Jimmy Kimmel and Rolling Stone Mock Speaker Mike Johnson for Using ‘Covenant Eyes’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is only in a world as broken as ours that such a noble testimony of trust between a father and son could be so twisted and belittled

Humility. That’s what current Speaker of the House Mike Johnson emphasized when he and his wife Kelly interviewed us about our marriage mentoring program, Witness to Love.

“I love that [in your mentorship model] there is a certain dose of humility,” he said. “We have to acknowledge that we have certain issues to work on. You realize in our journey in life how only God is perfect and we are not.” The interview, which you can listen to here, was about how we can better support “marriage, the center of our culture.”

So it’s especially sobering and unsettling to read headlines like this today, attacking the Johnson family’s use of Covenant Eyes accountability software: “Mike Johnson Admits He and His Son Monitor Each Other’s inappropriate content Intake in Resurfaced Video” and “Mike Johnson Said He and His Son Monitor Each Other’s inappropriate content Usage, and Yeah, It’s Exactly as Weird as It Sounds.”

The mocking of Mike’s love for his son continues from Jimmy Kimmel Live: “So if his son looks at inappropriate content, his dad gets an alert. And if Mike looks at inappropriate content, his son gets an alert,” Kimmel continued. The late-night host then noted to laughter from his audience: “It ispossible to be too close with your children.”

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody in today's media/entertainment businesses would know what virtue is, if it walked up and slugged them right across the jaw.

They are so corrupted by dealing with their own kind, that when they are presented with someone trying to pursue actual purity, they laugh at it, because they don't recognize it; they think everyone is just as muddied as they are. They think moral uprightness not only does not exist, they think it can't exist.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, our world is filled with lust. I am not surprised.
Luckily, I go out of my way to avoid creepy stuff. I have uBlock Origin, an ad/pop-up blocker which prevents popups and creepy ads, and avoid non-Christian chat rooms. And, on YouTube, I report any comments on anyone's videos that sound creepy.

For me, I have a different set of problems. Instead of lusting over people that are not dressed, I actually crush on Korean guys who dress up well with nice clothing such as a leather jacket, and asked my Korean friend to try on my second hand '90s leather jacket a year ago. He looked so good in it. I also crushed on an actress in the Doctor Who franchise named Freema Agyeman (who played Martha Jones in the 2007 season of the show) back in 2013-14. :) She fought aliens and baddies while looking sharp. So yeah, lust can lead to issues.

Upvote 0