United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Where does this universe come from?

I was thinking more in terms of questions like "How long have you been married." :)

But okay my answer to that question is I don't know. I personally think we will never know for certain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many of the atheists I am friends with (or follow on social media) are depressive, anxious, addicted and or seem to lurch from one existential crisis to another. When life's disasters strike, or even threaten to, they seem somewhat anchorless and are tossed around on the waves of this material, dog eat dog reality that is all they believe and invest in. So, my question is: do you wish you could believe? To have that comfort, peace, hope and joy that can come with faith in a higher power, to never cry yourself to sleep in fear that you are on the verge of death, bankruptcy, homelessness, perpetual loneliness. Do you ever envy the simple bliss of the believer? (okay, that's two questions, if there's a limit take the second one :D)

• Haha
Reactions: RRep
Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Many of the atheists I am friends with (or follow on social media) are depressive, anxious, addicted and or seem to lurch from one existential crisis to another. When life's disasters strike, or even threaten to, they seem somewhat anchorless and are tossed around on the waves of this material, dog eat dog reality that is all they believe and invest in. So, my question is: do you wish you could believe? To have that comfort, peace, hope and joy that can come with faith in a higher power, to never cry yourself to sleep in fear that you are on the verge of death, bankruptcy, homelessness, perpetual loneliness. Do you ever envy the simple bliss of the believer? (okay, that's two questions, if there's a limit take the second one :D)

I already have comfort without belief, my wife my kids, and knowledge that I am loved.
Death doesn't scare me, it happens to us all.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but define 'normal'

Someone that belongs to the C of E but never attends, would rather drink a pint watching Manchester take on Arsenal than go to work, calls their MP for any old thing. You know, normal

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I already have comfort without belief, my wife my kids, and knowledge that I am loved.
Death doesn't scare me, it happens to us all.
But you know, given that so many people do believe in some kind of God, isn’t it like taking one shot on A rhoulette wheel and staking eternity on red or black

Upvote 0