ARE YOU READY FOR THE MARK OF THE BEAST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There was no reason. There has been people that have kept Sunday through the ages. So what? Does that mean it is right? This is the same as me saying God's 4th Commandment Sabbath has been kept unbroken from creation to Jesus to after the death of Jesus to this present day. I can show this by scripture and Historical references. Who is right? To me it is only those who have God's WORD as their support.

You may have read all of what Ralph Woodrow said I am not disagreeing that you haven't I was asking if you have seen his claims and what he has said cirtiqued? Once again just because someone says something does not make it true. I believe God's WORD alone is the standard of all truth and we should believe and follow it.

God bless.

The SDA's false claim is that the Pope imposed Sunday worship. My point is that simply is not true.

\\Once again just because someone says something does not make it true.\\

Does that include EGW and the SDA?

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have to admit, anything involving revelations or even satan is something I can never understand. I'm not here to make an argument in support or against End time interpretation, but...

If this Anti-Christ is exactly as popular christianity described for the last 2,000 years (as to what the comments here show) and he still appears and does all what "the prophesies say"... then this Anti-Christ is completely dumb.

I mean, if some guy from the future (lets say, he is and he proved it) gave you a newspaper that said you got hit by car on your way to the candy story on Oct 30, 2018... Would you go to the candy store (or just out at all) during that day?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since the term "buy or sell" is used in Revelation, I thought I might seek out scriptures to perhaps shed a little light on this.Please feel free to give your thoughts on it. God bless

Revelation 13:17
and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[fn] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Buying and selling is mentioned in this interesting verse concerning the Sabbath:

Nehemiah 10:31
if the peoples of the land brought wares or any grain to sell on the Sabbath day, we would not buy it from them on the Sabbath, or on a holy day;
and we would forego the seventh year's produce and the exacting of every debt.

Here, Jesus is telling the 1st century Jews to pray that their flight not happen on a Sabbath:

Matthew 24:19
"Woe yet to those in belly having and to those suckling in those the days! 20 Be ye praying yet that no may be becoming the flight of ye of winter
neither a Sabbath/sabbatw <4521>"

Then there is the event of the merchants selling in the Temple of God, God's house:

John 2: [Revelation 18:11]
14 and He found in the Temple those selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money-changers sitting
15 and having made a whip of small cords, He put all forth out of the temple, also the sheep, and the oxen; and of the money-changers he poured out the coins, and the tables he overthrew,

Wouldn't one say that most of the items mentioned in Revelation 18:13 apply to the OC Priesthood and Temple services [and perhaps a few of them in the RC Mass]?
[I have a rather lengthy study on this related the Levitical Priests and Temple/Sanctuary services. I will wrap it in quotes because of the length.
I pray this may edify some.............
Revelation 18:
11 And the merchants of the land are lamenting and are mourning over Her,
that the cargo of them no-one is buying not-still

13 and cinnamon<2792>
and incenses<2368>
and attars<3464>
and frankincense<3030>
and wine<3631> and oil<1637> and flour<4585>
and grain<4621>
and beasts and sheep
and of horses and of chariots
and of bodies and souls of men.

1 verse uses all these words in 1 verse:

and wine<3631> and oil<1637>and flour<4585> and beasts and sheep
[These 3 tribes are also among the 12 tribes listed in Revelation 7]

1 Chronicles 12:40
Moreover those who were near to them, from as far away as Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali,
were bringing food on donkeys and camels, on mules and oxen—provisions of flour and cakes of figs and cakes of raisins, wine and oil and oxen and sheep abundantly, for there was joy in Israel.

flour<4585> and grain<4621>

Leviticus 2:1
‘When anyone offers a grain offering to the LORD, his offering shall be of fine flour. And he shall pour oil on it, and put frankincense on it.

and wine<3631> and oil<1637>and flour<4585>

Exodus 29:40
And with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil; and the fourth part of an hin of wine for a drink offering.
Leviticus 23:13
And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

1 Chrononicles 9:29
Some of them also were appointed to oversee the vessels, and all the instruments of the Sanctuary, and the fine flour, and the wine, and the oil, and the frankincense, and the spices.

13 and cinnamon<2792>

2792. kinamomon kin-am'-o-mon of foreign origin (compare 7076); cinnamon:--cinnamon. 7076 qinnamown kin-naw-mone' from an unused root (meaning to erect); cinnamon bark (as in upright rolls):--cinnamon.

