Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was in a service when a man of God walked up to me at the altar, laid his hand on me and told me of a physical ailment of which I had never spoken of to any man. He said God is healing you right now. God did and I am still healed.
My wife's healing happened similarly, in our home. And it was ME that laid hands on her. I was oddly and utterly compelled to do so, completely out of the blue. It wasn't me...

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife's healing happened similarly, in our home. And it was ME that laid hands on her. I was oddly and utterly compelled to do so, completely out of the blue. It wasn't me...

Of course it was not you.

As a husband who loves his wife I am sure that you touched her, you agreed with her that you wanted her to feel better.

God heard your prayers and answered them.

James 5:13-16........
"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. "

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course it was not you.
When I say it "wasn't me", what I meant was it was almost like being "possessed". You know how you can sometimes get into a trance where you're just staring somewhere and you ether consciously force yourself to stop staring or you just go with it until it passes? That is kinda what this was like. I was being strongly compelled to the point that I just "went with it". This was for a problem she had had for a while. I experienced nothing like it before or since. And yes, I believe it was the Lord doing the compelling.

Interesting side story: I told a local "lay pastor" about this and he had had a similar experience. As he described it:

"Part of my job is to visit people in the hospital that are clearly dying. I'm there to offer comfort, pray for "healing" and the usual things you would expect a pastor to do. Usually when someone is at death's door, you pray for healing, but you know where it is headed.

"But one day I was dealing with a young man who had been in a severe motorcycle accident and they needed someone to pray over him before his death, which was imminent. When I was praying, I was somehow being compelled to believe that this guy was not going to die. It was as though I'd already seen his future. So I prayed that he would live, and believed with all my heart that the prayer was answered without even really giving it any thought.

"And he was, in fact, completely healed."

Those are not really even faith healings. It's like it was not "our decision based on our own faith". It was something else.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It never is the man. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It makes a real difference when people go to an actual meeting and get an accurate prophecy that actually comes to pass. There would be thousands of others with the same experience as yours. It is a pity that people zero in on one or two error prophecies and rubbish the man's whole ministry and then construct a whole lot of fake news to discredit him. Also, about the prophecies that some label as fake. How long did it take for the prophecy over your wife take to be fulfilled? Not right away I'm guessing, so in the meantime anyone could have accused him of giving a false prophecy in your case, but at the right time it came to pass, proving the prophecy absolutely true!

Joel's prophecy about the coming of the Holy Spirit was not fulfilled until 800 years later at the day of Pentecost. People in his day could have understandably called him a false prophet because his prophecy did not come in their lifetime, nor in the life times of many generations after. But it did come to pass, and Peter quoted it as being fulfilled when he preached to the crowd.

So we have no way of knowing whether Benny's "false" prophecies will come to pass in our lifetimes or some time in the future. Future events will tell the story and if they do actually come to pass in the future, there will be a few with egg on their faces when they stand before Christ in glory.

The prophecy that was given to my wife about being given a foreign husband
took about six years to come to pass........
the part about her travelling all over the world working for Jesus is yet to
fully come to pass........
but she travelled a lot when she was a teenager so she certainly is set up for that
to come to pass.......

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The clip didn't go long enough to hear the whole sermon in context. That's what deceivers do. They show just a little bit of a message instead of the complete one in context, just like making a doctrine out of half a verse while when the whole verse is read it gives a whole different story. This is a very deceptive and very dishonest way of trying to prove a point. I want to hear how he justifies his view, not take word of a deceiver who shows a one and a half minute clip of a half hour message.
The whole context is certainly important, but every sentence also stands on its own. "There are nine of them" and "The Holy Spirit has a body" are statements that are not Biblical. You can pick any scripture out of the Bible and read it by itself and we often do, otherwise no one could ever quote scripture due to the argument of context. So, back to his statements, they are wacked, out of bounds. I actually read a book on the Holy Spirit by Hinn, but don't remember anything that outside. I'd be curious to hear how he explains those statements.
In his defense, Ill say we all err in our theology at times. I know people have thought mine is wacked too!:preach:
Also, what I've noticed is that some have a spiritual gift in one area, sometimes a couple. They may use their gift and think that they can teach or prophesy, when they aren't gifted in that area. So the false prophesies come out and the false teaching too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The whole context is certainly important, but every sentence also stands on its own. "There are nine of them" and "The Holy Spirit has a body" are statements that are not Biblical. You can pick any scripture out of the Bible and read it by itself and we often do, otherwise no one could ever quote scripture due to the argument of context. So, back to his statements, they are wacked, out of bounds. I actually read a book on the Holy Spirit by Hinn, but don't remember anything that outside. I'd be curious to hear how he explains those statements.
In his defense, Ill say we all err in our theology at times. I know people have thought mine is wacked too!:preach:
Also, what I've noticed is that some have a spiritual gift in one area, sometimes a couple. They may use their gift and think that they can teach or prophesy, when they aren't gifted in that area. So the false prophesies come out and the false teaching too.
I don't believe his Trinity doctrine. It is imaginary, but an interesting concept. I don't know what God thinks about it, but I suspect that He will be thinking, "Oh well, another flight of fancy, but not really important. There's better fish to fry than that silly bit of fantasy." If Benny was teaching that people had to believe that doctrine in order to be right with God or truly saved, then it would be quite a different matter. Then, we could rightly say that he is becoming a false teacher because he is making the doctrine essential to salvation and drawing people away from the pure and foundational gospel.

