Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im really down in the dumps, and just need to type this.

I really think I have damned myself. God has given me chance after chance. He has delivered me from multiple sins, swearing, using his name in vain, anger (although this is still a work in progress). But Lust I can't shake. Still when faced with a choice between God and Lust, I spit in his face and choose lust, everytime. I can't stop it...I want too...I hate it. But I cant. I have prayed for Gods help and still I fall. Im sorry Lord, I want to stop. Ive fought like hell, but still I can't. Im not strong enough...forgive me.

Reactions: Chichi Perez

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I really think I have damned myself. God has given me chance after chance. He has delivered me from multiple sins, swearing, using his name in vain, anger (although this is still a work in progress). But Lust I can't shake. Still when faced with a choice between God and Lust, I spit in his face and choose lust, everytime. I can't stop it...I want too...I hate it. But I cant. I have prayed for Gods help and still I fall. Im sorry Lord, I want to stop. Ive fought like hell, but still I can't. Im not strong enough...forgive me.
1. Look forward not backward. God never asks you to fix your past.
2. Looking at Matthew 7 we find that failure to be a Christian is not because of some large sins in the past - it is because of lack of appreciation for what God has done. His well of forgiveness is infinite - all sin is finite. The problem is not the size of the sin - the problem is with lack of appreciation for just how much God has done to the point of gratitude. The kind of gratitude that clings to a life style of Bible study, praise and worship.
3. Gratitude that will let go of worldly entertainment/music/videos and seek God out whenever one has a spare moment.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It takes great faith to have a sin consciousness ...

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God has pulled me through 3 open heart surgery’s and yet I still chose to abuse my body. I pretty much spit in his face after what he brought me through. Yet after all that the past seven months he’s been dealing with me and he’s got me in church. Trust me I have lived like hell in the 19 years I’ve been on earth. I am so sorry for How I’ve lived my life. It’s amazing after what I’ve done God is calling me unto his self. Gods mercy is overwhelming!!!! I wish I could say that it was easy for me to change and get where I am now but it wasn’t. There has been days I really didn’t think I’d live another day. I have a struggle in my life right now that I just can’t get over at this point. Like you I just can’t stop.I keep thinking, look where I just come from. I never could have imagined Stopping all those other things… but with Gods help I did…. Hopefully this will encourage you. Gods got this. He will strengthen you and enable you to overcome!!!!

Gods done it before , he’ll do it again!!!!

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mind if I ask what this means?
we walk by faith not by sight ... and since you have not seen God you be then measuring/judging yourself by faith ... good or bad both being measurements ... if you had no belief in God/Christ you would have nothing to measure yourelf by ...

Faith is the gift of God and works by Love who God Himself is, and this faith he gives to every man ... If it existed and works without God then all of creation itself came to be without faith and without God as well. Our faith becomes measured by our thoughts or soul which is why every thought is to be brought into the obedience of Christ, or we are to lose our soul/life, a death, that the Life that is in us might be revealed.

It's good to note that the words substance and person in these verses are the same word.

Heb 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

all things work to Gods purpose He has purposed in Himself ... He has you exactly where He wants you at this moment ...

Upvote 0

Chichi Perez

Jul 26, 2022
Homestead
✟13,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i can relate with other struggles i used to deal with. i used to have REALLY bad addiction problems (heroin, meth, extasy, drinking, weed, coke...etc..) and i can tell you from my experience that it takes time to slowly, but SURELY get completely clean from all of it, including your lustful actions. The more you spend time reading the bible and praying, the further away from sin you will be. the more your fear of God will grow. For me, i used to beg God for forgiveness rigth before doing drugs even though i knew it was sin but i was so powerless with it. however, he kept working on me and today, even if i WANTED to, i cant do it because my conscious eats me alive and i know God will straighten up my path and answer my prayers no matter what it takes and sometimes it takes really hard lessons. If God started a work in you, He will finish it. trust Him that he is working on you and His work will not come back void. He is soverign. the very fact that you feel so guilty and hate your sin, that is a GREAT start. that is the Holy Spirit, my friend. read your bible every day, at the bare minimum 5 minutes before you wake up, 5 minutes during the day, and 5 minutes before bed. and pray at the bare minimum before you eat (make it a habit) so you always remember to pray and continue to pray for freedom of lustful actions. I will pray for you in Jesus name.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

God has given you self control use it! Ask OD for his help if and only if you are sincere he will help you, whdn you ask GOD ask knowing you will receive the help you need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums