✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Indeed.

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

1 Corinthians 7:34 and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband.

Ephesians 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Ephesians 2:18-21 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.

Ephesians 5:27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Colossians 1:22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,

Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,

1 Timothy 2:8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

Titus 1:7 For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, 8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined.

Hebrews 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,

1 Peter 1:15-16 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

1 Peter 2:5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

1 Peter 3:5 For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you referring holy as an adjective or a noun? My dictionary gives some uses of the word.
adjective, ho·li·er, ho·li·est.
1. specially recognized as or declared sacred by religious use or authority; consecrated:holy ground.
2. dedicated or devoted to the service of God, the church, or religion:a holy man.
3. saintly; godly; pious; devout:a holy life.
4. having a spiritually pure quality:a holy love.
5. entitled to worship or veneration as or as if sacred:a holy relic.
noun, plural ho·lies.
a place of worship; sacred place; sanctuary.

There is but one that is Holy as per 2, 3, and 4. I am a sinner made righteous by His blood shed for all mankind and not of my own doing. The Father deems me as being Holy only because of my Advocate. As I live, right this moment, I am neither saintly, Godly, pious, pure or devout. I also fail at having pure love. I cannot stand before God without my Mediator. Please raise your hand if you have come to the place of perfection and are able to do what I cannot.

1." Marvelous grace of our loving Lord, grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
Yonder on Calvary's mount outpoured, there where the blood of the Lamb was spilt.
Grace, grace, God's grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
grace, grace, God's grace, grace that is greater than all our sin!

2. Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold, threaten the soul with infinite loss;
grace that is greater, yes, grace untold, points to the refuge, the mighty cross.

3. Dark is the stain that we cannot hide. What can avail to wash it away?
Look! There is flowing a crimson tide, brighter than snow you may be today.

4. Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace, freely bestowed on all who believe!
You that are longing to see his face, will you this moment his grace receive?
grace, grace, God's grace, grace that is greater than all our sin!"

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No man is holy or born holy only God is holy and only God can makes us holy..
Perhaps that might be why Jesus says we need to be born again in John 3:3-7 because those who are born again and made free to walk in God's Spirit do not practice sin (breaking anyone of God's commandments) in 1 John 3:6-9.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps that might be why Jesus says we need to be born again in John 3:3-7 because those who are born again and made free to walk in God's Spirit do not practice sin (breaking anyone of God's commandments) in 1 John 3:6-9.
If you love your brothers or sisters you're born of God...and if you are walking in love youre not practice sin as love fulfills the law..and God is love...

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you love your brothers or sisters you're born of God...and if you are walking in love youre not practice sin as love fulfills the law..and God is love...
No one loves God according to John or Jesus by breaking God's commandments *1 John 5:2-4; John 14:15; John 15:10; 1 John 2:3-4.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one loves God according to John or Jesus by breaking God's commandments
That is diametrically untrue LGW. God ❤s all His children. He doesn't love what we do sometimes. You believe God doesn't love me because I don't go along with your Sabbath belief. You have not ever shown me in scripture that Gentiles were ever told it is a sin for us not to observe the Sabbath. Paul wrote that he sinned. Was God's love removed from him?

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is diametrically untrue LGW. God ❤s all His children. He doesn't love what we do sometimes. You believe God doesn't love me because I don't go along with your Sabbath belief. You have not ever shown me in scripture that Gentiles were ever told it is a sin for us not to observe the Sabbath. Paul wrote that he sinned. Was God's love removed from him?
Amen! Believers are sanctified/set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ: 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. The reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives as we continue to grow in grace. Legalism is not holiness.

