Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is the seventh day according to the scriptures and this is the only definition of Sabbath defined in the scriptures. Exodus 20:10 [10], But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God...
I gave them my Sabbaths (plural) Ezekiel 20:12..are those Sabbaths always be on the 7th day? see Lev 23

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I already mentioned to LGW in recent post I agree that the Sabbath was made for man..but it didn't say the 7th day Sabbath was made for man..also Sabbath does not mean 7th day it means rest or cease from work...
God gave His Sabbaths (plural) to Israel but those Sabbaths were not always on the 7th day..see Lev 23
Yes, the Sabbath is always on the seventh day according to God’s commandment Exodus 20:8-11. There is more than one Sabbath in the Bible and you are confusing God’s weekly Sabbath that is on the seventh day with the yearly Sabbath(s) festivals found in Lev 23. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already mentioned to LGW in recent post I agree that the Sabbath was made for man..but it didn't say the 7th day Sabbath was made for man..also Sabbath does not mean 7th day it means rest or cease from work...
God gave His Sabbaths (plural) to Israel but those Sabbaths were not always on the 7th day..see Lev 23
That argument does not make sense.The Sabbath of God is the Seventh Day. There is only one Seventh Day Sabbath of the Ten Commandments. The ceremonial Sabbaths are separate

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I can see this poster quoted scripture, but I am not seeing yours. God gave us common sense for a reason. It doesn’t take a lot to follow the 170+ scriptures in the Bible about God’s Sabbath to know how important it is to God. If it is important to God it should be important to us. Jesus said He made Sabbath for man and man was created on the sixth day right before the Sabbath. Genesis 2:2-3
Can you quote the scripture you referring to from his post?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I gave them my Sabbaths (plural) Ezekiel 20:12..are those Sabbaths always be on the 7th day? see Lev 23
There is many sabbaths in the old covenant. What has this got to do with what we are talking about not in God's Sabbath given to mankind at creation? - nothing.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God gave Sabbaths (plural) Not just One Sabbath I thought you guys read your OT scriptures...
What are the other Sabbaths of the old covenant and how do they differ from Gods' 4th commandment in the old and new covenants and how is this relevant to our discussion in regards to God's 4th commandment and which is the creation Sabbath of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God gave Sabbaths (plural) Not just One Sabbath I thought you guys read your OT scriptures...
You need to take your time. Your arguments do not make any sense. God made one Seventh Day Sabbath of the Ten commandments the others are ceremonial from the Book of the Law.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think that the Sabbath of Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11 is not the seventh day when the seventh day is defined in the scriptures as God's Sabbath in God's 4th commandment and in creation? The Sabbath is the seventh day according to the scriptures and this is the only definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath defined in the scriptures. Exodus 20:10 [10], But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God... Do you not believe the scripture quoted here? If not why not? I do not think the scriptures can be any clearer stating that God's 4th commandment is the "seventh day" Sabbath of creation. It is clearly stated in God's 4th commandment as shown above and also in Genesis 2:1-3 where Exodus 20:8-11 is quoting from in verse 11.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you quote the scripture you referring to from his post?

Sure

God made man on the sixth day: Genesis 1:26-31 The very next day was Sabbath.

Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. Mark 2:27

God ended His work and Blessed the seventh day and Sanctified (made holy)
Genesis 2:2-3. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Same verbiage as the 4th commandment Exodus 20:8-11

Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who iswithin your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is many sabbaths in the old covenant. What has this got to do with what we are talking about not in God's Sabbath given to mankind at creation? - nothing.
Mark 2:27 did not specified a day ie 7th day..it's just Sabbath...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are the other Sabbaths of the old covenant and how do they differ from Gods' 4th commandment in the old and new covenants and how is this relevant to our discussion in regards to God's 4th commandment and which is the creation Sabbath of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11?
That is my point all other sabbaths falls on different days ie in Lord's feast days Lev 23..so Mark 2:27 is not talking about a specific Sabbath day but a Sabbath (rest) in general...("today")...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Jesus knew what day he created the Sabbath on *Genesis 2:1-3 and what day is the Sabbath commandment *Exodus 20:8-11 when it was is custom to keep the Sabbath (Luke 4:16)? What day is God's 4th commandment Sabbath day according to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is on the seventh day. You can google Sabbath in Greek, Hebrew and Arabic and Sabbath is Saturday.

Sabbath
noun

Sab·bath | \ ˈsa-bəth \
Definition of Sabbath

1a: the seventh day of the week observed from Friday evening to Saturday evening as a day of rest and worship by Jews and some Christians

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to take your time. Your arguments do not make any sense. God made one Seventh Day Sabbath of the Ten commandments the others are ceremonial from the Book of the Law.
Mark 2:27 is not referring to the 7th day Sabbath but "Sabbath " rest in general terms..

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That is my point all other sabbaths falls on different days ie in Lord's feast days Lev 23..so Mark 2:27 is not talking about a specific Sabbath day but a Sabbath (rest) in general...("today")...
You did not make any points. We are talking about Gods' 4th commandment that states in Exodus 20:10 and Genesis 2:1-3 that Gods' 4th commandment is the "seventh day" Sabbath. We are not talking about the ceremonial sabbaths in the Feast days. We are talking about God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken in the new covenant scriptures (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) that James says if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin in James 2:10-11. No one enters into God's rest according to Hebrews 3:12-19 and Hebrews 4:1-12 by not believing and following Gods' Word and breaking Gods' commandments. These chapters are a warning to us that only those who believe and follow Gods' Word enter into Gods' rest (the seventh day Sabbath) from the foundation of the world *Hebrews 4:3-4.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Jesus knew what day he created the Sabbath on *Genesis 2:1-3 and what day is the Sabbath commandment *Exodus 20:8-11? What day is God's 4th commandment Sabbath day according to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11?
The scriptures you quoted pointed to the 7th day Sabbath of the Lord man was not doing the work but God...
That is God Sabbath day Not man?

The Sabbath in Mark 2:27 is not on the same day as God (7th day) but a different day ("today") that is what Hebrews 3&4 is trying to unpack...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Mark 2:27 is not referring to the 7th day Sabbath but "Sabbath " rest in general terms..
This does not make any sense. See post # 114. Are you saying Jesus did not know what say His 4th commandment Sabbath was?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You did not make any points. We are talking about Gods' 4th commandment that states in Exodus 20:10 and Genesis 2:1-3 that Gods' 4th commandment is the "seventh day" Sabbath. We are not talking about the ceremonial sabbaths in the Feast days. We are talking about God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken in the new covenant scriptures (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) that James says if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin in James 2:10-11. No one enters into God's rest according to Hebrews 3:12-19 and Hebrews 4:1-12 by not believing and following Gods' Word and breaking Gods' commandments. These chapters are a warning to us that only those who believe and follow Gods' Word enter into Gods' rest (the seventh day Sabbath) from the foundation of the world *Hebrews 4:3-4.
We were talking about Mark 2:27 "Sabbath was made for man"...that Sabbath is not the 7th day...is "today"

Upvote 0