Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Read the four Gospels in the light of the Old Testament Scriptures, because that is all they had when Jesus was ministering. List the things that Jesus did that were not taught in those Scriptures. Does that make Jesus a false teacher? If the things that Jesus did were not expressly stated in the OT Scriptures then you have to say that He was a false teacher by your estimation.

Oh PLease!! So you are saying that Benny Hinn is a savage wolf who is not sparing the flock? Is he drawing disciples away from Christ after him? Or is he, during the worship times in his services giving glory to God and getting people to turn their eyes upon Christ and worship Him as king of kings and Lord of Lords? Does a savage wolf cause thousands of people to accept Christ as Saviour? If Benny Hinn does those things, then you are misapplying the Scripture. Paul is talking about what was going to happen in his time, and what actually took place were the Arian and Gnostic heresies. Those heresies were the ones that infiltrated Christian assemblies and drew disciples away from Christ.

But all these things happened in the Great Awakening, the Hebrides, and the Welsh Revivals! So you are saying that Jonathan Edwards, Charles Finney, Duncan Campbell, and Evan Roberts were false teachers? They had all those happen during their ministries. John Wesley, George Fox, George Whitefield, General Booth, and D.L. Moody had all these happen in their meetings too! So they were false teachers as well!

I'd say that he was talking about those who had a demon criticising spirit instead of the Holy Spirit inspiring their comments about his ministry. Anyone who is controlled by a demonic criticising spirit is under a curse that needs to be broken off them.
I can also understand that in the face of savage criticising wolves in sheep's clothing setting themselves as judges of good men's ministries the man could revert to the flesh, as we all would under that sort of stress. After all, the guy is human like all the rest of us. And, all the other men of God I mentioned had to put up with the same wolves in sheep's clothing attacking their ministries in their time. Nothing new here. If that is all you've got, then you aren't a very good critic. Perhaps you need more training in criticism of ministries.

I certainly have no reason to doubt that. I can only deal with the issues you are raising, and I have no comment about your own personal goals and intentions for the general body of Christ, because I don't know you, nor have I met you in person, therefore I have no basis of judgment of you as a person. But in your role of critic, that is quite another matter.

Quite so, but they investigated the matters deeply and comprehensively. Because they had just the Jewish Scriptures, they would find no precedent in them for what Paul was doing and saying, so they had to determine whether Paul was acting in harmony with the Scriptures, and they found that he was. This was after very careful investigation, searching the Scriptures thorough to see if the Scriptures exposed any fault with the gospel he was preaching, and they would have interviewed witnesses, heard his preaching and attended his meetings.

If you have done the same concerning Benny Hinn then you could compare yourself with the Bereans. If not, then that passage about the Bereans does not apply to where you obtained your information.
But the Jews, who knew the Scriptures back to front and upside down called Paul a charlatan and a fake, and did all they could to undermine his ministry, because what Paul did was not expressly stated in their Scriptures. They killed Jesus for exactly the same reason they couldn't believe He was the Messiah, because they could equate the things He was doing with what they saw in the Scriptures about who the Messiah was supposed to be and what He was supposed to do. Who ever heard of their Messiah being born in a stable in a small provincial town to a 15 year old girl who was not married when she first became pregnant? That wasn't stated in their Scriptures. Who ever heard of their Messiah, who was supposed to come and establish the sovereign state of Israel again, being taken and crucified by the Romans? If you were a Jewish rabbi seeking to build up the faith of your Jewish brethren and you saw Jesus doing a whole lot of stuff that you couldn't see in the Scriptures you had, wouldn't you have called Him a false prophet and teacher? Come on. Be honest.

It took Jesus through revelation for the two disciples at Emmaus to learn how Jesus was spoken of all throughout the Jewish Scriptures. They nor the Pharisees could have ever seen it otherwise. What we may see in hindsight, it would have been impossible for them to see.
So, which of those are true or false teachers?

That's a defense of your not wanting to admit the falsehood that Benny Hinn teaches.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I went to a Benny Hinn meeting at the Excel Centre, London in 2006.

On the same day I saw a Baptist brother street preaching at Piccadilly Circus. I got more from God out of the street preacher.

God Bless All :)

lismore,

No wonder you got more from the street preacher when we know of 'Benny Hinn’s False Prophecies'.

Oz

P.S. We have a city in NSW Australia called, Lismore.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think it is important to remember that with topics like this, there will be a lot of reactions based on envy of the man's success.

Who has demonstrated that in this thread?

