New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone want to speculate on what might have happened to the Ark of the Covenant? Indiana Jones jokes aside, I like thinking about it at times but I know it is not essential to the faith to know what happened to it. So this is just for fun.

It looks like it was officially lost when Babylon sacked Jerusalem. Some say it was destroyed. This could be possible if God's glory had left more than the temple (Ezekiel 10). I kind of assume it is buried under layers of ancient rubble somewhere around the Near East.

At one point people claimed it was in Ethiopia but that theory didn't pan out. It is hard for me to imagine someone is housing it secretly with its 1 Samuel fame unless God's glory is gone from it. Just pure speculation.

There are probably many interesting theories or documentaries on the Ark of the Covenant.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone want to speculate on what might have happened to the Ark of the Covenant? Indiana Jones jokes aside, I like thinking about it at times but I know it is not essential to the faith to know what happened to it. So this is just for fun.

It looks like it was officially lost when Babylon sacked Jerusalem. Some say it was destroyed. This could be possible if God's glory had left more than the temple (Ezekiel 10). I kind of assume it is buried under layers of ancient rubble somewhere around the Near East.

At one point people claimed it was in Ethiopia but that theory didn't pan out. It is hard for me to imagine someone is housing it secretly with its 1 Samuel fame unless God's glory is gone from it. Just pure speculation.

There are probably many interesting theories or documentaries on the Ark of the Covenant.

There's no need to speculate. Revelation 11:19 tells you exactly where it is...

• Informative
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In Ethiopia, perhaps?

Upvote 0

Oaktree125

Aug 28, 2020
frederick
✟14,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Lets say i have a good idea...Should we? What harm is there to pointing out the ark's final resting place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oaktree125

Aug 28, 2020
frederick
✟14,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No harm at all. :grinning:
Ok so the Ind Jones Shisak thing is a good cover story, the well of souls, and being hidden away to prevent it from being taken into Babylon. All good cover stories for the fact that the ark never leaves Israel. To believe though you have to accept Jesus is who we say He is ....

Given 1 Chronicles 28:2 - which states the ark is a footstool of God and the instruction to make an altar of unhewn stone- Exodus 20:25 -in order to place it somewhere- then there is but one place where all of those things align in Scripture and that is here:
Mysterious Stone Structure Discovered Beneath Sea of Galilee | Live Science
There is a Bronze Age cone 'pyramid' under a 'flood' of water that is well protected having slowly sunk beneath the waves over the time between its construction and Christ's birth. This monument of unhewn rock lies beneath where Jesus stood -literally both walking on water and standing over the ark as He addressed Peter and the Apostles in the boat -clearly demonstrating His divine nature without question. The cone monument site lies adjacent to Ohalo I and II the oldest known settlements of trial cultivation and habitation on earth. Hmmmm Im speculating of course.

• Informative
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thought they debunked that.
Who debunked what?
As far as I am aware there is a strong tradition that it is in the care of the Ethiopian Church and no other tradition competing with it.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it was discovered by Ron Wyatt on the sixth of January 1982 six meters below where Christ was crucified along the Calvary escarpment a short walk from the tomb and Golgotha ...
I've got a nice statue for sale near Ellis Island if you are interested. Only one previous owner who received it as a gift after the war.

• Haha
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've got a nice statue for sale near Ellis Island if you are interested. Only one previous owner who received it as a gift after the war.

so you got duped into buying a statue, and now hoping to find someone as gullible as yourself to buy it off you :confused:

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who debunked what?
As far as I am aware there is a strong tradition that it is in the care of the Ethiopian Church and no other tradition competing with it.
I read an article about it at least. There was a strong tradition that one particular church in Ethiopia had it but upon investigation it was a replica from the Middle Ages. Though I understand other churches in Ethiopia have replicas too. The main western author who refused to refute their claims worked in Ethiopia for a long time. It was determined the man would not have been able to continue his work if he would have claimed the fake Arks were anything less than real. Or that is what the story said. I think he was in some kind of humanitarian or ministry work. I'll see if I can find the article.

Sorry Indiana Jones, the Ark of the Covenant Is Not Inside This Ethiopian Church | Live Science

***I guess the man who supported the claims was more a political figure and not in ministry or humanitarian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're probably right. That was my speculative best on the AoC. I do wonder how folks would react if it were ever found.
I would hope no one without some hardcore Levitical genealogy records behind them would try to get touchy. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
it was discovered by Ron Wyatt on the sixth of January 1982 six meters below where Christ was crucified along the Calvary escarpment a short walk from the tomb and Golgotha ...

Wyatt did not discover the Ark of the Covenant.

Upvote 0