Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
But you haven't demonstrated that we are not safer. That was your claim, and you used headlines about shootings to back that up. I pointed out how headlines don't support your claim. So your claim remains baseless.

DUH.

That was my whole point.

The claim that we are safer because OBL is dead is the SAME WAY.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
DUH.

That was my whole point.

The claim that we are safer because OBL is dead is the SAME WAY.

I thought you were making an overall statement that the world is not safer; I didn't realize that you were saying that in respect to Osama specifically. But still, with him dead, that is one less threat. Previously, there were x number of threats to our safety. Now that he's dead, there are x-1. That's a reduction in threats to our safety.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The world is not safer.

How many headlines of shootings have we dealt with in the last two months alone?

OBL wasn't the one coming and shooting up movie theatres and the like. Heck, most of the conspiracy theorists claim he wasn't even responsible for 9/11. And this idea that somehow Obama was the one who was responsible for taking him out makes me laugh.

I said when he was elected that I didn't want to hear four years later how he hasn't been able to get over what Bush did to the country and now here I am four years later listening to the Democratic Party spout that exact rhetoric via Bill Clinton. Obama was elected to do a job that he failed to do. He needs to be fired.

Well, considering that the top three (including OBL) al Queda men have been taken out by US forces in the past year, we can conclude that the world is safer.

Obama made the decision for the raid, and it was under his administration that OBL was killed.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, considering that the top three (including OBL) al Queda men have been taken out by US forces in the past year, we can conclude that the world is safer.

Not really. People are still dying. People are still getting killed by suicide bombers and random shooters in movie theatres.

Obama made the decision for the raid, and it was under his administration that OBL was killed.

But he wasn't the one who did it. He had an excellent team at his disposal who went in and did it. It's very easy to say to someone "go take that person out"...it's why people hire assassins rather than doing the dirty work themselves.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But he wasn't the one who did it. He had an excellent team at his disposal who went in and did it. It's very easy to say to someone "go take that person out"...it's why people hire assassins rather than doing the dirty work themselves.

Do you hold this view consistently and not credit any military commander with the accomplishments that their orders bring about?

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Not really. People are still dying. People are still getting killed by suicide bombers and random shooters in movie theatres.

He said safer, not absolutely 100% safe.

If it's so simple, why hadn't Bush done it already?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Do you hold this view consistently and not credit any military commander with the accomplishments that their orders bring about?

Not at all, because most military commanders aren't being deified for doing their job.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
He said safer, not absolutely 100% safe.

And I'm disagreeing that the world is "safer". I don't believe it is.

If it's so simple, why hadn't Bush done it already?

I don't recall saying it was simple.

Ever heard the phrase "I loosened it for you"? I think this can apply in some fashion here. I think Bush got the ball rolling and Obama finished the job.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Then only if you like how the commander is viewed he gets credit?

Maybe it's more about how his administration views him because of it. He wasn't a hero or anything, yet you'd think he was because of the way the left trots out OBL's death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

Publius

Here are a few political numbers for Mr Obama's re-election:
D! National Debt:currently 16 trillion dollars
U! Unemployment rate. Estimated 3-4 million new unemployed added since 2008.
G! Gas prices: Doubled since 2008
G! Government Assistance. (are you sitting down?) !/3 of America's Citizens are on Government Assistance.

Oh, and the Dems did add 150,000 jobs! Yes, they are union jobs, starting at about $70,000, and many of them are for federal workers to manage "OBAMACARE". Hmmmm.

But I am sure this site is predominately liberal, so I imagine these are suppressed facts.

Am I better off? Well, yes and no.

On the one hand, the furniture business we own has been nearly crippled by the Obama economic crisis. We've had to scale way back, including laying off all but two of our employees (and they're both part time) and we're pretty much just breaking even.

If that was our only source of income, we'd probably be bankrupt by now.

On the other, we own an agricultural concern that has been pretty successful. Unfortunately, the reason we've been so successful is that Obama's policies are putting many of our competitors out of business.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
And I'm disagreeing that the world is "safer". I don't believe it is.

So do you think it's less safe or equally safe?

I don't recall saying it was simple.

No, you said it's "easy". I changed that to "simple" because that's the word that was used in the movie quote I was paraphrasing.

Ever heard the phrase "I loosened it for you"? I think this can apply in some fashion here. I think Bush got the ball rolling and Obama finished the job.

What exactly did Bush do?

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was happy when OBL was taken out, but to credit Obama alone is hogwash..Bush had his people gathering intelligence on his movements and networks which we pretty much dismantled.
This is a case where the person who started the man hunt was not able to finish the job.
At times it takes more time than a person actually has on the job for that task to finally be finished,through no fault of their own.
It was a collaboration of two administrations.

As to the op, NO,my family and I are NOT better off.We are not even breaking even.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, beside D.U.G.G., I am voting for Romney for the following reasons.
1) White bread is now doubled in price.
2) Gas is doubled in price.
3) My wife (unemployed) and I live on less than 35K per annum. We tithe to our church.We support benevolent charities. We have five grandchildren that stay with us a portion of each week.
4) We do not have any government assistance.Period.
5) We have basically nothing in savings.
6) We have nothing in retirement,even though I have had the same full time job for the last 36 years.
7) I own a 1985 Ford Pickup. Our other vehichle was given to us by church members.
8) Now, all this stuff is thanks to Mr. Obama.

If what you say is true, you most likely will be on government assistance in the future. And you'd vote for the one's who will take it away?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If what you say is true, you most likely will be on government assistance in the future. And you'd vote for the one's who will take it away?

Either way it's gonna go away.

And people's goals in life shouldn't include being on welfare or government assistance.

The way it works now...it's better to NOT get a job and just stay on it. As I pointed out, the minute I got a job we suddenly didn't qualify for any aid and now we're basically bringing home LESS than what we were before I got a job.

How does it help Americans when the system works in such a manner?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Either way it's gonna go away.

And people's goals in life shouldn't include being on welfare or government assistance.

The way it works now...it's better to NOT get a job and just stay on it. As I pointed out, the minute I got a job we suddenly didn't qualify for any aid and now we're basically bringing home LESS than what we were before I got a job.

How does it help Americans when the system works in such a manner?
So true.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was doing better, but then just laid off on Labor Day weekend, ironically :(

To be fair, I really don't blame Obama, the economy was horrible before him and it's not an easy fix.

I'm sorry to hear that.

But I agree, it's not Obama's fault. The economy is influenced by so many vast factors that blaming the President, a man with only limited powers to change things, is not fair. I still think his policies are better than Romney's, a man who would cut taxes for the rich.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0