Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here we go again. You make claims like this, but provide no evidence to support them. If you want me to take your arguments seriously, you must support every claim you make. Until then, you are just assuming that every claim in the Bible is true.
The OP is about what the bible says, not arguing about whether it is true. To many people what the bible says matters. Like Jesus for example.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,476.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is truth, as is His word. The thread is not about convincing anyone of that. The thread was about how the bible says science is hopelessly hooped.

Okay. So the Bible says things. Doesn't make any difference to me. The Harry Potter books say things as well.

Why did you feel you needed to tell us what the Bible says?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay. So the Bible says things. Doesn't make any difference to me. The Harry Potter books say things as well.

Why did you feel you needed to tell us what the Bible says?
What God says makes a difference to a lot of people. He says man doesn't know one end from the other. There are two types of men, those that know it and those that don't. It gets tiresome listening to people who think they know, but don't.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,476.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What God says makes a difference to a lot of people. He says man doesn't know one end from the other. There are two types of men, those that know it and those that don't. It gets tiresome listening to people who think they know, but don't.

Unfortunately, you can't show me that what God says produces reliable results when applied to reality.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, you can't show me that what God says produces reliable results when applied to reality.
He does that Himself when people seek Him with their whole hearts. This thread was not about proving that the hundreds of fulfilled prophesies, and miracles and changed lives that are part of the history and experience of man are real. I am beyond that, and wish you well on your journey.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,476.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He does that Himself when people seek Him with their whole hearts. This thread was not about proving that the hundreds of fulfilled prophesies, and miracles and changed lives that are part of the history and experience of man are real. I am beyond that, and wish you well on your journey.

In other words, if a person wants to believe, they'll find a way to justify having the belief.

You're also assuming that every single person who seeks God is going to reach the same conclusion as you. Do you really think that's the case? Or are you going to claim that those who seek God and don't find him mustn't have done so with their whole hearts?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In other words, if a person wants to believe, they'll find a way to justify having the belief.

You're also assuming that every single person who seeks God is going to reach the same conclusion as you. Do you really think that's the case? Or are you going to claim that those who seek God and don't find him mustn't have done so with their whole hearts?
I figure God is able to reveal Himself as promised. We do have Scripture, that says, for example Jesus will return one day. So anyone that claims to me that it was revealed to them that Jesus actually will not return will be rejected.

Gal 1:8 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,476.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I figure God is able to reveal Himself as promised. We do have Scripture, that says, for example Jesus will return one day. So anyone that claims to me that it was revealed to them that Jesus actually will not return will be rejected.

Gal 1:8 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Since people have been making that claim for about 1500 years. They've all been wrong. Jesus himself made the claim that he would return before the people with him had died, and I can't begin to tell you the convoluted excuses people have come up with to get around the fact that it didn't happen.

So once again, all you've got is a claim in the Bible and nothing to show that it's actually real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Since people have been making that claim for about 1500 years. They've all been wrong. Jesus himself made the claim that he would return before the people with him had died, and I can't begin to tell you the convoluted excuses people have come up with to get around the fact that it didn't happen.

So once again, all you've got is a claim in the Bible and nothing to show that it's actually real.
Jesus didn't say he would literally return in the same generation that he was leaving. That's simply not true. His spirit however, the spirit of truth was pored out upon all flesh.

If you want to test something of the spirit that is repeatable, test Love.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
True, people seeking God with their whole heart will find him, but the Bible books were written by holy men, some more holy than others. It contains numerous factual errors and exaggerations by the same kind of imperfect men who killed Jesus! They rewrote their history in Babylon because their nationalist egos were crushed by the fall of their nation and the loss of their Temple.

We have ways of roughly calculating the age of the earth, our solar system and surrounding space bodies. Those findings are nothing like the "guess work" of the Israelites who appropriated Mesopotamian lore in crating their own story of origins.

The false doctrine that God penned the Bible is a form of idolatry which keeps believers hopelessly ignorant of the actual truth.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The OP is about what the bible says, not arguing about whether it is true.

Ah. The Bible's wrong, then.

To many people what the bible says matters. Like Jesus for example.

And if Jesus was here right now, I'd be curious about his opinion on the matter.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True, people seeking God with their whole heart will find him, but the Bible books were written by holy men, some more holy than others. It contains numerous factual errors and exaggerations by the same kind of imperfect men who killed Jesus! They rewrote their history in Babylon because their nationalist egos were crushed by the fall of their nation and the loss of their Temple.
All your imagined errors are on your end from a comprehension deficit. Jesus confirmed He sends Scripture and that He fulfilled it.
We have ways of roughly calculating the age of the earth, our solar system and surrounding space bodies.
No. You do not. You thought you did. If nature on earth was not the same as now, you methods are trashed.
Those findings are nothing like the "guess work" of the Israelites who appropriated Mesopotamian lore in crating their own story of origins.
There are no findings. There is a belief system used to attack creation. But that is fine because the bible is a belief system that can be used to attack the evolution belief system. Purely a matter of choice.
The false doctrine that God penned the Bible is a form of idolatry which keeps believers hopelessly ignorant of the actual truth.
Since Jesus was the Chief One that gave us that doctrine, we can believe you...or Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He is here. He also wrote His opinion clearly for us to read. The bible is right.

See how easy that was? Now you are arguing that it's true...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
See how easy that was? Now you are arguing that it's true...
While this particular thread is not about exploring why the bible is true, I accept that it is. For believers who defend evolution and so called science while at the same time claiming to accept the bible, it is a reminder that science ca't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All your imagined errors are on your end from a comprehension deficit. Jesus confirmed He sends Scripture and that He fulfilled it.
No. You do not. You thought you did. If nature on earth was not the same as now, you methods are trashed.
There are no findings. There is a belief system used to attack creation. But that is fine because the bible is a belief system that can be used to attack the evolution belief system. Purely a matter of choice.
Since Jesus was the Chief One that gave us that doctrine, we can believe you...or Him.

The errors have been documented but Bible worshipers are dishonest about those issues and obviously their religion isn't doing much for their character.

Your obsession with this issue is proof that you are insecure about your beliefs.

Jesus never said anywhere in the Bible that God wrote the scripture. He chose true parts and left the rest. Subsequent believers forced Jesus into prophecies that had nothing to do with him.

YEC and the exaggerated stories of the Jews have long since been discredited.

The original gospel of Jesus was largely lost, it was the message for which he was killed.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The errors have been documented but Bible worshipers are dishonest about those issues and obviously their religion isn't doing much for their character.
Nothing of the foolish kind.s demonstrated.
Jesus never said anywhere in the Bible that God wrote the scripture.
Not a jot or tittle of what you say is true.
He chose true parts and left the rest.
Name something He left, and name something He chose that was false?

Subsequent believers forced Jesus into prophecies that had nothing to do with him.
If they believed in Jesus, then they would not say that, since His apostles were promised the Spirit to get the gospel recorded right. Those who claim the gospels and Jesus were wrong are not believers. They are deluded enemies.
The original gospel of Jesus was largely lost, it was the message for which he was killed.
Baseless antichrist rubbish.

Upvote 0