Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It is my understanding that Gabriel, the Apostle John, and Jesus are all getting their information from the same source.
God is outside of time and space.
God is (exists, as the word "is" is a state of being verb) outside of time and space ..... and inside of time and space.

God exists everywhere.

I don't know why anyone would differ with you on your statement.

The reason for me saying what I did in....that Gabriel probably didn't know about the battle of Armageddon at the earth time of he brought the message to Daniel in Daniel 9, is that Revelation the books were sealed even to them in heaven until Jesus removed the seals - and Armageddon is only found in Revelation 16 in the bible. And does it really matter whether Gabriel knew or not? No human at the time of Daniel knew, because of the timing that Revelation was given.

btw, you do know that the gospel itself, that Jesus's death on the cross and resurrection would be the redemption of man from the power of sin was kept a secret from understanding, don't you? Even from the angels. Otherwise, Satan would have never partake'd in trying to put Jesus to death - Satan had no idea that he was triggering his own destruction.

Up until the cross and resurrection - God could not carry out execution on eternal judgment on Satan for his sins - because God, likewise would have to destroy all of mankind as well for our sins. But with the gospel - we are justified, that God has removed our sins as though they never happened....so we pass from judgment unto life. Satan on the other hand - God is in the process to step by step prosecute him.... until Satan is cast into the lake of fire in Revelation 20.

God is long suffering - so instead of just saying the word and Satan destroyed this very second - God is trying to get as many humans saved as who will come....and eventually including the Jews.... and not to be eternally destroyed like Satan for sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
btw, you do know that the gospel itself, that Jesus's death on the cross and resurrection would be the redemption of man from the power of sin was kept a secret from understanding, don't you? Even from the angels. Otherwise, Satan would have never partake'd in trying to put Jesus to death - Satan had no idea that he was triggering his own destruction.

In Genesis 3:15, God told the snake that the Seed of the woman would bruise his head.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Abraham was told in Genesis 12 that all the families of the earth would be blessed through his seed.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

It was not a secret to Hosea.

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

He was the suffering servant in Isaiah.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The Bible is like a 3 act play about Jesus Christ.

Act 1: (The Old Testament) Someone is coming. The Seed of the woman...

Act 2: (The Gospels) Someone is here. His work on the Cross will destroy sin and death for the many.

Act 3: (The rest of The New Testament) He is coming back.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Okay, you have missed the point.

The gospel was sealed from "understanding". Not that things about the gospel were not spoken of in the old testament.

Luke 18:
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

1Corinthians2.

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

BAberean2, do you think Satan would have wanted Jesus crucified if he knew that very thing would free us from the power of sin?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, you have missed the point.

The gospel was sealed from "understanding". Not that things about the gospel were not spoken of in the old testament.

Luke 18:
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

1Corinthians2.

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

BAberean2, do you think Satan would have wanted Jesus crucified if he knew that very thing would free us from the power of sin?

There is no doubt the Apostles did not understand how Jesus was the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies, until after the resurrection. They were men trying to fit what they saw into their own understanding, just like us while discussing these issues on this forum.

After they were filled with the Holy Spirit, they were able to see things in a new way.

We are blessed to have the New Testament and the Old Testament, which allows us to see all of God's program.

Satan does not have the ability to stop God's Plan.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Luk 24:26
Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

Luk 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

Luk 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no doubt the Apostles did not understand how Jesus was the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies, until after the resurrection. They were men trying to fit what they saw into their own understanding, just like us while discussing these issues on this forum.

After they were filled with the Holy Spirit, they were able to see things in a new way.

We are blessed to have the New Testament and the Old Testament, which allows us to see all of God's program.

Satan does not have the ability to stop God's Plan.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

Luk 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

Luk 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

You got all the verses except not quiet far enough....then they went out and taught what Jesus opened their understanding of.... so that you and I know with 100% correctness, in all of those passages in Isaiah that your referred to, which I am in agreement with you on. The only thing I am pointing out is that before Luke 24:44-48, the understanding of those scriptures as they pertain to the gospel were sealed from understanding from anyone putting it all together ahead time.

Luke 24:
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding
, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Douggg,

I'll have to study on your ideas later. I have not gone to your new thread yet. I intend
to. Right now, I'm far behind on threads to read. I'm only to about May 24th (as to latest posts). I try to look carefully through the threads to glean what I can from them. I make notes and look up Bible verses.

Do you agree the rapture is in the 6th seal?
Sometimes it seems that you do, but then you write in ways that make me think
you don't.

