Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I told my Church friends about some of the eschatological beliefs put forward on this site. They laughed out loud.
The only one laughing on the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath, will be the Lord. Psalms 37:13, Psalms 59:8
All those who have failed to understand God's plans for the end times of this era, will be shocked and terrified; Proverbs 1:26-27, Isaiah 13:6-8, Micah 1:2-4, on the Day He resets our civilization, to a similar degree as in Noah's time. Luke 21:25-26

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I view the Gog/Magog war of Ezekiel and the invasion of Judaea described in Matthew 24:15, and the war described by the prophet Daniel as one historical event that stretches from the beginning of the Second Half of Tribulations to the Battle of Armageddon, (call it the Third World War if you like), which culminates with the Second Coming of Christ and the Rapture.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm surprised to see post as to Isaiah 13. Isaiah 13 is set for the
day of the Lord. It comes as a destruction from the Almighty.
The Almighty is shown not to begin to destroy until the 7th trumpet sounds.
Wrong, the great and terrible Day of the Lord's wrath happens at the Sixth Seal. Revelation 6:12-17 Over 100 prophesies describe that Day of cosmic events, fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis.
This is the Day Luke 21:25-26 and Luke 21:34-35 tells about. After that......Revelation 7:1-3, the four angels hold back any further damage to the earth, until the years later, commencement of the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, which are triggered by the Anti-Christ desecration the Temple. Then, 3.5 years later, Jesus will Return for His Millennial reign.
I view the Gog/Magog war of Ezekiel and the invasion of Judaea described in Matthew 24:15, and the war described by the prophet Daniel as one historical event that stretches from the beginning of the Second Half of Tribulations to the Battle of Armageddon, (call it the Third World War if you like), which culminates with the Second Coming of Christ and the Rapture.
Yes, the invasion of the holy Land by the leader of the One World Govt, Zechariah 14:1-2, Matthew 24:15, the last 3.5 years of this age and will be a time of war and strife. Jesus will defeat them at His Return. Revelation 19:11-21
But please do not combine Gog/Magog with this time. That attack happens before Armageddon and is for different reasons and has a different outcome.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gog can only attack Israel when she has
been off of the land, must regain cattle, and dwelt
in her land the whole time as safe.

Well that's a matter of interpretation. In my opinion, Israel does live in "comparative" safety since building its' Security Barrier. In the last ten years, there haven't been any Intefada uprisings spilling into the streets of Israeli cities, leaving thousands of Israeli citizens dead or bleeding in the streets. There have been no wars with Arab nations since the last Lebanon War ten years ago. No engagements, except brief military incursions into the occupied territory, which technically isn't part of Israel.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
To the OP

The battle of Armageddon will take place at the end of the 70th week decreed for Israel [Ezekiel 38; 39; Joel 3:9-21; Micah 5:5-6; Zechariah 14:1-3; Revelation 14:14-20; 16:1-16; 19:11-21 .... the next human rebellion against the Lord will occur 1000 years later at the ending of His millennial kingdom upon the earth

Gog and Magog are symbolisms for both rebellions

The Lord addresses Satan as "Gog" [Ezekiel 38:17] and the rebelling nations as "Magog" [Ezekiel 38:2]

.... and then again the same [Revelation 20:7-8] 1000 years later

The devil is the same instigator for both human rebellions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think Romans 15 verse 20
means? Deuteronomy 32 verse 43?
Romans 15:20
It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.

That means it's always been Paul's ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known so that he would not be building on someone else's foundation.

Deut 32:43

Rejoice, you nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people.

That means God will avenge his servants and his people.

??? Not sure what you're getting at. Do you disagree with my statement that God's people are those who accept him, not reject him?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Well that's a matter of interpretation. In my opinion, Israel does live in "comparative" safety since building its' Security Barrier. In the last ten years, there haven't been any Intefada uprisings spilling into the streets of Israeli cities, leaving thousands of Israeli citizens dead or bleeding in the streets. There have been no wars with Arab nations since the last Lebanon War ten years ago. No engagements, except brief military incursions into the occupied territory, which technically isn't part of Israel"

stephen is correct

Israel is one of the most secure nations on the earth as we speak .... small, but mighty .... the third, and maybe the first, most powerful and effective military on the earth

And it is the Lord who is currently allowing for the tiny nation's security and ability to defend its self .... if not, the nation would not be in existence today and long gone

He has them in His land for His purposes: to soon pressure and bring a believing remnant portion under His covenant [Ezekiel 20:33-44; Daniel 9:24-27]

He will use the coming time of Jacob's trouble for the pressuring and then He will intervene and destroy Israel's surrounding enemies in the Middle East at the battle of Amageddon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That makes absolutely no sense. You're basically saying "God is protecting the people who've rejected him", even though there are countless examples in scripture where God says the exact opposite. Are you sure you believe the Bible?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
There is really no good purpose for you and I to have any conversation

Our views are diametrically opposed .... oil and water .... no mixing

Yes, the Lord is protecting the returned remnant of Israel today for His purposes [Isaiah 11; Jeremiah 30; Ezekiel 20:34-44; 36; 38; 39; 31:31-37; Zechariah 12; 13; 14; Matthew 24:15-16; Luke 21:20-36; Romans 11:25-36]

All future prophecies that you deny

Something that you need to learn .... but doubtful that you will

Good luck with your walk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is really no good purpose for you and I to have any conversation
If this is your answer to everybody who disagrees with you, then it's no wonder you never learn anything new. You think you've got it all figured out.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Must have given the wrong verse. It should be something
as to Gentiles with His people. Sorry. Deuteronomy...you nations..with
His people. Others are where there is Israel and the heathen about her.
On a small tablet now, so more later.
So just answer this simple question. Has God traditionally blessed and protected the people who rejected Him? Yes or no.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"The dwelling safely time is when she is without walls.
None make her afraid during that safety period. She has
been putting up fences and building walls in these days because
she is afraid of her neighbors."

The comparison is with the citadel walls of ancient Israel encompassing the entire parameter

Todays walls are not continuous and only partial and positional .... so the Lord speaks of the ancient past in Ezekiel's vision and compares with the nation at the time of the end

Upvote 0