Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Science is in a state of flux. I assume your belief system is based on or influnced by modern science - atheist - please correct me if im wrong.

Science can never have complete certainity. Is it incorrect to suggest your position is influenced by a form of uncertainity. Therefore your position is uncertain?

Cheers
You assume wrong, my non belief in Fairy tales, Father Christmas, Unicorns, The Bogeyman, Magic Teapots, Talking Snakes, Bigfoot, The Easter Bunny, God and The Tooth Fairy isn't influenced by modern science, it's influenced by common sense.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You assume wrong, my non belief in Fairy tales, Father Christmas, Unicorns, The Bogeyman, Magic Teapots, Talking Snakes, Bigfoot, The Easter Bunny, God and The Tooth Fairy isn't influenced by modern science, it's influenced by common sense.
Can you address my post about the spiritual things of Christianity

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By being Atheist you claim that there is 100% chance that there is no God , but our visible universe is about 5% matter , what if there is God in that 95% leftover ? Are you sure that He does not exist?

Second question

If scientists have estimated 300 sextillion stars are in universe , how come that we never seen any of these stars forming ? How do they form? We should be able to notice at least 18 000 every second yet for years there are no stars forming , only stars dying which form new ones .

How do stars form from gas in first place if you need energy to condense gas ?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Now that was an offensive post.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hey hey spike :)

I detect a feeling of being upset or annoyed. My friend please do not be rash. Comparing the belief in God to a belief in the Easter Bunny, unicorns, tooth fairy, etc, is an attempt at ridicule, it is not a sound or good argument my friend :).

Lets reason together my dear. This statement is a category error - the error of assigning to something a quality or action which can only properly be assigned to things of another category.

A category error was used here to give a false or misleading account of the nature of God - a fabricated story, especially one intended to deceive.

The tooth fairy is not real, therefore God is not real. Does this seem like good sense and sound judgement in practical matters my dear?

Ask away, anything you would like to know, I will do my best to answer

We agree that science has uncertainties.

Spike - "We can never have complete certainty about anything,"

We have discovered that your position is not influenced by science but by common sense.

What good sense or sound judgement influenced your decision to declare yourself an atheist?

And with regards to how you answer it.

How certain are you? Do you have complete trust in it?

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I cared what an atheist had to say, I’d seek one out and ask. To come to a Christian forum is either an attempt at antagonism, or just attention whoring. I will give my opinion and move on.
Personally I think atheism is as closed minded as it gets. That’s the only explainable way to so strongly “not believe” something. I can at least respect an agnostic. Scientists explanation of the origins of life only makes sense WITH an intelligent creator. That’s all I have to offer here.

Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
If I cared what an atheist had to say, I’d seek one out and ask. To come to a Christian forum is either an attempt at antagonism, or just attention whoring. I will give my opinion and move on.
Personally I think atheism is as closed minded as it gets. That’s the only explainable way to so strongly “not believe” something. I can at least respect an agnostic. Scientists explanation of the origins of life only makes sense WITH an intelligent creator. That’s all I have to offer here.
Why comment then?

Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

I detect a feeling of being upset or annoyed. My friend please do not be rash. Comparing the belief in God to a belief in the Easter Bunny, unicorns, tooth fairy, etc, is an attempt at ridicule, it is not a sound or good argument my friend :).

Lets reason together my dear. This statement is a category error - the error of assigning to something a quality or action which can only properly be assigned to things of another category.

A category error was used here to give a false or misleading account of the nature of God - a fabricated story, especially one intended to deceive.

The tooth fairy is not real, therefore God is not real. Does this seem like good sense and sound judgement in practical matters my dear?

We have discovered that your position is not influenced by science but by common sense.

What good sense or sound judgement influenced your decision to declare yourself an atheist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

Until someone shows me evidence for a God, then yes I trust how I feel about it.
Do me a favour, if you're going to reply, please don't say "Hey Hey" at the start of your post, it's really quite irritating and reminds me of The Monkees.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What's the point? I don't accept spiritual things as real.
Ok. Well that's an answer I guess. I just think that atheist haven't explored the spiritual side so I guess to me that makes the lack of belief irrational.

Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Ok. Well that's an answer I guess. I just think that atheist haven't explored the spiritual side so I guess to me that makes the lack of belief irrational.
I haven't personally, but I know some atheists who used to be religious and at the time felt some sort of spiritual thing. From what they say about spirituality I gather it's powerful stuff, but disappears along with the religious belief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Until someone shows me evidence for a God, then yes I trust how I feel about it.
Do me a favour, if you're going to reply, please don't say "Hey Hey" at the start of your post, it's really quite irritating and reminds me of The Monkees.

Hi there :)

What proof would you accept?

Cheers

Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi there :)

What proof would you accept?

Cheers

From what I've seen, evidence presented by Joe public is insufficient. The only way for your God to settle this issue is to reveal himself to us in a way that is indisputable. I would think this would be a snip for him to do, but unfortunately doing so would remove the need for faith and ruin his well thought out plan.
If Jesus turned up in the middle of Manchester and walked barefoot across the ship canal, then went into a childrens cancer ward and healed some terminally ill children, that would be the type of proof I would need.
An apology from him for all the confusion caused, and all the needless tribalism wouldn't go a miss either IMO.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
From what I've seen, evidence presented by Joe public is insufficient.

Greetings my 40 something friend. Thank you for your reply. :)

What evidence - that you do you not accept - has joe public presented you?

The only way for your God to settle this issue is to reveal himself to us in a way that is indisputable.

Do you want God to present Himself to you?

An apology from him for all the confusion caused, and all the needless tribalism wouldn't go a miss either IMO.

What confusiin has been caused?

What would be an example of needless tribalism?

Cheers my dear :)

Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
All 'evidence' presented to me throughout my life has been insufficient, parents, family, friends, teachers, clergy etc. All I have ever been given to go on has not made sense to me in any way. The bible has been touted to me at certain points in my life, I have read it and found it to be disturbing and confusing to say the least.

You asked what type of evidence I would accept and I answered, I would like God to present himself to all, then we are all on a level playing field.

If you can't see the confusion even amongst people of your own religion, then you must think there has been clarity in the message???

Look at Jerusalem for just one example of needless tribalism.

Upvote 0