The day of the Lord/day of Christ/our gathering occurs between the opening of the
6th seal and the 7th seal?
This makes the great tribulation written of in Rev. 7 be properly placed sometime as a period of events that occur before the 6th seal sun becomes black.
No, I think the rapture will already have taken place before the 6th seal. My reasoning is that in the 5th seal, the souls of the them before the Lord, crying out for justice, are those who have refused to worship the beast and his image.

I would say that the opening of the 6th seal marks the day when the Lord is about to take out his vengeance for them martyred and persecuted. It is also the actual "Revealing" of Jesus to the world.... when the world will see Him in power and glory, before the throne of God.

The 7th seal is different than the other six, because the six are collectively the events beginning the 7 years right to the near end with Jesus about to excecute judgment. The 7th seal opens the body of Revelation to discuss what happens in those 7 years in detail, right up to Jesus's vengenance at His return down to this earth, and His time of rule here on earth, then the great white throne judgment, then the near heaven and earth into eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Douggg,

I'm looking at what you wrote as to Ezekiel 39.
You place the time of a war with Gog as ending 7 years before
Armageddon.

------Gog----war ends - 7 years burn the weapons---Armageddon

You think seven years pass from the time of the end of great tribulation
(Israel returns to her land/burns Gog's weapons) before Armageddon?
Do you think the weapons from the Gog war just sit around waiting till the end
of the trib comes, and then Israel returns and burns the weapons of Gog?
Israel will have cities with people in them when it is time for the weapons
to be burned.

Where do you place the tribulation as to your timing of Gog and Armageddon?

I don't see a feast on Gog in Ezekiel 39:4, only the warning of one.
What do you do with the facts of Israel has to dwell safely and be brought
back back from the sword first?
I don't consider Gog/Magog associated with the great tribulation.

------Gog----war ends - 7 years burn the weapons---Armageddon

I put the great tribulation as the second half of those 7 years. When the Jews flee into the wilderness when the great
tribulation begins - they will make use of the diesel and sealed rations in the vehicles of Gog's former army which will be strewn about.

During the first half, imo, they will use the diesel as well, but in a less stressful situation of the first half when they will
be deluded that they are living in the early years of the messianic period.

On the issue of Israel living in peace in a land of unwalled villages - that's not so clear cut for my view. I look at it what
is the situation that the Jews came out of - the Holocaust, and then the Arab Israeli wars, the last one over 40 years ago.

Being brought back from the sword, is referral to the 2000 years in dispersion, and persecution the Jews have suffered - which Jesus said would happen....

Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

As far as the feast goes - it is a prophecy not a warning.

Ezekiel 39:4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Something I find confusing as to Armageddon is just how many nations are at
the battle.

beast, kings of the earth, and their armies
false prophet

But in Rev. 16 the evil miracle-working frogs spirits went to the kings of the
earth and the whole world.

What is the whole world supposed to mean?

Did the warning keep some from going to the battle?
keepeth his garments

vinsight, The whole world will go to battle, the warning will not stop them. At this point in time there are only two types of people living in the world, saved and lost. The forty-two months or 1,260 days from Rev 11 is over with right? God's plan of salvation is finished, the Temple is measured and there is no changing sides.

For a number of days people around the world will see the sign of the Son of Man in the sky getting closer and closer. The wicked will know that they are doomed. Even citizens of Babylon who are not active participants in the battle will be out there rooting for the men that are trying to kill God. It's their only chance for survival at that point. In a way I'm sorry for some of them, they're in a predicament that's for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the time of Armageddon flying fowls are called to eat.
In the time of Gog's feast - every feathered fowl, and every beast of the field is
to be spoken to. The feast is on the mountains of Israel, not the valley. It doesn't
seem that an angel standing in the sun calls the eaters.

The sword they come back from is the one that has yet to scatter them again/
Babylon. After that time, they return and dwell safely. Gog can only take gained
safely goods. It seems to show the cities of Israel burn the weapons for 7 years,
not from out in the wilderness area -as in fled for the 42 months.

Ezekiel 39:9
"And they that dwell in the cities of Israel...and they shall burn them...seven years."
v10
"...they shall spoil those that spoiled them...rob those that robbed them..."

If the trib was starting then, they would not be just robbed by Gog.

Zechariah 14 seems to show the time of Gog scenes as after the time of Armageddon and
Israel returns to her land. There will come a great tumult.

