United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Please clarify for me

If you had a opportunity to stop a horrific tragedy you would sit back and watch if the only solution was to use a firearm? This question is for clarification thus must be q yes or no
False dichotomy. I don't carry a firearm nor would I be limited to sitting back and watching without one.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
False dichotomy. I don't carry a firearm nor would I be limited to sitting back and watching without one.
As stated this is for clarification please respond yes or no its simple I feel some of us need to know where your line is so we can have a meaningful discussion

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Just know some people carry to keep people like you and children safe

And who protects me from these 'good guys with guns'? I don't trust random civilians to protect me, if I see someone other than law enforcement with a gun then I swiftly turn around and walk away.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people im referring to conceal carry so you would never know they have a firearm until they are stopping a threat to everyone since you believe LE only please watch the 911 call I posted
And who protects me from these 'good guys with guns'? I don't trust random civilians to protect me, if I see someone other than law enforcement with a gun then I swiftly turn around and walk away.

• Agree
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

I generally will make myself scarce too when I see a civilian with a gun. Unless, of course, that civilian is wearing a bullet proof vest with 'Good Guy' stenciled on it.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people im referring to conceal carry so you would never know they have a firearm until they are stopping a threat to everyone since you believe LE only please watch the 911 call I posted

I generally will make myself scarce too when I see a civilian with a gun. Unless, of course, that civilian is wearing a bullet proof vest with 'Good Guy' stenciled on it.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gregory95 post: 74226759 said:
so you wouldn't want to do everything in your power to keep your family safe certainly you can't be serious when it comes to keeping children safe
Statistically families with guns in their homes are far less safe than gun-free families. So many children have accidentally killed their siblings or themselves. Most people are killed by family members or those close to them. Just a few days ago, a 7 year-old visited his grandmother in her office at school (she was the director of transportation.) She wasn't in her office but her loaded gun was out and the seven year-old brought it out to his classmates and threatened another seven year-old with it. Astonishingly, the grandmother wasn't even suspended---she was just removed from the list of personnel authorized to carry guns.

So yes, I did everything in my power to keep my family safe. Raised three children with only one ER visit (soccer injury). I accomplished this by keeping guns out of our home and our lives.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That happens because people don't teach their kids I was raised around loaded firearms out in the open me or my 2 brothers never had a issue why because my dad had a rule you can see and hold any firearm any time just go get him he will unload it and hand it to you after 2 or 3 times of this I never was curious because my dad took that away by making it advalable its simple child thought process you make somthing a no no kids 2ill wonder why my dad also from a early age explained the dangers if what a firearm can do when not correctly used its common sense people in very happy you have been able to never need a firearm however as I posted early not everyone is as lucky as you and I pose the same question to you

If you had a opportunity to stop a horrific incident but you had to use a firearm to save all those who would be killed would you do it or let it happen this question is for clarification so its a yes or no only to weather you would stop the horrific incident

Statistically families with guns in their homes are far less safe than gun-free families. So many children have accidentally killed their siblings or themselves. Most people are killed by family members or those close to them. Just a few days ago, a 7 year-old visited his grandmother in her office at school (she was the director of transportation.) She wasn't in her office but her loaded gun was out and the seven year-old brought it out to his classmates and threatened another seven year-old with it. Astonishingly, the grandmother wasn't even suspended---she was just removed from the list of personnel authorized to carry guns.

So yes, I did everything in my power to keep my family safe. Raised three children with only one ER visit (soccer injury). I accomplished this by keeping guns out of our home and our lives.

• Agree
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their political differences aside, Beaver said he told O'Rourke, "I respect you for talking to me."

If our political leaders listened to the people instead of the NRA, common sense measures such as universal background checks would be already in place.

[

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My OP was not to compliment Beto, got that? The OP was intended to provide information about the lack of background checks at some gun shows and what gun sellers are saying. The politician could have been Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, etc., etc. it just doesn't matter!

Exactly.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How will that stop criminals from obtaining arms?

Who decides who's "sane" and who's not ?

Pill pushing doctors?

If our political leaders listened to the people instead of the NRA, common sense measures such as universal background checks would be already in place.

[

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It truly is mind boggling schools, garlic festival,movie theaters,military bases, concerts etc etc are all places where you are not allowed to tote around arms ie "gun free zones" yet we have shootings at them yet never heards of a gun show with 1000s of people 1000s of arms 10000s rds of ammo and yet its peaceful hmmm

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many drunk driver wrecks happen because of the car?

You place blame on a object not the person committing the act...

It really makes me wonder do you people really want to help or are you just pushing a feel good agenda because you were told to?

how many shootings happen because of guns?

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It truly is mind boggling schools, garlic festival,movie theaters,military bases, concerts etc etc are all places where you are not allowed to tote around arms ie "gun free zones" yet we have shootings at them yet never heards of a gun show with 1000s of people 1000s of arms 10000s rds of ammo and yet its peaceful hmmm
People go to the bathroom in toilets all over but they never poop DIRECTLY into the water treatment pools.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How many drunk driver wrecks happen because of the car?

You place blame on a object not the person committing the act...

It really makes me wonder do you people really want to help or are you just pushing a feel good agenda because you were told to?
legitimate question: if they didn't have the car would they have been caught drunk driving?

It's not a blame game. I don't give credit to the roof nailer when the roofer reshingles my house but I know that if he'd used a hammer it would have taken in waaaaau longer to get the job done

Upvote 0