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Who has demonstrated that in this thread?
I believe pointing fingers to particular people violates the flaming rules of this forum. thanks for asking tho.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Read the four Gospels in the light of the Old Testament Scriptures, because that is all they had when Jesus was ministering. List the things that Jesus did that were not taught in those Scriptures. Does that make Jesus a false teacher? If the things that Jesus did were not expressly stated in the OT Scriptures then you have to say that He was a false teacher by your estimation.

Oscarr,

This is a false analogy.

Who is Jesus?
  • 'Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"' (John 14:6 NIV). Jesus could NOT be a false teacher when he is "the truth".
  • “You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me” (John 18:37 NIV).
Nothing Jesus could say or do was counter to the truth. He could not be a false teacher when he was the truth and came into the world to testify to the truth.

upload_2018-1-19_13-10-21.jpeg

Oz

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That's a defense of your not wanting to admit the falsehood that Benny Hinn teaches.

So, when Benny preaches salvation in Christ, repentance, love for God and His Word, the grace and mercy of God in healing folk, the need for holiness, and has extended times of praise and worship in his services, then all these are false teaching. Jesus said that a bad tree bears bad fruit, that is true, but Benny shows mainly good fruit coming out of his ministry with thousands of souls coming to Christ, becoming stable and effective church members and missionaries, many winning multitudes of souls themselves. It is very true that a good fruit tree can have a few bad fruit on it, but that doesn't make it a bad tree.

By the way, how many souls have been won to Christ, have become long term church members or missionaries, in turn winning souls for Christ themselves, as the result of your ministry ? Do you have the quality of fruit in your work for Christ that Benny has?

So what if he, like all the rest of us, gets things wrong once in a while? I got warned on this forum recently for going over the top with some of my views about the nature of the church, which I realised were not correct. What does that make me? A false teacher in general? A heretic? Or an ordinary believer who made a mistake?

Perhaps Benny, being more famous and prominent, that he suffers from the Tall Poppy syndrome that when he makes mistakes he is as the chicken in the yard with the longest neck he is the one most likely to be the one chosen to get his head chopped off next time the household wants roast chicken for supper.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscarr,

This is a false analogy.

Who is Jesus?
  • 'Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"' (John 14:6 NIV). Jesus could NOT be a false teacher when he is "the truth".
  • “You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me” (John 18:37 NIV).
Nothing Jesus could say or do was counter to the truth. He could not be a false teacher when he was the truth and came into the world to testify to the truth.

View attachment 218594

Oz
You are looking back at the acts of Jesus in hind sight through the accounts in the Gospels, which were written years after Jesus' time in Israel. If you were a Scripture believing Pharisee living at the same time as the earthly ministry of Jesus, you would have condemned Him as a false teacher, false prophet, magician, and casting out demons through the prince of demons. Those Pharisees were the great Bible teachers of their time. All of them, except for the few who decided to believe in Him, honestly and sincerely believed that He was a fake, because they could see nothing in the Scriptures that supported what He was doing.

It was only when the Risen Jesus revealed to the two disciples at Emmaus how the Scriptures spoke about Him that anyone actually realised how He was extensively mentioned in Scripture. The Pharisees had only the written Scriptures to go on, and so, they condemned Him and had Him put to death for heresy and blasphemy. They did this because they honestly believed that it was the right thing to do to a fake and a blasphemer. This is why Jesus said on the cross: "Father, forgive them because they don't know what they are doing." This is because they didn't actually know that they were seeing their Messiah being crucified. When He rose from the dead, they wouldn't believe it, and so they spread the story that the disciples stole the body from the tomb.

So it is one thing seeing the life and work of Jesus from our modern perspective, and it is quite another putting ourselves in the shoes of a sincere and honest Pharisee and seeing it from his perspective.

Just as the critics do concerning modern Pentecostal and Charismatic movements and preachers, those Pharisees (respected Bible teachers of their time) could not see that Scripture supported what Jesus was saying and doing so they saw Him as a threat to their nation and religion, and so they had Him put out of the way so He wouldn't cause more damage, and bring the Romans down on their necks. (That actually happened around 30 years later!)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Old Genesis (with Peter Gabriel) is my favorite group. New Genesis (without him) is my second favorite. I've got a lot of documentaries created about the group. There is an interview with Collins on this song. It was a direct attack against, um, "some" TV evangelists and the stories that followed them, ultimately.