Also, we must realise that prophecies are given by faith. We have the treasure and the gifts in human vessels. The human can get in the way and although the prophecy may originate from the Holy Spirit, the human interpretation of it can get in the way and skew the prophecy in a direction that God does not intend for it to go. If God inspires a prophecy, it is important to say the word exactly how they come, and not try to add one's own interpretation to them. That's where a lot of prophecies go wrong.

Also, a prophecy may come that disagrees with the person's theology, so instead of giving the prophecy as the Spirit inspires it, the person could alter it to fit in with his theological views. That's another reason why prophecies go wrong. This is why prophecy has to be judged by those who are experienced in the prophetic and if a prophecy is not in harmony with the teaching of the Scriptures, then the prophecy has to be ignored.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It never is the man. Thanks for sharing.
I heard a preacher relating the story of how Smith Wigglesworth, the famous British healing evangelist of the early 20th Century laying his hand on a sick person in a meeting and the person was instantly healed in front of everyone. The preacher said to the Lord, "I could never do that!" And the Lord replied, "Neither could he." When you think about that, the realisation comes...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
ABC News Co.
NBC News Co.
FOX News Co.
United States Senate Committee on Finance

And the fact remains that Not a single one of Hinn’s miracles has ever been verified, though many have been proven to be temporary or false.
Just because the man is being investigated, it doesn't mean that the outcome will be negative. Donald Trump had his health issues investigated and some were reporting that because of that he was unfit through health reasons to continue in office, yet the results gave him to totally clean bill of health. A person is innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the fact remains that Not a single one of Hinn’s miracles has ever been verified, though many have been proven to be temporary or false.

I had a Christian brother ask me if I had an x-ray to back my claim. He may have needed that but I sure didn't. Does anyone living today have a movie of Christ rising from the dead?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The preacher said to the Lord, "I could never do that!" And the Lord replied, "Neither could he." When you think about that, the realisation comes...

Oh my, did you just open another can of worms? Some here will have a breakdown over that statement.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are not really even faith healings. It's like it was not "our decision based on our own faith". It was something else.

When the evangelist walked up to me at the alter and told what my problem was, I was not even praying about it or thinking of it at that time. It was a gift of healing from a loving and merciful God.

• Winner
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh my, did you just open another can of worms? Some here will have a breakdown over that statement.
Especially those who make claims that they have a special gift of healing. The gifts of healing belong to the Holy Spirit and He allows the Church to make use of them. No one owns the gift of healing. Only the Holy Spirit can heal people and He is sovereign. He decides whether a person is healed or not. A believer lays his hands on a sick person in obedience to God's Word, and the Holy Spirit then does the actual healing, if He wants to at that time. He might do it instantly (to accredit the believer in his ministry) or He might bring recovery over a period of time, or He might give the doctors a special wisdom to do what is needed to make the person well. We can't put the Holy Spirit in a box. He does things the way He sees fit, not as a vending machine to do what we want every time we press the spiritual "button".

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When the evangelist walked up to me at the alter and told what my problem was, I was not even praying about it or thinking of it at that time. It was a gift of healing from a loving and merciful God.
That was the Holy Spirit working through the evangelist's faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So what if Benny has a private airplane to fly around the world. Every celebrity and rock star who has gigs around the world either has a private jet or needs one! What's so different about Benny. He travels extensively around the world to conduct his ministry and using a private airplane is a practical and sensible thing to do. What is his alternative? Flying by commercial airlines in cattle class? Waiting around airports to get his luggage off the conveyor belt? Come on. Many prominent businessmen with international connections have their own private jets to get them around. For Benny it is a useful and essential ministry tool and without it, he could end up exhausted and burned out with all the international travelling that he does. Only those who have travelled on long distance flights around the world know how tiring that is and how little sleep one gets on those flights, having to sit upright for more than 12 hours at a time. If I was an international ministry and regularly flew 12 hours at a time to get someone, I would be needing a private plane too, just to relax, rest, and sleep properly on the journey without the noise of drunken passengers and crying babies on commercial flights.

