Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have copied this thread from another forum to give a more general group of people from different denominations the opportunity to respond without getting themselves into trouble. I would appreciate if people didn't aim comments at me personally, but to comment on the issues instead. Then we can have a good, even if very spirited discussion for and against what I might be implying. Here is the post I entered in the other forum:

I know that there have been threads on this topic before and there has been quite a range of views, some very supportive, and others fairly harsh and unloving toward him.
The first question to be asked - Is he a born again Christian brother? If he is, then we have to love him as Christ loves us, because if we cannot love him like that, we know really know God at all, because God is pure love.
The next question I have is, does he preach the Lordship of Christ, the need to receive Christ as Saviour, the need to repent, and the necessity of living a holy life before God? If so, he cannot be a false preacher or teacher, because he is teaching the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
The next question is: are the manifestations of falling over in the Spirit and other manifestation associated with his ministry true or false? Well, if he is preaching truth as I have defined above, there is a good indication that the manifestations are true also.
Do we all agree with what he does and how he does it? No, and this is quite normal because we all have different perspectives and callings. We all do things differently, but because there is a diversity of gifts, callings and methods, that doesn't mean that just because we disagree, that it is actually false and not of God.

A false teacher or preacher is not a genuine born again believer in Christ. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He does not promote the Lordship of Christ, quite the opposite, he will promote New Age self dependence, and say that Number One is the most important person to be considered (by that I mean self, and self improvement). He will also promote liberalism in that it is not necessary to live a holy life, because Jesus forgave all sin, so it won't matter if we keep sinning. We won't be subject to any consequences if we sleep around, get involved in the occult, consult fortune tellers, because psychics can guide people just as well as the Holy Spirit. This is how the New Testament defines a false prophet, teacher, or preacher.

Just because a Charismatic preacher has unusual manifestations in his meetings and whole groups of people are slain in the Spirit, it doesn't mean that he is a false teacher. Actually, God is not very concerned about manifestations unless they are so out of control that they promote riotous living and lawlessness and a lack of self-control in people's daily living.

I just thought I would chuck that into the pot and see what boils up.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
Hi

I think there's more to this than simply manifestations, he's preached false doctrine in the past - including that the Trinity has 9 persons in it! That for me is all I needed to know.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi

I think there's more to this than simply manifestations, he's preached false doctrine in the past - including that the Trinity has 9 persons in it! That for me is all I needed to know.
Were you in his meeting and actually heard him preach that? Can you direct me to a Youtube video of his whole message where he made that comment? Then I can judge for myself instead of just receiving your comment on face value. You see, I am like a Berean. I search things out thoroughly before coming to a conclusion and making a judgement.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
Were you in his meeting and actually heard him preach that? Can you direct me to a Youtube video of his whole message where he made that comment? Then I can judge for myself instead of just receiving your comment on face value. You see, I am like a Berean. I search things out thoroughly before coming to a conclusion and making a judgement.

Hi

I'll look for this later (I'm at work!), there certainly is an audio youtube video, I've seen it. There is also a news article about his offices being raided last year by US authorities, though I've only seen the headlines.

I'll try and look for this tonight :)

I totally agree with you, we do need to check everything against Scripture.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does that make him false? Making a lot of money, buying himself an aircraft

Matt 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

If we use the church donation to live in luxury it is on the contrary with the way Jesus lives.
In fact Jesus could make Himself the richest man from donation of the people but He didnt.

Jesus taught that we should use our financial resources to help the poor and needy through benevolence, remember the story of poor Lazarus and the rich man, God has entrusted the poor to the rich, Lazarus was neglected by the
rich men, thats why God must send the ignorant rich to hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus taught that we should not depend upon our resources, but upon God, as the source of our supply, trusting him to meet our essential family needs (Matthew 6:9-13, 19-34; Luke 12:22-34).

Benny asks 2.5 million dollar for his luxury life style, why ?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I will answer your request of DW

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know he lives in luxury?
The jet, the mansion, the yacht, the bodyguards, he is a regular customer at the most expensive boutique in Paris, etc. thats not my business.

But we need to live a humble life with the church money dont we ?

Last edited:
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I need a third option...

1. True
2. False
3. A tough pill to swallow!
Maybe our old mate Benny has the same attitude as John Wesley in your signature quote!

• Haha
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I will answer your request of DW

The clip didn't go long enough to hear the whole sermon in context. That's what deceivers do. They show just a little bit of a message instead of the complete one in context, just like making a doctrine out of half a verse while when the whole verse is read it gives a whole different story. This is a very deceptive and very dishonest way of trying to prove a point. I want to hear how he justifies his view, not take word of a deceiver who shows a one and a half minute clip of a half hour message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The clip didn't go long enough to hear the whole sermon in context. That's what deceivers do. They show just a little bit of a message instead of the complete one in context, just like making a doctrine out of half a verse while when the whole verse is read it gives a whole different story. This is a very deceptive and very dishonest way of trying to prove a point. I want to hear how he justifies his view, not take word of a deceiver who shows a one and a half minute clip of a half hour message.

I wish I had the full sermon for you but I don't at this time

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are saying that Benny is an ignorant rich man

Please read this news, Benny was sued by the family of a woman who died at his revival, the woman was crushed by the mass on the stage who felt down on her body by the swing of Benny's power.
She desperately cried for hours on stage without anybody's paying attention, people thought she was slain in the spirit !

Did you think Benny would be willing to compensate without a fight at court ?

Suit Against Faith Healer Settled

Reactions: Boogaloo
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I watched enough on YouTube of what Benny was getting at about the Trinity. Sounds quite logical to me. He is not saying there are three Gods He is saying that God is one inThree persons. Then he is comparing our triune spirit soul and body and saying that each person in the godhead is similar. That could very well be an error of speculation but it doesn't make him a false teacher. He does not incite or teach lawlessness so he cannot be a false teacher as the New Teatament describes a false teacher. Calvinists could say that Arminians are false teachers and Aminians could say the same about Calvinists. But they don't. David Koresh was a false teacher because he set himself up as the new messiah. I think that those who use this to discredit Benny have more deception in them than Benny has.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I wish I had the full sermon for you but I don't at this time
See my recent post. I don't think he is any worse than anyone else who makes a speculative statement about things that are not clearly explained in the Bible. Speculating over some obscurity doesn't make him false.

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it is very much like what is going on in Acts 16.

16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.

There is this idea that all evil spirits are against salvation, but some have their own personal desires at heart and are willing to attach themselves like a parasite. Those are the most dangerous because they are nearly invisible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.