Ezekiel 39:26
"...when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid."
Ezekiel 38:11
"...that dwell safely...v12 ...take a spoil...the people..that have gotten
cattle and goods..."
Armageddon is actually "Har" magedon .Harmagedōn.
The "Har" means mountain. Taken from Hebrew har məgiddô. The mountain of Megiddo. I think it is actually
an elevated broad plain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

Zecharian 14 I would agree is in conjunction with Armageddon, but I would not say with Gog/Magog.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
saved, lost, the dragon, and three like frogs/trying to gather the nations

It is just that the beast and false prophet are taken, then cast alive into the lake
of fire. The words of John make me wonder just how many are there. remnant
When compared with Zechariah 14:3 it seems lots of others will be there.
Revelation 19:21

Why do you think it will be days that the people on earth see the sign of the
Son of man? What do you think the sign is going to be?
I see it as it will be Jesus Christ seated on the right hand of power. This is not
at the time of Armageddon, but back in the time of the 6th seal-when the people
try to hide from His face. Jesus Christ will return with His saints as armies after
some of the seven vials of God's wrath have been poured out. Do you think people
see Him in Revelation 16:15? John never told us what he saw then.

5th seal -waits for the trib martyrs to be slain
6th seal - earthquake and end of trib signs sign of the Son of man in heaven
/day of the Lord/day of Christ/day of our gathering/His appearing
Revelation 6:12-13
Revelation 6:14-15
Matthew 24:29-30
Isaiah 34:4
Revelation 14:14
Mark 4:29

Jesus Christ and saints return to heaven/
7th seal
shhh- time of quiet - silence - no trumpets sounding - they are over
The 7 angels show up again. What 7? The ones that already sounded
the trumpets.
the seven angels Revelation 8:2

It will be time soon for them to pour out the vials full.

There are 2 Gogs, that is why Trumpet 6 and Bowl 6 mirror each other. In Deuteronomy 28-32, it explains that apostate Israel will be food for the birds, and also the enemies of God will be food for the birds. Gog is Babylon. But the problem is that Jerusalem is Babylon and the obvious Babylon is Babylon. So, the term 'Gog' had to be used to mean both the beast and False Prophet.

The bowls of wrath pertain to the enemies of God, the woes apply to apostate Israel (the 2nd woe, Trumpet 6's Armageddon)
Both apostate Israel and the enemies of God get turned into bird food. I suppose this plays a part in the strong delusion since the False Prophet will say that the apostate Israel Gog event is actually God destroying the enemies of God.

When apostate Israel is destroyed, the "sign of the son of Man" appears in heaven. Similar to the intentional vagueness of 'Gog', the "sign" is also a double meaning - 'sign' also means 'mark' and 'man' G444 anthrōpou
ἀνθρώπου is the same 'number of the man' in Revelation 13:13-18. In other words, it seems to say that the mark of the beast symbol is seen in heaven, and that is why they take it.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Hi vinsight

My understanding is different than that of the standard or traditional view. I don't think that the tribulation will be 7 years long or that the 1000 years will take place on Earth. If the tribulation is 1335 days long and the 1290/1260 days take place within the larger span, the vials will occur over a short period of time. That's because the 7th trumpet comes at the end of the 1260 days from Rev 11 and the 7 vials follow after them. If the vials are literal destructive judgments, they would be too severe to be drawn out over a long time span like 2 or 3 years. There would be no flesh saved alive, sound logical?

Yes, the 42 months are over and the vials have been being
poured out.

Nope, the 42 months are over and the vials will be just starting in about 3.5 days after the 2 witnesses are gone. That's how I'm reading it. The 42 months or 1260 days from Rev. 11 end with the 7th trumpet, then the vials will start right?

That said, it seems to be only nearing the end of the first round of God's wrath/plagues in full vials.
This part has been a confusing area in Revelation to me, because
those empty vials will then be refilled with the seven last
plagues of Rev. 15:1.

I'm not sure why you say that the vials need to be refilled, I agree that the vial and trumpet angels are the same seven but they send different types of wrath. The seven last plagues are total destructive judgments for the wicked, those won't harm us.
The two prophetic time periods from Rev. 11 are the same as the time, times and half a time (1260 days) from Dan.12. It also marks the end of the beasts 42 months of authority from Rev. 13. If we make it past this zone nothing can hurt us, Michael stands up for us and we will be delivered whose names shall be found written in the book.

So are they going down on the people as they head to Armageddon? When the part is said as to "It is
done", do the sores and such stop against the wicked - only to
start over again?. The reason they could start over again is because Babylon's sins will be remembered before God.

The wicked will gnaw their tongues in anguish and curse the God of heaven for their pain and sores, right up until the Lord commands them to die with a sword that come out of His mouth. After the 1260th day of Rev 11 there will only be 2 types of people living on Earth; a) the saved with the Seal of God and: b) the lost with the mark of the Beast. The lost will all be killed by the the Rider on the white horse from Rev.19 (and all the birds were gorged with their flesh). The saved, both dead and alive, will all be raised to meet the Lord in the air:

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

When we leave to meet the Lord in the air, there will not be one single human being alive on the face of Planet Earth.

