Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Benny was mentored by Kathryn Khulman
Just saying that she died of cancer stadium 4 and first she refused to rcv hospital treatment, later she gave up and went to hospital, too late, she died at the hospital.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a friendly warning that this is a Spirit-filled forum and the majority of members here would support ministries like Benny Hinn's, or at least be non committal about it.

You asked whether bh is true or false, then you hear people's opinion and then you are not happy with it, why need asking people's opinion ?

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In a best case scenario, I find teachers like Hinn, to be a stumbling block to many little ones. And when I read "Lord have we not done great things in Your name?", people like Hinn come to mind. Unfortunately is the case. Lord have mercy on my ignorance.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True or False ? I'm not saying a thing,

this is what people has said in a video.

BH people gave an interview to screen people, who would be allowed to go to the stage and rcv the miracles.

It happened in my country that some people from hospital's ICU were taken by ambulance to BH's revival by their family hoping for miracle, they just ended up disappointed, they were not even allowed to go to the stage to meet BH, and returned to hospital in ambulance. this is just a common story. I'm not saying a thing against BH though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Hard to believe people follow this guy.

Right after he stated "There's Nine Of Them" the camera move to a guy laughing, just like I am!

A phony he is!
One sign of His coming is the explosion of false teaching and deceivers who come in the name of Christ.
Many deceivers will deceive many people. And those deceived will spread the deceptions. Some of these deceivers will also show great signs and wonders.

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hard to believe people follow this guy.

Right after he stated "There's Nine Of Them" the camera move to a guy laughing, just like I am!

A phony he is!

Oscarr believes that BH is leading people to Jesus however BH teaches that we humans are equal to Jesus thus IMHO he is leading them to the fulfillment of a Bible prophecy.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Doctrine matters to GOD. Many professed Christians will be lost according to the above verse. Be careful as to what doctrine you follow.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Testimony of Benny Hinn's nephew, Costi Hinn

Benny Hinn Is My Uncle, but Prosperity Preaching Isn’t for Me
Other doubts would surface. What about unsuccessful healing attempts? I learned that it was the sick person’s fault for doubting God. Why would we speak in tongues without interpretation? “Don’t quench the Spirit,” I was told. “He can do what he wants.” Why did many of our prophecies contradict the Bible? “Don’t put God in a box.” Despite the questions, I trusted my family because we were so successful. Tens of thousands of people followed us, millions packed stadiums annually to hear my uncle. We healed the sick, performed miracles, rubbed elbows with celebrities, and got incredibly wealthy. God must be on our side! .....

Great testimony all should read it in its entirety.

Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I attended a Benny Hinn convention in Anaheim, CA. about 25 years ago. I was a fairly new believer, an infant. His teaching sounded Biblical at the tone. What I noticed was that He worships the Lord, sings, praises to quite some time before any teaching or healings. I read they when he was young, he had a speech impediment, a stuffer and an obvious fear of speaking on front of people. He claims God healed him one day and called him to the ministry. He claims that God heals and the gift of healing as the Apostles healed was still alive to today. I have never been slain in the Spirit as I saw people on stage were. I have felt His presence, but not to the point of falling down drunk. I don't know anyone who was healed by God through Him, so I don't know how true that is. Years later, my Pastor checked Benny out, ( Pastor Zac Nazarrian, a former PhD of Chemistry, so pretty smart.) He thought he was a charlatan and his healings were unsubstantiated. That was his problem, he couldn't prove any of these people were legitimate, with medical documents, witnesses, etc. Zac rebuked him up front and Benny looked at him and said, "You can't attack God's anointed servant". So he was adamant.
As I grew in my faith, I became less interested in Televangelists. I've seen great teachers, but I've also know that lots of money flowing into your ministry can be a temptation. Maybe a few healings happened then stopped, so not to disappoint the crowd, planted a few frauds in there ... so they didnt look bad. Who knows, but to keep drawing people, the show must go on.
I didnt see blind or deaf people getting healed at these events. Again many of these healings, (if not all) are unsubstantiated claims. I just don't know for sure about that part of it. I just haven't given Benny a thought since then. ???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have copied this thread from another forum to give a more general group of people from different denominations the opportunity to respond without getting themselves into trouble. I would appreciate if people didn't aim comments at me personally, but to comment on the issues instead. Then we can have a good, even if very spirited discussion for and against what I might be implying. Here is the post I entered in the other forum:

I know that there have been threads on this topic before and there has been quite a range of views, some very supportive, and others fairly harsh and unloving toward him.
The first question to be asked - Is he a born again Christian brother? If he is, then we have to love him as Christ loves us, because if we cannot love him like that, we know really know God at all, because God is pure love.
The next question I have is, does he preach the Lordship of Christ, the need to receive Christ as Saviour, the need to repent, and the necessity of living a holy life before God? If so, he cannot be a false preacher or teacher, because he is teaching the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
The next question is: are the manifestations of falling over in the Spirit and other manifestation associated with his ministry true or false? Well, if he is preaching truth as I have defined above, there is a good indication that the manifestations are true also.
Do we all agree with what he does and how he does it? No, and this is quite normal because we all have different perspectives and callings. We all do things differently, but because there is a diversity of gifts, callings and methods, that doesn't mean that just because we disagree, that it is actually false and not of God.