I really like the song because it actually can teach those that may be sitting at home throwing money at their favorite TV evangelist. Not that they are all bad, but it is important to judge a tree by it's fruit.

One of my friends supported Jim and Tammy ministries until he got conflicting letters from two of their ministries. Their "giving" ministry was seeing a serious shortfall and desperate for funds, yet their fund raising for their "Christian Disneyland" was above all goals and they were very excited. He looked at the two letters and asked himself, "what's wrong with this picture?" He never gave them another dime.
I was a deacon in a Charismatic church from 1973-1978. A lot of people were saved in that church. It was a great place to worship and serve the Lord. There were a few problems with one elder who came out of a strict Christian sect (I won't name it for privacy reasons) but the principles of that sect did not come out of him, so he was very legalistic in matters of holiness, but he loved the Lord and his ministry is still going and there has stood the test of time. But I always knew when the funds were getting a bit low in the church. There would be two or three Sunday nights in a row when the message would be around the importance of giving and tithing. It is interesting that most of these messages were given by the one full time ministry worker in the church (it was an elder-run church) who was being paid his salary from the church funds! Funny that! Then the funds must have recovered because we didn't hear a message on giving by that person for around six months, and then he would be up on Sunday night preaching it again! I thought it was amusing, but I didn't let the moth fly out of my wallet by opening it too wide when the plate came around! :sorry::sorry:

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So, when Benny preaches salvation in Christ, repentance, love for God and His Word, the grace and mercy of God in healing folk, the need for holiness, and has extended times of praise and worship in his services, then all these are false teaching. Jesus said that a bad tree bears bad fruit, that is true, but Benny shows mainly good fruit coming out of his ministry with thousands of souls coming to Christ, becoming stable and effective church members and missionaries, many winning multitudes of souls themselves. It is very true that a good fruit tree can have a few bad fruit on it, but that doesn't make it a bad tree.

By the way, how many souls have been won to Christ, have become long term church members or missionaries, in turn winning souls for Christ themselves, as the result of your ministry ? Do you have the quality of fruit in your work for Christ that Benny has?

So what if he, like all the rest of us, gets things wrong once in a while? I got warned on this forum recently for going over the top with some of my views about the nature of the church, which I realised were not correct. What does that make me? A false teacher in general? A heretic? Or an ordinary believer who made a mistake?

Perhaps Benny, being more famous and prominent, that he suffers from the Tall Poppy syndrome that when he makes mistakes he is as the chicken in the yard with the longest neck he is the one most likely to be the one chosen to get his head chopped off next time the household wants roast chicken for supper.

Again, you didn't address what I wrote about Benny Hinn's false doctrine and the false analogy of Jesus false teaching because He practised things not in the OT.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You are looking back at the acts of Jesus in hind sight through the accounts in the Gospels, which were written years after Jesus' time in Israel. If you were a Scripture believing Pharisee living at the same time as the earthly ministry of Jesus, you would have condemned Him as a false teacher, false prophet, magician, and casting out demons through the prince of demons. Those Pharisees were the great Bible teachers of their time. All of them, except for the few who decided to believe in Him, honestly and sincerely believed that He was a fake, because they could see nothing in the Scriptures that supported what He was doing.

It was only when the Risen Jesus revealed to the two disciples at Emmaus how the Scriptures spoke about Him that anyone actually realised how He was extensively mentioned in Scripture. The Pharisees had only the written Scriptures to go on, and so, they condemned Him and had Him put to death for heresy and blasphemy. They did this because they honestly believed that it was the right thing to do to a fake and a blasphemer. This is why Jesus said on the cross: "Father, forgive them because they don't know what they are doing." This is because they didn't actually know that they were seeing their Messiah being crucified. When He rose from the dead, they wouldn't believe it, and so they spread the story that the disciples stole the body from the tomb.

So it is one thing seeing the life and work of Jesus from our modern perspective, and it is quite another putting ourselves in the shoes of a sincere and honest Pharisee and seeing it from his perspective.

Just as the critics do concerning modern Pentecostal and Charismatic movements and preachers, those Pharisees (respected Bible teachers of their time) could not see that Scripture supported what Jesus was saying and doing so they saw Him as a threat to their nation and religion, and so they had Him put out of the way so He wouldn't cause more damage, and bring the Romans down on their necks. (That actually happened around 30 years later!)

Was Jesus the truth or did he preach falsehood?
images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me restate a point I made earlier in a different way.

