Armageddon in Daniel 9 and Ezekiel 39

nonanomanon

Jun 11, 2015
✟247.00
Faith
Christian
Ezekiel 39 Daniel 9 - Reorganization Study (Gog Magog, Losing Heaving, but winning the New Universe)

DANIEL 9:19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.
DANIEL 9:25 Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
EZEKIEL 39:3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
DANIEL 9:17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
EZEKIEL 39:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the [noses] of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call [it] The valley of Hamongog.
DANIEL 9:13 As [it is] written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
DANIEL 9:8 O Lord, to us [belongeth] confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee.
DANIEL 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that [is] written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
DANIEL 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
EZEKIEL 39:4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that [is] with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and [to] the beasts of the field to be devoured.
EZEKIEL 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not [let them] pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
DANIEL 9:3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
DANIEL 9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people [are become] a reproach to all [that are] about us.
DANIEL 9:5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:
DANIEL 9:10 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
DANIEL 9:15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.
DANIEL 9:14 Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God [is] righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.
DANIEL 9:18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
DANIEL 9:20 And whiles I [was] speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;
DANIEL 9:21 Yea, whiles I [was] speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
DANIEL 9:22 And he informed [me], and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
DANIEL 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
EZEKIEL 39:6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.
EZEKIEL 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know that I [am] the LORD their God from that day and forward.
DANIEL 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.
EZEKIEL 39:28 Then shall they know that I [am] the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
EZEKIEL 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
EZEKIEL 39:8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this [is] the day whereof I have spoken.
EZEKIEL 39:1 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
EZEKIEL 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
EZEKIEL 39:24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
EZEKIEL 39:15 And the passengers [that] pass through the land, when [any] seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.
EZEKIEL 39:14 And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.
DANIEL 9:7 O Lord, righteousness [belongeth] unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, [that are] near, and [that are] far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.
DANIEL 9:6 Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
DANIEL 9:9 To the Lord our God [belong] mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
EZEKIEL 39:17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, [even] a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
EZEKIEL 39:18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
EZEKIEL 39:19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
EZEKIEL 39:20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
DANIEL 9:12 And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
EZEKIEL 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
EZEKIEL 39:5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken [it], saith the Lord GOD.
EZEKIEL 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
EZEKIEL 39:12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.
EZEKIEL 39:13 Yea, all the people of the land shall bury [them]; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.
EZEKIEL 39:16 And also the name of the city [shall be] Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.
DANIEL 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
EZEKIEL 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down [any] out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.
DANIEL 9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew [thee]; for thou [art] greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
DANIEL 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
EZEKIEL 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
EZEKIEL 39:9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
EZEKIEL 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made [them] afraid.
DANIEL 9:1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;
EZEKIEL 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
We have more detail being provided about the divisions between the weeks. Moses's arrival is described as the relative end of the 69th Week, this corresponds to the 70th Week as a isolated period of 5 months revelation reports. Also in this instance, the Gospel seems to encourage not withholding the sin of people that choose to die by attempting to dissolve the gospel with mankind. Their deaths are described as furnishing the faithful for the final end gathering. Which corresponds with what we see today, ethnic problems on a global scale, that appear to push non-ethnic groups into more faithful christian positions adhering to the gospel.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

So in Matthew after nation rises against nation......THEN SHALL THEY.......

But in Luke after the events of nations rising against nations, earthquakes, famine etc etc. Luke 21:12 says:

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

So in Luke after nation rises against nation.....BUT BEFORE ALL THESE......

CONCLUSION: Matt 24 is referring to future events after nations rise against nations. Luke 21 is referring to events that occur before these nations rise against nations.......70 AD.

Choose Wisely, Good Post.

I found this out as well after reading a line from a poster at worthy who said that Luke 21 was in the morning in the temple but Matthew 24 was in the evening on the mount called Olivet.

I wonder if you figured this out for yourself or is it from a book. I think that it's a rare understanding that's difficult to explain to others.

I've also noticed that Matthew 24 is written in the chronological order of an apocalyptic prophecy while Luke 21 is written in the style of a Day of The Lord prophecy which goes back and forth between our end time and historical. Like Isaiah 13 or Zephaniah 1 where the first 1/3 can speak about the final end time, then it shifts back in the middle 1/3 to the first century Day of the Lord and then concludes by shifting back to our final world wide end time Event.

Anyways, good job on writing this note.

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...9-and-ezekiel-39.7813839/page-3#post-65330278

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Choose Wisely, Good Post.

I found this out as well after reading a line from a poster at worthy who said that Luke 21 was in the morning in the temple but Matthew 24 was in the evening on the mount called Olivet.

I wonder if you figured this out for yourself or is it from a book. I think that it's a rare understanding that's difficult to explain to others.

I've also noticed that Matthew 24 is written in the chronological order of an apocalyptic prophecy while Luke 21 is written in the style of a Day of The Lord prophecy which goes back and forth between our end time and historical. Like Isaiah 13 or Zephaniah 1 where the first 1/3 can speak about the final end time, then it shifts back in the middle 1/3 to the first century Day of the Lord and then concludes by shifting back to our final world wide end time Event.

Anyways, good job on writing this note.

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...9-and-ezekiel-39.7813839/page-3#post-65330278

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Does the following go with the first question or the second question?

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

The New Testament records the persecution of the early Christians, mainly by the Jews.

This is described specifically in Mark’s Gospel.

Mar 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

The Apostle Paul confirms that he fulfilled this persecution.

Act 22:19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:

Act 22:20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People should really read the Acts of the Apostles. If you haven't read the Acts of the apostles like a chronological story from start to finish then all your eschatology is going to lose context fairly quickly.

So please read the Acts of the Apostles or even listen to an audio from start to finish. There is very dramatic audio versions out there and it will only take a few hours of listening to understand the context of the prophesies related to the 1st century church.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Here is the divide in Luke 21

But before all of these things ..... then they shall deliver you up

The Lord is speaking to members of His nation of Israel .... He is speaking to Israel

So He tells of His early followers' fate in their day .... and then He extends to the time of the end still pending for the nation of Israel of which they were a part

What He does not tell them is the dating of the future time of Jacob's trouble ..... He has not revealed this to anyone

Upvote 0