A false teacher or preacher is not a genuine born again believer in Christ. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He does not promote the Lordship of Christ, quite the opposite, he will promote New Age self dependence, and say that Number One is the most important person to be considered (by that I mean self, and self improvement). He will also promote liberalism in that it is not necessary to live a holy life, because Jesus forgave all sin, so it won't matter if we keep sinning. We won't be subject to any consequences if we sleep around, get involved in the occult, consult fortune tellers, because psychics can guide people just as well as the Holy Spirit. This is how the New Testament defines a false prophet, teacher, or preacher.

Just because a Charismatic preacher has unusual manifestations in his meetings and whole groups of people are slain in the Spirit, it doesn't mean that he is a false teacher. Actually, God is not very concerned about manifestations unless they are so out of control that they promote riotous living and lawlessness and a lack of self-control in people's daily living.

I just thought I would chuck that into the pot and see what boils up.

1) The fruit of a ministry that big is not a reflection on one person.
2) Since I don't know this person individually, examining "the fruit" is not possible.
3) I've known born again people to go through a stage where they are "running on empty" and manifesting the flesh instead of the spirit, and also some hurt by the church and went in the complete opposite direction only to return later. So in a sense, only God can really know who a person is and whether they were born again.
That's all I have to say about Benny Hinn.

In terms of the ministry, it seems to be a form of entertainment, people get zapped and feel alive for a little bit then go back to what they were doing afterwards ... there are "crusades" but this does not change the city like the revivals of old.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are these "investigative groups" are guys who are ministry nobodies who have been frustrated with the lack of invitations to preach anywhere, so they have set up their own websites to publish their views and opinions, and are viewed by just a few followers who agree with them?

And who are these (unnamed) "old friends" who are saying these things? Are they prominent ministries in the body of Christ? Or are they friends of the "investigative" website owners who tend to rubbish every prominent ministry that is out there.

My mother used to sit in her lounge and say "Everyone in Blenheim (my home town) says such and such" when no one except her wacky friend said anything of the sort.

There is no point me naming the prominent sound ministries whose comments about Benny could be accurate, one way or the other, because, given your history of comments, you would run them down and say they are false as well and that birds of a feather flock together.

So we are stuck with generalised gossip and innuendo which is pretty unreliable information.

The U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
ABC News Co.
NBC News Co.
FOX News Co.
United States Senate Committee on Finance

And the fact remains that Not a single one of Hinn’s miracles has ever been verified, though many have been proven to be temporary or false.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) The fruit of a ministry that big is not a reflection on one person.
2) Since I don't know this person individually, examining "the fruit" is not possible.
3) I've known born again people to go through a stage where they are "running on empty" and manifesting the flesh instead of the spirit, and also some hurt by the church and went in the complete opposite direction only to return later. So in a sense, only God can really know who a person is and whether they were born again.
That's all I have to say about Benny Hinn.

In terms of the ministry, it seems to be a form of entertainment, people get zapped and feel alive for a little bit then go back to what they were doing afterwards ... there are "crusades" but this does not change the city like the revivals of old.

Again I ask...........IF anyone had a gift from God to heal the sick, WHY would they be in a "Convention Center" with thousands of people INSTEAD OF IN A HOSPITAL HEALING THE SICK!"

Could it be that in a Convention Center or Stadium or Church.....They take up a love offering for his performance????

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who believes That?

In my case the evangelist told me to my face God is healing you, taking no credit for himself.

Who believes that???
The millions of people who watch Religious TV faith frauds fake healings. The people who keep Mr. Hinn and the others living in $10 Million dollar homes and private jets.

I Agreed! It is God who heals and God certainly still heals sick people.
But physical healing is not included in the atonement and NO man has that gift today.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for the advice. I did go back and reread it. I‘m not sure what your point is. If it has to do with the gospel Paul preached, I agree we should not deviated from what Paul preached. We still have a problem here that needs to be addressed, which interpretation of what Paul preached should we accept?

My example;

1 Corinthians chapters 12,13 &14, do we go with the interpretation this has all been done away with or the interpretation that it is still for us today?

If I missed your intended point please clarify.

You are actually correct my friend. The CONTEXT of 1 Corth. 12, 13, and 14 is all about one thing......."GIFTS".

And in chapter 13 he says that they all come to end and cease!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.