I’ll bet every single person who has posted on this thread (myself included) has some error somewhere in their doctrine. If someone disagrees step forward and let the rest of us scrutinize your teaching and beliefs.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟250,347.00
Faith
Christian

If Benny Hinn simply made mistakes, he would have recanted his heretical teachings such as believers not being humans but 'little gods' etc. Has he done so?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Was Jesus the truth or did he preach falsehood?
images
According to us, who have the four Gospels, book of Acts, and the Letters of the Apostles, He did preach the truth. According to the Pharisees, who were the respected theologians of their time, and who had only the Jewish Scriptures, He was preaching falsehood, because they didn't know of Jesus in the same way we do.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Again, you didn't address what I wrote about Benny Hinn's false doctrine and the false analogy of Jesus false teaching because He practised things not in the OT.
His speculations in doctrine, because he is healing evangelist, do not diminish his sound preaching of salvation, repentance, and holiness. They are more weightier than some silly little, side point about an unusual view of the Trinity. His critics are straining out a "gnat" in making a big deal of his Trinity doctrine, who "swallowing the camel" of ignoring the overriding sound and effective preaching that he does to win thousands of souls to Christ and to bless multitudes of people, strengthening their faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me but .. what in the world are you people doing? Everything Christ did was to BRING LIFE. Everything the Father has does will do is LIFE. Christ came to save to set free. So YOU know Christ as lord have this LIFE in you. You have a choice and this choice has a price. So give life speak words of life.

One.. Christ will never talk about this man when this man is not here nor to you. So the question is, is he false. The word tells me if anyone confesses Jesus as lord saying He came in the flesh died on the cross for the sins of the world was buried. Rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father. Then he is of God.

So the real question is not is Mr Hinn false/true but why are you right/true? Why is YOUR personal belief the REAL one? Just what REVELATION FROM GOD did you get that makes you the REAL Christian? Nothing wrong with talking about a brother or sister. The WORD of GOD makes it very clear as to HOW we are to be talking about ANYONE. And MOST of you here I PRAY know this.

We don't speak evil negative of anyone. As in "unwholesome, foul, corrupt, abusive, filthy, don't say anything that would hurt another, EVERY come out of our mouth. But only good, what ever is good, instead speak only that which is good for the building up, use of edifying, good for edification that if may, so that it gives grace to those that hear.

We are to accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. Rom 14.

Some you know your rights yet as it is written "Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak." Can you not see.. we ALWAYS think of others never our selfs.

Lets say Mr Hinn is in sin "Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.". So the question in this one is.. are YOU LIVING by the Spirit?

I can keep going but you wont like HIS words that HE said in HIS word. This is NOT ABOUT YOU. Its always about others. This man Mr Hinn... if in error then we gather together we bind the enemy and his lies we take them before the Father and we PRAY FOR THEM! For we love Mr Hinn just the same as we love Christ. That every time you fall fail miss it.. He does not judge you nor condemns you. Why can not we love forgive others the same as Christ does?

Careful.. Mr Hinn is NOT HERE. So none of this helps Mr Hinn. Are you thinking about the WEAK in faith that read what you post? Are you really talking because you love Mr Hinn just like you love Christ? IS the how you talk to Christ? You think the LEAST of these are always sick and the poor? If I hurt YOU I Just hurt Christ. Do you see? Have FAITH that ANY error you see ..that when you PRAY FOR THEM.. the FATHER by HIS sweet sweet Spirit helps treats fixes them. Because fact is.. you and I can not. He gives life. Give what was given to you. How does the Father work speak in Heaven? Do it here.

Or.. by your/our words on how we speak deal treat others. The Father will use judge us by our own words. There is a PRICE to judge. We can. But.. the one that will judge you based on how you did it.. is not some man.. but a God. And this Mr Hinn? Not my kid. Belongs as you do ..to a GOD. Careful where you walk. LOVE do everything to help bring life hope. Show the world how we treat others and they will want YOUR JESUS

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Let me restate a point I made earlier in a different way.

I’ll bet every single person who has posted on this thread (myself included) has some error somewhere in their doctrine. If someone disagrees step forward and let the rest of us scrutinize your teaching and beliefs.

That's a bold statement! :yawn:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
People like Benny Hinn are fodder for the furnace of Hell.

He is not a Christian and neither are the overwhelming majority of charlatans on TV fleecing vulnerable and gullible believers out of their money.
I suppose you can offer substantive proof that he is definitely not a Christian and will not only go to Hell himself but everyone who accepts his ministry and his blessed as the result of attending his meetings will go to Hell also.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.