Exodus 30:23
Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon<7076> half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

and incenses<2368>

2368. thumiama thoo-mee'-am-ah from 2370; an aroma, i.e. fragrant powder burnt in religious service; by implication, the burning itself:--incense, odour.
#2368 used in only 2 verses outside of Revelation, and that is when the dad of John the Baptist performing duties of the priest' office :

Luke 1:
There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense. G2368
11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. G2368

and attars<3464>

muron moo'-ron probably of foreign origin (compare 4753, 4666); "myrrh", i.e. (by implication) perfumed oil:--ointment.

John 12:3
Then took Mary a pound of ointment G3464 of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. G3464
Luke 23:56
And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; G3464 and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

and frankincense<3030>

libanos lib'-an-os of foreign origin (3828); the incense-tree, i.e. (by implication) incense itself:--frankincense.

Matthew 2:11
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, G3030 and myrrh.

and wine<3631> and oil<1637>
Used together 1 time outside of Revelation

Luke 10:34
And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do realize that the Second Coming of Christ is at the end of the 7 year tribulation the last 3 and a half years of the 7 known as The Great Tribulation where Christ sets foot on the Mount of Olives.
Not to be confused when the Church meets Him in the air/clouds which happens before. Which is the removal of the Bride (the Church).

And how long are we in the air? 7 years?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The SDA's false claim is that the Pope imposed Sunday worship. My point is that simply is not true.

\\Once again just because someone says something does not make it true.\\

Does that include EGW and the SDA?

Sorry brother you have your facts mixed up but you are free to believe as you wish. For me only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that lead many to break the commandments of God. *MATTHEW 15:3-9; ACTS 5:29; ROMANS 3:4 :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since the term "buy or sell" is used in Revelation, I thought I might seek out scriptures to perhaps shed a little light on this.Please feel free to give your thoughts on it. God bless

Revelation 13:17
and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[fn] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Buying and selling is mentioned in this interesting verse concerning the Sabbath:

Nehemiah 10:31
if the peoples of the land brought wares or any grain to sell on the Sabbath day, we would not buy it from them on the Sabbath, or on a holy day;
and we would forego the seventh year's produce and the exacting of every debt.

Here, Jesus is telling the 1st centuries Jews to pray that their flight not happen on a Sabbath:

Matthew 24:19
"Woe yet to those in belly having and to those suckling in those the days! 20 Be ye praying yet that no may be becoming the flight of ye of winter
neither a Sabbath/sabbatw <4521>"

Then there is the event of the merchants selling in the Temple of God, God's house:

John 2: [Revelation 18:11]
14 and He found in the Temple those selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money-changers sitting
15 and having made a whip of small cords, He put all forth out of the temple, also the sheep, and the oxen; and of the money-changers he poured out the coins, and the tables he overthrew,

Wouldn't one say that most, if not all, the items mentioned in Revelation 18:13 apply to the OC Priesthood and Temple services [and perhaps a few of them in the RC Mass]?
[I have a rather lengthy study on this related the Levitical Priests and Temple/Sanctuary services. I will wrap it in quotes because of the length.
I pray this may edify some.............

Interesting scriptures LLOJ thanks for sharing your thoughts. REVELATIONS 13 another very interesting Chapter with buying and selling and the two beast powers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The article in OP's link is way off.

The Mark of the Beast is simply money. Mark = engraving = coin; The Roman money currency to be exact. Any form of modern currency, is still originally the Roman money and so is still the Mark of the Beast.

You cannot buy nor sell without money obviously.

It will cause you to drop God's commandments - obviously, you cannot serve two masters. If you love or serve money, you will hate God - in violation of the most important commandment of all.

That is pretty much it.

The Good News is that Jesus came just in time to show us how to handle money (The Mark of the Beast) to prove that the Mark of the Beast has no power over us - using much of our money to help save the lost as well as providing substantial help to our brothers and sisters in the faith who are in distress and living in modesty / humility.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The article in OP's link is way off.

The Mark of the Beast is simply money. Mark = engraving = coin; The Roman money currency to be exact. Any form of modern currency, is still originally the Roman money and so is still the Mark of the Beast.

You cannot buy nor sell without money obviously.

