• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are you holy?

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by bottoWordx, Aug 28, 2020.

1. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Actually it does and so does Gods' 4th commandment...

Genesis 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3], And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11 [8], Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. [9], Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: [10], But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:[11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The deception is in thinking we can knowingly break anyone of God's 10 commandments *James 2:10-11 and enter into God's kingdom according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 and John in 1 John 2:3-4 as God's people do not practice sin (breaking God's commandments) *1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14 according to the scriptures.

Perhaps you missed it.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  2. pasifika

pasifika Well-Known Member

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Who rest on the 7th day in Genesis 2?

Do you ever break any of the 10 commandments listed in Exodus 20? If you break one you broke All the commandments? Maybe is a good time to see if you really keep all the commandments Not just One...

Think about it..

3. LoveGodsWord

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Perhaps you need to think about it. When was Adam and Eve made (Genesis 1:26-31)?

4. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Did Adam and Eve rested on the 7th day according to Genesis 2? Or just God?

5. LoveGodsWord

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Jesus says that he made the Sabbath for mankind in Mark 2:27. There was only Adam and Eve when God made the Sabbath for man. God rested on the "seventh day" according to Genesis 2:1-3 and set aside the "seventh day" as a holy day of rest and blessed the "seventh day" for all mankind. There can be no rest for man before the Sabbath was made for man. So if God made the Sabbath for those who believe and follow Gods' Word why do you not keep the Sabbath?

6. HIM

HIM Friend

+450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Good reply brother.
    Adam and Eve were made in the image and likeness of God. If God rested on the Seventh Day of Creation they rested in that they were in His image and likeness created.

7. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    So, then why didn't it Not mentioned Adam and Eve being rested with God if they were the only mankind present when God made the Sabbath for man? Genesis 2?

8. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Did Adam and Eve rested on the first 7th day Sabbath?

9. LoveGodsWord

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Jesus did in Mark 2:27 The Sabbath was made for man... There was only Adam and Even the parents of all mankind when God made the Sabbath for man according to the scriptures. Do you not believe Jesus?

10. Freth

Freth Seventh-day Adventist

+558
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    If the Sabbath was made for man (as per Mark 2:27), then it stands to reason that the first man and woman observed the first Sabbath.

11. HIM

HIM Friend

+450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Little children be not deceived he that does righteousness is righteous even as He is righteous.

Even as is a direct comparison to how Jesus was righteous.

How was Jesus righteous?

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
    John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Paul said something similar in regards to us.

Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

12. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    QUOTE scriptures..sometimes our reasons cannot always be right. .

13. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Not the 7th day...
    Sabbath does not mean 7th day..it means "rest" or cease fRom work

14. HIM

HIM Friend

+450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Was Adam and Eve made in His image and likeness? Was the Sabbath made for man?
    It makes more sense to say yes than it is to say no to your question.

15. LoveGodsWord

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
  16. LoveGodsWord

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    The Sabbath is the seventh day according to the scriptures and this is the only definition of Sabbath defined in the scriptures. Exodus 20:10 [10], But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God...

17. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I already mentioned to LGW in recent post I agree that the Sabbath was made for man..but it didn't say the 7th day Sabbath was made for man..also Sabbath does not mean 7th day it means rest or cease from work...
    God gave His Sabbaths (plural) to Israel but those Sabbaths were not always on the 7th day..see Lev 23

18. pasifika

+397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
  19. SabbathBlessings

SabbathBlessings Well-Known Member

+1,149
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    From what I can see this poster quoted scripture, but I am not seeing yours. God gave us common sense for a reason. It doesn’t take a lot to follow the 170+ scriptures in the Bible about God’s Sabbath to know how important it is to God. If it is important to God it should be important to us. Jesus said He made Sabbath for man and man was created on the sixth day right before the Sabbath. Genesis 2:2-3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. LoveGodsWord

+3,650
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Your response...
    It says only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them.