Exactly.... and by the time you add in his worship team......
choir and back up prayer warriors........ he could well be taking
thirty or more support staff to each place where he goes.......
which would add up to serious bucks if his ministry had to buy
commercial airline tickets for all of them.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Especially those who make claims that they have a special gift of healing. The gifts of healing belong to the Holy Spirit and He allows the Church to make use of them. No one owns the gift of healing. Only the Holy Spirit can heal people and He is sovereign. He decides whether a person is healed or not. A believer lays his hands on a sick person in obedience to God's Word, and the Holy Spirit then does the actual healing, if He wants to at that time. He might do it instantly (to accredit the believer in his ministry) or He might bring recovery over a period of time, or He might give the doctors a special wisdom to do what is needed to make the person well. We can't put the Holy Spirit in a box. He does things the way He sees fit, not as a vending machine to do what we want every time we press the spiritual "button".
According to 1 Cor. 12 the Holy Spirit gives the gift of healing to specific people as He does the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, working of miracles, prophecy, discernment of spirits, tongues and interpretation of tongues. "The manisfistation of the Spirit is given to each one for the prophet of all." The Spirit works all these things through them, but through specifically chosen ones - not everyone has these gifts or should I say is chosen to be a vessel through which He manifests Himself.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have copied this thread from another forum to give a more general group of people from different denominations the opportunity to respond without getting themselves into trouble. I would appreciate if people didn't aim comments at me personally, but to comment on the issues instead. Then we can have a good, even if very spirited discussion for and against what I might be implying. Here is the post I entered in the other forum:

I know that there have been threads on this topic before and there has been quite a range of views, some very supportive, and others fairly harsh and unloving toward him.
The first question to be asked - Is he a born again Christian brother? If he is, then we have to love him as Christ loves us, because if we cannot love him like that, we know really know God at all, because God is pure love.
The next question I have is, does he preach the Lordship of Christ, the need to receive Christ as Saviour, the need to repent, and the necessity of living a holy life before God? If so, he cannot be a false preacher or teacher, because he is teaching the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
The next question is: are the manifestations of falling over in the Spirit and other manifestation associated with his ministry true or false? Well, if he is preaching truth as I have defined above, there is a good indication that the manifestations are true also.
Do we all agree with what he does and how he does it? No, and this is quite normal because we all have different perspectives and callings. We all do things differently, but because there is a diversity of gifts, callings and methods, that doesn't mean that just because we disagree, that it is actually false and not of God.

A false teacher or preacher is not a genuine born again believer in Christ. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He does not promote the Lordship of Christ, quite the opposite, he will promote New Age self dependence, and say that Number One is the most important person to be considered (by that I mean self, and self improvement). He will also promote liberalism in that it is not necessary to live a holy life, because Jesus forgave all sin, so it won't matter if we keep sinning. We won't be subject to any consequences if we sleep around, get involved in the occult, consult fortune tellers, because psychics can guide people just as well as the Holy Spirit. This is how the New Testament defines a false prophet, teacher, or preacher.

Just because a Charismatic preacher has unusual manifestations in his meetings and whole groups of people are slain in the Spirit, it doesn't mean that he is a false teacher. Actually, God is not very concerned about manifestations unless they are so out of control that they promote riotous living and lawlessness and a lack of self-control in people's daily living.

I just thought I would chuck that into the pot and see what boils up.
Jesus told us that we will know them by their fruits, not their correct doctrines. God warns us that that there will be those supposing that gain is godliness. From such, turn away.

Paul said this.

“I desire not yours, but you.”, and his manner of life and his becoming abased that others might abound was the pattern he set for others to follow. Are we?

May God open our eyes to our blindness and lack of passion and compassion for others before we, as all will do, have to give account to our merciful but just Heavenly Father for our own lives, let alone the lives of excessive wolves in sheeps clothing fleecing the sheep by tickling their itching ears.

It is not too late but the hour draws near when the trap shall be sprung, and many expecting to hear “Well done” will instead begin to weep, wail and gnash their teeth when they realize that self never was cast off. Religious flesh is far more insidious than carnal flesh, for those this affected are blinded to their lack.

Blessings,

Gideon

• Winner
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Religious flesh is far more insidious than carnal flesh, for those this affected are blinded to their lack.
Been encountering this in intercession a lot lately, after all this time Jesus still has compassion on the multitude.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.