Why do we meet the Lord in the air?

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

I'm afraid that the Lord is going to roll this whole place up like a scroll and take us to the New Jerusalem for 1000 years.

I'm sorry, that's how I read it.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Why do you think it will be days that the people on earth see the sign of the Son of man? What do you think the sign is going to be?
I see it as it will be Jesus Christ seated on the right hand of power. This is not
at the time of Armageddon, but back in the time of the 6th seal-when the people
try to hide from His face. Jesus Christ will return with His saints as armies after
some of the seven vials of God's wrath have been poured out. Do you think people
see Him in Revelation 16:15? John never told us what he saw then.

I think that the Sign of The Son of Man begins at Rev.16:12 and continues to increase until the 7th bowl which is the Second Coming.

How much time will there be from Rev.16:12 until the Second Coming?

Maybe more than an hour but less than a week?

They won't hide for the whole time, only at the end. Like when God's temple in heaven was opened at the 7th trumpet, they will have been used to seeing something up there before. This time will be different. At the beginning they're going to think that there's time to prepare, time to muster up a battle. As Jesus gets closer with the Father and all the Holy Angels, the planet will be coming apart at the seams.

I think that the Sign of the Son of Man begins to be seen with the drying up of the great river Euphrates at the 6th bowl. The river Euphrates is symbolic for Divine destruction coming from the North. The Euphrates river acted as a natural barrier to the north of Israel that slowed down invaders.

Destruction from the North:

Jeremiah 1:14
Then the Lord said to me, “Out of the north disaster shall be let loose upon all the inhabitants of the land.

Jeremiah 4:5
Declare in Judah, and proclaim in Jerusalem, and say, “Blow the trumpet through the land; cry aloud and say, ‘Assemble, and let us go into the fortified cities!’
Raise a standard toward Zion,
flee for safety, stay not,
for I bring disaster from the north,
and great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:1
Flee for safety, O people of Benjamin, from the midst of Jerusalem! Blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and raise a signal on Beth-haccherem, for disaster looms out of the north, and great destruction.

Jeremiah 46:10
That day is the day of the Lord God of hosts, a day of vengeance, to avenge himself on his foes. The sword shall devour and be sated and drink its fill of their blood. For the Lord God of hosts holds a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Jeremiah 46:6 “The swift cannot flee away,
nor the warrior escape;
in the north by the river Euphrates
they have stumbled and fallen.

"I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land"

When the sign of the Son of Man begins Jesus will be on His way but He will not be alone, the Father and all the Holy Angels will be coming too.
The Kings from the East are the Father and Jesus.

“Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”

God and the Angels come from the East:

Ezekiel 43:2
And behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the east. And the sound of his coming was like the sound of many waters, and the earth shone with his glory.

Ezekiel 43:4
As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east,

Ezekiel 46:1
“Thus says the Lord God: The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day it shall be opened, and on the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

Matthew 24:27
For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Revelation 7:2
Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God.

"But news from the east and the north shall trouble him;
therefore he shall go out with great fury to destroy and annihilate many."

Seminar notes from Larry Wilson:

In ancient times, enemy kings could not cross through the Euphrates because the great river itself was a barrier. But, the river is now dried up, and there is nothing to stop destruction from the North. I believe the sign of the Father and Son will first appear in the sky during this time. This sign will be a small cloud drawing near to Earth. (Matthew 24:30) Remember, divine destruction in ancient times came out the North (Jeremiah51:48, Job 37:22), but physically, because of the rotation of Earth on its axis, the Father and Son (the two kings) will appear from the East. (Matthew26:64) Dan 11:44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many. By the time the sixth bowl is poured out, the wicked will be suffering in the extreme. Every wicked person will be wearing the devil's inescapable tattoo. Even more, the wicked now know that the devil and his demons are not Almighty God and His angels as they claimed. The wicked will realize they are looking at the embodiment of evil. Emotionally speaking, the wicked will be a point of utter discouragement. Everything they wanted to avoid during the Great Tribulation has befallen them.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We know from Mt24A that the time of enormous trouble was the ordeal of Israel in the 1st century. The montage of scenes in the Rev portray that, and the final day of judgement comes at the end of this current reign of Christ.

The Rev was written to help those believers from those 7 churches understand what had happened. It is not a prognostication of todays events. There may be some similarity to the little time of rebellion before the last judgement. But the purpose of the Rev is not a point by point preview of several events on earth; the final day of judgment will be very swift.

Upvote 0