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's Children according to John are all those who are born again to believe and follow Gods' Word in 1 John 3:6-9. Those who do not believe and follow Gods' Word are the children of the devil according to 1 John 3:9-10. According to the scriptures no one can claim to love God if they do not believe and do what God asks them to do (see 1 John 2:2-4; John 14:15; John 15:10; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40; John 8:31-36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4). These of course are all God's Words by the way not mine. What is it here you disagree with?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's Children according to John are all those who are born again to believe and follow Gods' Word in 1 John 3:6-9. Those who do not believe and follow Gods' Word are the children of the devil according to 1 John 3:9-10. According to the scriptures no one can claim to love God if they do not believe and do what God asks them to do (see 1 John 2:2-4; John 14:15; John 15:10; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40; John 8:31-36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4). These of course are all God's Words by the way not mine. What is it here you disagree with?
Your interpretation is the main problem here..just how the Pharisees don’t see the fulfilment of All OT in Christ..

As the title of OP state is a good question for you to answer “Are you holy?”

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Amen! Believers are sanctified/set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ: 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. The reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives as we continue to grow in grace. Legalism is not holiness.
It is not legalism to believe and follow Gods' Word as to believe and follow Gods' Word is how we express true faith and love to God and man *Romans 1:5; John 14:15; John 15:10; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8:10; Matthew 22:36-40; 1 John 2:2-4; 1 John 2:3-4. Those who claim to believe God but do not follow what God says according to James are the ones who do not have faith as their faith is dead and the faith of devils as the devils believe God and tremble because they do not do what God says in James 2:17-20; 26. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to John in 1 John 3:9-10. Therefore we cannot claim to be believers if we do not do what God asks us to do in His Word as believing Gods' Word is demonstrated by doing what Gods' Word says according to the scriptures *Matthew 7:21-23

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: God's Children according to John are all those who are born again to believe and follow Gods' Word in 1 John 3:6-9. Those who do not believe and follow Gods' Word are the children of the devil according to 1 John 3:9-10. According to the scriptures no one can claim to love God if they do not believe and do what God asks them to do (see 1 John 2:2-4; John 14:15; John 15:10; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40; John 8:31-36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4). These of course are all God's Words by the way not mine. What is it here you disagree with?
Your response here...
Your interpretation is the main problem here..just how the Pharisees don’t see the fulfilment of All OT in Christ..
What is it in the scriptures provided or what I said that you disagree with and if I tell you the truth why do you not believe me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your response here...

What is it in the scriptures provided that you disagree with?
I agree with all the Scriptures you provided, is just how you put the Scriptures to say is talking about the law (Sinai) then that is the main problem..because is Not!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree with all the Scriptures you provided, is just how you put the Scriptures to say is talking about the law (Sinai) then that is the main problem..because is Not!
If you agree with all the scriptures I shared with you then you would agree with me as I only posted Gods' Word and it is God's Word not my words. In response you post your words disagreeing with Gods' Word that are your words not Gods' Word? Tell me what is Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10 and James 2:10-11 all talking about?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you agree with all the scriptures I shared with you then you would agree with me as I only posted Gods' Word and it is God's Word not my words. In response you post your words disagreeing with Gods' Word that are your words not Gods' Word?
I said I don’t disagree with the Scriptures but the interpretation of those Scriptures by man has caused divisions in Christianity..

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: God's Children according to John are all those who are born again to believe and follow Gods' Word in 1 John 3:6-9. Those who do not believe and follow Gods' Word are the children of the devil according to 1 John 3:9-10. According to the scriptures no one can claim to love God if they do not believe and do what God asks them to do (see 1 John 2:2-4; John 14:15; John 15:10; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40; John 8:31-36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4). These of course are all God's Words by the way not mine. What is it here you disagree with?
The above is for reference only that you claim you disagree with...
I said I don’t disagree with the Scriptures but the interpretation of those Scriptures by man has caused divisions in Christianity..
Lets make the question a little more simple. What do you believe the interpretation of the scriptures I provided that you say you agree with is, and how is my interpretation of them different to what the scriptures say? If you cannot tell me why are you claiming what I said is not true when they are Gods' Words not my words that you claim you believe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0