✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So back to what I asked yesterday

If you had the opportunity to save many people from a evil person but the only way to stop them is with a firearm
That's the one that they absolutely will not answer. ;)

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Also did you watch the 911 call I posted what if that man had a wife and kids in the house and was unarmed a lot can happen in 12 minutes before police arrived the man had already been attacked before police for there

Now what about those who live far from town like me as a man is it not my duty to provided protection for my family

Why is it counted by some that on my heart was put to be a protector to be a bad thing

Did you see the artical I posted where a man with ar15 type rifle pistol and plate carrier walked into walmart here in Missouri no one got hurt why

A ARMED civilian pulled his pistol and kept the would be shooter until LEO's arrived later because like I keep saying laws are for punishment of those who break it and generally LEO's are only for after the fact as they have to be told where to go then have to get there many times by the time LEOs get there the crime is already committed
No.
I was a police dispatcher.
I've had a gun brandished toward me, more than once. I didn't need to be schooled by someone else's experience.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It litteraly a 911 call no intro really black screen with white words of whats being said during the call how can you preach more gun control but wont look at everything

No.
I've had a gun brandished toward me, more than once. I didn't need to be schooled by someone else's experience.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And for someone so ingrained in LEO culture you sure have a odd view maybe Missouri LEO's are different

I've been pulled over before (just bought a truck had no plates for it yet) he asked if I had any firearms I said yes my Bushmaster xm15 and my glock he took one out of chamber of both put it back in magazine ran numbers to make sure not stolen then told me its my right to have it no issues and wait until he leaves to put one back in chamber also had 4 extra 30rd mags loaded I carry with my loaded bushmaster

My point is where I'm at most LEO not only don't mind civilians with guns they promote it AND many sheriff departments here already stated they will NOT in force more gun control
No.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know its because they can't their ideology puts them in a situation where they can't morally pick either where as to people who have a heart to protect it is a simple

Yes id save people

That's the one that they absolutely will not answer. ;)

• Agree
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It litteraly a 911 call no intro really black screen with white words of whats being said during the call how can you preach more gun control but wont look at everything
I watched both videos.
My opinion is unchanged.

Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
And for someone so ingrained in LEO culture you sure have a odd view maybe Missouri LEO's are different

I've been pulled over before (just bought a truck had no plates for it yet) he asked if I had any firearms I said yes my Bushmaster xm15 and my glock he took one out of chamber of both put it back in magazine ran numbers to make sure not stolen then told me its my right to have it no issues and wait until he leaves to put one back in chamber also had 4 extra 30rd mags loaded I carry with my loaded bushmaster

My point is where I'm at most LEO not only don't mind civilians with guns they promote it AND many sheriff departments here already stated they will NOT in force more gun control
I think it odd that anyone, regardless of where they're from, would be opposed to background checks on gun sales, a system to check ownership of a gun (just like the truck in your anecdote), and mechanisms for removing weapons from those who prove themselves irresponsible.
Again, I'm not anti-gun. otoh, in my opinion, not everyone should be allowed have them.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See if it would actually work it would be different to a degree

But here's the thing it won't why

Criminals don't follow the law

I think it odd that anyone, regardless of where they're from, would be opposed to background checks on gun sales, a system to check ownership of a gun (just like the truck in your anecdote), and mechanisms for removing weapons from those who prove themselves irresponsible.
Again, I'm not anti-gun. otoh, in my opinion, not everyone should be allowed have them.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean look at the war on drugs perfect example and drugs are 100% illegal to those who don't have a script from a doctor yet ain't we the nation with one of the highest drug use rates

Thank you now if the man had a wife kids and was unarmed do you not see how bad it could of been

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I mean look at the war on drugs perfect example and drugs are 100% illegal to those who don't have a script from a doctor yet ain't we the nation with one of the highest drug use rates
Then by all means, let's remove all restrictions on pharmaceuticals.. we can't stop it, so we must do nothing at all.
What I don't get is a mentality that insists on all or nothing. If a regulation is not 100% effective - then do nothing.
That's your hypothetical question in a nut-shell btw, Do nothing or kill with a firearm. As-if there are no alternatives, ever.
I don't understand it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That happens because people don't teach their kids I was raised around loaded firearms out in the open me or my 2 brothers never had a issue why because my dad had a rule you can see and hold any firearm any time just go get him he will unload it and hand it to you after 2 or 3 times of this I never was curious because my dad took that away by making it advalable its simple child thought process you make somthing a no no kids 2ill wonder why my dad also from a early age explained the dangers if what a firearm can do when not correctly used its common sense people in very happy you have been able to never need a firearm however as I posted early not everyone is as lucky as you and I pose the same question to you

Your dad taught you how to act around firearms - that’s great.

Did he or anybody else teach you to use proper punctuation when writing a sentence? I would imagine that somebody along the way did, yet your writing is nearly devoid of punctuation and borders on unintelligible because of it.

I say that not to flame, but to illustrate the fact that, sometimes, people don’t use what they’ve been taught even when it’s in their best interest to do so. “its common sense people”

People go to the bathroom in toilets all over but they never poop DIRECTLY into the water treatment pools.

lol. I have no idea how that response is at all relevant, but I’m still glad I read it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The fact is though some still do drive without a licence
You will never have perfect compliance with any law guy.
It's a moot point to argue that.
You need to create systems that act as detterents or safety gaps.
Just because 2% of people have nefarious purposes from the start with their guns, doesn't mean the other 98% use them properly. If guarantee the numerous incidents of road rage with a fun are not all perpetrated by criminals. Improper use of a fun turns someone into a criminal and not NEARLY every gun owner starts out a criminal but someone become one

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isis recruits online, should we require registration to use the net? won't be 100% but would possibly help or at least will make us feel good "because we tried"

Also irresponsible people have children, should we require registration on having children too ?
Then by all means, let's remove all restrictions on pharmaceuticals.. we can't stop it, so we must do nothing at all.
What I don't get is a mentality that insists on all or nothing. If a regulation is not 100% effective - then do nothing.
That's your hypothetical question in a nut-shell btw, Do nothing or kill with a firearm. As-if there are no alternatives, ever.
I don't understand it.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize calling America a nation of laws is a joke right?

Please tell me did our founders follow the law?

The literal founders of this nation were technically guilty of treason and terrorism, (had they lost they would of been killed) since they won we think of them as heros. However as the saying gose "one mans patriot is anouther mans terrorist"

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was at work so I did not have time, everyone but you seems to be able to read it thought friend.

You’re dad taught you how to act around firearms - that’s great.

Did he or anybody else teach you to use proper punctuation when writing a sentence? I would imagine that somebody along the way did, yet your writing is nearly devoid of punctuation and borders on unintelligible because of it.

I say that not to flame, but to illustrate the fact that, sometimes, people don’t use what they’ve been taught even when it’s in their best interest to do so. “its common sense people”

lol. I have no idea how that response is at all relevant, but I’m still glad I read it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was at work so I did not have time, everyone but you seems to be able to read it thought friend.

So, you chose to disregard your grammar training for what? Convenience?

Why would somebody not similarly disregard their training regarding firearms safety?

Upvote 0