Luke 3:6 * * *
Jesus is speaking in the verse.
Jesus also said.

Matthew 7:21-23
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
"Never" for Jesus does not only refer to the past but also the future.

Upvote 0

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is speaking in the verse.
Jesus also said.

Matthew 7:21-23
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
"Never" for Jesus does not only refer to the past but also the future.
Hello maybe you forgot #158. My position hasn't changed.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ditto. Do you know why this is? Interpretation of scripture is based on Presuppositions . Regarding Matthew 7:21-23, it is akin to the same verse in Matthew 25:44-46. Jesus was addressing the religious leaders who did not have any clue how to love those who they believed were outside the gates of heaven. They were so filled with pride in their religious activities or you could even argue were full of arrogance in their own theological interpretations.
As I wrote in a previous thread this same sentiment applies here as Matthew 7:21-23.
Matthew 25:44-46. Is problem for ECT view.
Jesus is speaking to those on the left who addressed Him as “Lord”, it is interesting Jesus tells them that their fate is in the eternal fire. Why would Jesus warn them if they confess and believe Him as their “Lord”?
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ And they will go away into the eternal fire. Matthew 25:44-46
This is a problem for the ECT view and the annihilation view as well, it teaches that those who confess Jesus will be burned up or/and tormented forever. This is not an issue for the restoration view at all, the fire is going to remove their indifference .Some will say that those who confessed Jesus as Lord were not genuine believers but this is verse does not say they are disingenuous, those on the left are very concerned they did not help Jesus vs. 44 when did we did we see you when you were hungry, thirsty, sick or in prison?…
It is no problem for the EP [eternal punishment] view. I think you are making a big mistake. Just because someone calls Jesus, Lord does not make them faithful disciples. Lord could be used just as we use "sir." The vs. does not specifically say the "goats" were false followers, but from what Jesus said about what they didn't do, evidently their lives did not reflect discipleship and they were only paying Jesus lip service. Problem solved.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

241670_62d42e865154ddacd23203fa93c25961_thumb-1.jpg

It's come to the attention of staff that there have been some posts that are teetering on being rule violations, and so to prevent any action, we are requesting that members refresh their memories to the Terms and Christian Forum Rules as a courtesy to the members posting here. Please remember that posting repetitive, similar posts will be considered Spamming the forum. Thanks for your cooperation, and please carry on.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my experience many of your posts simply aren't very reader friendly in the way they're formatted.
Spurious, evasive objection. I format the same way the text books I quote, format. I state a proposition and quote a source which supports the proposition and I indent as many textbooks do. Just for grins I picked up one of my books, "The Trinity: Evidence and Issues" by Robert Morey. I opened it to a random page and at the top Morey says "When we turn to the New Testament we find that the First and the Last is Jesus." Morey then quotes Rev. 1:17 and Rev 22:13 both of which are indented the way I do. When something is indented quotation marks are not required.
Thus hereafter I will consider this objection to be an evasive ploy to avoid dealing with my posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spurious, evasive objection. I format the same way the text books I quote, format. I state a proposition and quote a source which supports the proposition and I indent as many textbooks do. Just for grins I picked up one of my books, "The Trinity: Evidence and Issues" by Robert Morey. I opened it to a random page and at the top Morey says "When we turn to the New Testament we find that the First and the Last is Jesus." Morey then quotes Rev. 1:17 and Rev 22:13 both of which are indented the way I do. When something is indented quotation marks are not required.
Thus hereafter I will consider this objection to be a dishonest evasive ploy to avoid dealing with my posts.

You were complaining that no one reads your posts, so I tried to help you out. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Scripture indicates that all will eventually come to know and confess Jesus as their Lord. This outcome Glorifies God and all that He set out to do, which was to restore the creation that Satan destroyed at the fall of Eden.

All people have sinned.”-Rom 3:23

“Mercy triumphs over judgment.”-James 2:13

“Everyone will be purified.”-Mark 9:49

“All will be drawn to Christ.”-John 12:32

“All of creation will be reconciled back to God.”-Col 1:20

“The Lamb of God takes away the sins of the world. “-John 1:29

“Every knee will bow, in love and adoration to the Lamb of God”.-Phil 2:10

“Everyone will be restored.”-Luke 5:15

“All will know the Lord “.-Hebrews 8:1

“Every creature will praise and honor God forever!"-Revelation 5:13

Universalism applies passages like Acts 3:21 and Colossians 1:20 to mean that God intends to restore all things to their original state of purity through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:18; Hebrews 2:9), so that in the end everyone will be brought into a right relationship with God (1 Corinthians 15:24–28).

But such a view runs counter to the teaching of the Bible that "all who call upon the name of the Lord" will be united to Christ and eternally saved, not all people in general.

Universalism focuses exclusively on God's love and mercy and ignores his holiness, justice, and wrath. It also assumes that God's love depends on what he does for humanity, rather than being a self-existing attribute of God present from eternity, before man was created.

Those who live their lives in union with God in this age will take part in the resurrection to eternal life. However, those who have tasted what God offers and rejected it—"those who have done evil" (John 5:29)—will be resurrected to face their Judge, and then they will be cast into the Lake of Fire and die the second death (see Revelation 20:12-15; 21:8).

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You were complaining that no one reads your posts, so I tried to help you out. You're welcome.
Wrong! You said, more than once IIRC, that you don't read my posts because they are "walls of text." I merely acknowledged that. And you also complained about my scholarly formatting. How is that helping me out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.