• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Belief in God

kathleenmary

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2006
Holtsville
✟13,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi..i dont know if this is right section to put this under..
im having such a hard time. i claim im a christian, but i struggle to believe who God is. I know ive been healed, delievered, and set free. im been having such fear lately that God is not who he says he is. its hard for me to believe. I wanna believe with all my heart, but how can I really trust him. my main thing is that what if hes really out to get us, and were just like an 'experiment.' like i said, im not sure if this is relevant, but i need help. bc ive been having feelings of unbeief for over a year, and im frustrated, i keep praying so much too.

C

carmeneterror

Sometimes I start to feel like that too. What do I do? Turn on some Christian music and read the Bible. Specifically, I read about Jesus because reading about His deeds always, almost without fail, makes me feel good and keeps me from doubting God.

Also this may sound weird, but I find that any time I doubt God's intentions, if I go and hang out with children, I feel sooo much better. "The soul is healed by being with children." - Dostoevskij

Upvote 0

kathleenmary

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2006
Holtsville
✟13,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can understand what you say. I worry about God too and can't trust.

Are you one person or more than one person because you said "us." You don't have to answer if you don't want. I have DID and maybe thought you might have it too if it's ok to ask.

Allison
no its just me...

Upvote 0

kathleenmary

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2006
Holtsville
✟13,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think when you feel conflicting thoughts and feelings about God that is a good thing because you are focusing on God. Maybe people who get complacent in their belief sometimes just "go through the motions" of saying things like "I'll pray for you" and stuff. I had neighbors take me to their church. The regular pastor wasn't there and an intern pastor spoke. I listened to every word he said because I desperately wanted to hear what God was trying to tell me. God spoke to me that day. When the service was over, my neighbor apologized to me because "the real pastor" wasn't there "so I didn't get the real experience of her church."

Didn't she hear the amazing words of that pastor? She was so worried about me missing the real pastor that she may not have heard the words.

I just wonder if the conflicts and struggles are to help us really focus on finding God.

i actually never really thought of it tht way.. tht can make sense. i know that im being true to myself and God, by sharing my feelings with him. im not going thru the motions, bc im desperately praying and seeking his help...thanks alot lifewanderer.=]

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we have all been there with doubts, and some have a hard time believing God can just be "good" and wonderful, especially with all the evil in the world. My suggestion is to keep praying and learning to know God, it will keep coming, and you will feel closer to Him. As your relationship strengthens, your faith does. Doubts are normal to hit us sometimes, it helps to think when they do of things that have happened between you and God, and to remember those times when these thoughts intrude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

shantystar

Sometimes I start to feel like that too. What do I do? Turn on some Christian music and read the Bible. Specifically, I read about Jesus because reading about His deeds always, almost without fail, makes me feel good and keeps me from doubting God.

Also this may sound weird, but I find that any time I doubt God's intentions, if I go and hang out with children, I feel sooo much better. "The soul is healed by being with children." - Dostoevskij
right say.welldone sir .:priest:

Upvote 0

lifeknowingjesus

Christ's
Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
✟7,766.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To quote a Christian author:

"I once reached a place in my walk with God where I was having trouble believing certain things that I had previously believed. I didn't understand what was wrong with me and as a result I got confused. ...The unbelief seemed to be growing by leaps and bounds. ...I couldn't seem to believe much of anything.

"Two days in a row I heard this phrase coming out of my spirit: 'Mind binding spirits.' The first day I didn't think much about it. However, the second day, as I began a time of intercession, I heard it again for about the fourth or fifth time: 'mind-binding spirits.'

"I knew from all the people to whom I had ministered that mulitudes of believers have trouble with their minds. I thought that the Holy Spirit was leading me to pray for the Body of Christ against a spirit called 'Mind Binding.' So I began to pray and come against mind-binding spirits in Jesus' name. After only a couple of minutes of praying, I felt a tremendous deliverance come to my own mind. It was quite dramatic. ...I felt and knew immediately that something had happened in my mind. Within minutes I was able to believe again in areas I had been struggling with just prior to my time of prayer. ...When the spirits left, the ability to believe came rushing back.

"...It frequently happens that a believer knows something in his heart (his inner man), but his mind wars against it. ...The thing I was battling was...beyond decision. I was bound by these mind-binding spirits and just couldn't bring myself to believe.

"...You too may be having problems in this area. If so, I encourage you to pray in Jesus' name. By the power of His blood, come against 'mind binding spirits." Pray this not just one time but any time you experience difficulty in this area.

"The devil never runs out of fiery darts to throw against us when we are trying to go forward. Lift up your shield of faith and remember James 1:2-8 which eaches us that we can ask God for wisdom in trials and He will give it to us and will show us what to do.

"I had a problem, a fiery dart that I had not encountered before. But God showed me how to pray and I was set free.

"You will be too."

Last edited:
Upvote 0