• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

exposed

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi everyone ive been a christian for about 7 years now and the Lord seemed to take away alot of my sin like drug and alcohol addiction, fornication, stealing, and mostly in the way i use to walk i walk no longer but ever since coming to faith ive struggled sexually with lust and masturbation at times. at times i would do well for some time but it doesnt seem like i can go on without sinning this way i would commit this sin and then repent and go on for however long i can resist. ive struggled alot at times and recently i lost the place i was living in previously. i went to stay with some christians who i became friends with when i first came to faith. they let me stay in the basement but i still happened to "play with myself" one night. i went to work with my friends mom that day and i overheard her faintly after grabbing a tool that my friend seen something and then he turned it off i faintly heard that which sounded like they had a hidden camera that caught me in the act and i felt like im looked at differently by them i was really ashamed i ended up leaving their place secretly i didnt really have a place to go after that but i had to get out of there because i was under the impression they knew what i did and now i feel like ive been gossiped about and the powers of darkness are at work heavily against me and it just feeels ive been exposed and i dont feel acceptedd or a part of Gods family and it feel like this happened because God is against me because of my sin and i have always been feeling like God is my enemy and wants nothing for me. my walk has been complicated but i just feel as the years pass as a christian the days grow worse i feel like im not on a good path and doesnt feel like ill get through this time in my life. i know to repent but i struggle with my sexual urges that id just like to be released from....

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi everyone ive been a christian for about 7 years now and the Lord seemed to take away alot of my sin like drug and alcohol addiction, fornication, stealing, and mostly in the way i use to walk i walk no longer but ever since coming to faith ive struggled sexually with lust and masturbation at times. at times i would do well for some time but it doesnt seem like i can go on without sinning this way i would commit this sin and then repent and go on for however long i can resist. ive struggled alot at times and recently i lost the place i was living in previously. i went to stay with some christians who i became friends with when i first came to faith. they let me stay in the basement but i still happened to "play with myself" one night. i went to work with my friends mom that day and i overheard her faintly after grabbing a tool that my friend seen something and then he turned it off i faintly heard that which sounded like they had a hidden camera that caught me in the act and i felt like im looked at differently by them i was really ashamed i ended up leaving their place secretly i didnt really have a place to go after that but i had to get out of there because i was under the impression they knew what i did and now i feel like ive been gossiped about and the powers of darkness are at work heavily against me and it just feeels ive been exposed and i dont feel acceptedd or a part of Gods family and it feel like this happened because God is against me because of my sin and i have always been feeling like God is my enemy and wants nothing for me. my walk has been complicated but i just feel as the years pass as a christian the days grow worse i feel like im not on a good path and doesnt feel like ill get through this time in my life. i know to repent but i struggle with my sexual urges that id just like to be released from....
It's time to stop over thinking and end these conspiracies. Your guilt is causing a chasm between you and our Father. God is not your enemy, God is not against you and lastly God does not abandon you. He gave us His Helper, His Holy Spirit. Ask that He fill you with His Spirit today and live a life of inner peace. Blessings.

Upvote 0

EverydayBread

Aug 9, 2021
Uusimaa
✟30,755.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You would like to be released from..?

Oh my goodness, you will be released from them! God's Spirit, which dwells amongst us believers, works in our hearts. And just keep repenting (don't give up), also don't give room to the enemy by falling over to vain things. Remember that God is powerful and He is able to free us from any chains.

And who said it was going to be easy? Who said the change would take only one night?

The changing process is life-long, because we have always something to work through. And although God has worked in me a lot, and I have changed a lot, there are still a lot of things I can't just change overnight!!

But don't look down. Every day is a new day. And every day you have a change to change the course of you life by making the right decisions. May the Lord bless you!

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,469.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Again I must ask how you define lust. If you're defining it as your body's simple physical urges for sex and the release that comes with that, I highly recommend you rethink that.

Upvote 0