It will cause you to drop God's commandments - obviously, you cannot serve two masters. If you love or serve money, you will hate God - in violation of the most important commandment of all.

That is pretty much it.

The Good News is that Jesus came just in time to show us how to handle money (The Mark of the Beast) to prove that the Mark of the Beast has no power over us - using much of our money to help save the lost as well as providing substantial help to our brothers and sisters in the faith who are in distress and living in modesty / humility.

Off you go than brother, prove what your saying with scripture? Why would God send his judgments to the world for having currency when he says we need to be in the world but not of the world and to render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's *MATTHEW 22:21; JOHN 15:19; JOHN 17:15-16? The scriptures do not really follow what your suggesting above as the whole world would be lost.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though brother,

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Off you go than brother, prove what your saying with scripture? Why would God send his judgments to the world for having currency when he says we need to be in the world but not of the world and to render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's *MATTHEW 22:21; JOHN 15:19; JOHN 17:15-16? The scriptures do not really follow what your suggesting above as the whole world would be lost.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though brother,

God bless

You're welcome. Anyway, I'm not saying, nor suggesting we should lose all of our money.

"Accepting the mark" is more of a figurative term. Meaning, you're making a choice to serve or worship money or mammon, instead of God.

It's okay to have money as long as you do not serve nor worship it. However, there are signs that one does not serve nor worship money.

The Pharisees aren't even aware they're serving / worshipping money / mammon instead of God. The Pharisees believed in their hearts they are worshiping God. But Jesus said, they love money (which would mean they hate God Luke 16:13) You cannot serve two masters.

Mammon is an entity or a false God / pagan deity that promises material wealth for worshiping it. Sounds familiar? It's got the whole world deceived.

To further clarify my point, read 1 John 2:15-17 (The things of this world including material wealth does not come from the Father)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When we die, our spirit goes to the Father.

The word psyche in the Greek means “breath” or “the breath of life” .

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Psalm 146:4
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

What returns to GOD is the Breath of LIFE/spirit , at death as that is what He gave to humans at the creation of man.

Notice the dead know nothing they have no memory
(so do the dead know Jesus?)

When Jesus returns to claim his own at the resurrection of the righteous he will restore their memory and give them a new body.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yikes, it's long. In a nutshell, was he for or against The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop? I have it, but have never read it.

You need to take the time to read it then.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother ItIsFinished! Absolutely! What are we or what can we do without JESUS getting us ready for his coming? Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.

God bless.
Your SDA doctrine is that sunday sabbath is the mark of the beast and we know that anyone who takes the mark cannot be saved so how do you convert those who have been worshiping on Sun since hte scriptures says they cannot be saved?
We are told to preach the gospel of Jesus victory over sin and death to ad to the church daily those who should be saved and the SDA church grows from preaching Sat Sabbath to those who already are saved. I know a guy who was sharing the LORD and got converted to SDA and he went from sharing the gospel to non christians to sharing the sabbath teachings with Christians.
The SDA are cunning as they host prophecy meetings and post videos without identifying who they are. They always start with basic fundamental truths and get you agreeing the slowly start to introduce what they intended you to here. This post if honest should start with Sun Sabbath is the mark of the beast as that is the intended conclusion. This to most would appear to be ridiculous so you have to be led to that idea. So lets start miles away from what I really am saying and see if I can lead you there.
The fallacy of the Mark of the Beast being Sunday

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
(all believers that died since the time of Pentacost)

I want to ask you both a question about the breath. If a baby never breathed and was "still born," did they have a spirit? Were they still a living soul?

The mother breathes the breath of live to the fetus through the umbilical cord/blood.
So yes a fetus is a living soul.
No spirit.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your SDA doctrine is that sunday sabbath is the mark of the beast and we know that anyone who takes the mark cannot be saved so how do you convert those who have been worshiping on Sun since hte scriptures says they cannot be saved?

Brian

You are coorecgt about the mark of the beast being sunday worship, however you are incorrect in your assumption the those who worship on sunday today have accepted the mark of the beast.

This is the teaching of the SDA on when the mark of the beast is accepted

8. This beast causes both “the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast.” This can be easily referred to laws compelling the observance of the Sunday instead of the Sabbath of the Lord,—the seventh day

When laws are passed that require sunday worship then and only then is it the mark of the beast

Please read the following
Sunday Law News - Mark of the Beast Update for 2017 - 2018

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status