• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you afraid of going to Hell?

Discussion in 'Salvation (Soteriology)' started by Jesus4Ever, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Roseonathorn

Roseonathorn Well-Known Member Supporter

+496
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Are You seriously suggesting that the Devil is dressing out as Jesus and His demons is dressing out as a persons former relatives that a person knew from earth and that the Devil can have a positive atmosphere of light and warmth and joy that causes people to follow jesus with all their heart instead of coldness and fear. I have heard of people getting fooled but if You suggest that God has no contact or miracles or interference with his people today then I must tell You, maybe You have not seen it all yet. No I am not perfect, I have not seen everything either, but when miracles happen I rather thank God for them than say they did not happen.

2. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+332
    Christian
    Married
    Miracles can happen, however, so can false signs and wonders, as Jesus warned. You're telling me something that is opposed to Scripture, why should I believe that? The Scriptures tell us that the dead know nothing, that they are not conscious, that they cannot praise God, and that their thoughts have perished. According to what you're claiming the dead are just the opposite. Should I believe the Scriptures or what someone who claims to have been dead says?

3. Roseonathorn

+496
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Tell me, why should I believe someone who says they were dead and had this experience, especially, when what they claim runs counter to Scriptures?

- ok it is easy for You to say, You are not the one that have been dead, it is harder for the ones that know they have been dead and have gone through psychiatric therapy to try to find out if they are sane or insane because they had another opinion before they died. No matter if they are on or off medication memories are the same,

That is a dangerous thing to say actually, not to believe in a lot of other peoples experiences, but rather trust in a few persons translation of a book, what if someone rewrite the book in the future and gets it all wrong... like that old bible in one of the arabcountries they found, where someone wrote a false letter making Jesus a fraud...what if the next english bibletranslation says some are destined for salvation and it is no longer a choice,
    Then one person says-
    You either are born saved or not. You inherit a ticket to heaven.
    Then comes someone and says but I have had this salvation experience, I was dead in my transgressions and then I met the Holy Spirit and now I believe in Jesus,
    Then this first person says again - nonono the book say You came from the wrong people, you can not be saved.
    Then the second person says, but I did die once and I went to heaven but I was not finished serving Him down here yet so I was sent back. Really, when I found my grandfather and grandmothers old bible there were many more books in it that are nowadays taken away from todays bible. Who has the right to say that theywere not scripture or biblical. How many more books are to be tken away in the future because they feel uncomfortable for certain groups to read?

4. Roseonathorn

+496
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Evidently we are not reading the same sort of bibles.

5. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+332
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, I take what is written over the "supposed" experiences of other people. I can easily check the Greek or Hebrew texts to see if the English translation is accurate. I can't go and check some experience someone claimed to have had.

Also, as I said, these claims run counter to Scripture. The Scriptures say the dead know nothing. So, if these people really were dead, they wouldn't know anything. The Scriptures tell us that the thoughts of the dead perish. So if they were dead they wouldn't have any memory of it because their thoughts perish.

6. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+89,580
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Are you afraid of going to Hell?

No.

7. Roseonathorn

+496
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Sorry sir but I have never met someone quite like You, If You died death as a martyre and the Lord by His grace took You to heaven to speak some sence with You face to face and give You a hug, would You ask for a bible and say I do not think this is heaven and You are certainly not God and although this looks like described as Jesus in heaven it can not be because I can think, reason and I have a heavenly body and I can eaven understand the Lords thoughts. You might even go as far as saying You do not belong there, You should be resting in a cold grave under the earth where the worms and mold chew on Your flesh. - Then the Lord says I have called You by name You are mine, Your spirit and soul are with me and here You look like this, I will never leave You or forsake You, but your earthly body rests in that tomb until resurrection day...Happier now?

8. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+332
    Christian
    Married
    Again, you have no way to verify anything people say. Just because someone said they died and talked with Jesus doesn't mean they died and talked with Jesus. You seem to be avoiding what is written in Scripture. It says the dead are dead.

9. Almost there

Almost there Well-Known Member

+798
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I had a dream about 35 years ago. I was driving my car directly into a solid concrete embankment at 70 mph. When I hit it, it was like breaking through an opaque sheet into blinding light.

Yes, it is just a dream, but illustrates how I feel about this. The "white light", could have been at the end of the age, but from my perspective, it was instantaneous. The moment I died, I was there.

10. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+332
    Christian
    Married
    That's the logical conclusion.

11. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,174
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Sorry been off the thread for awhile.

Are you guys talking about near death experiences?

12. ToBeLoved

+4,174
    Non-Denom
    Private
    But does time exist outside of human or earthly life?

In theory, how do you know how much or little time passed or did not pass

13. Almost there

+798
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    All we know is that it is a construct of our corner of creation. What's going on there is something we will find out when we get there.
    My point is that you don't. Whether it's five minutes or 3,000 years, the impression is that it was instantaneous.

14. ToBeLoved

+4,174
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I understand. I was just bringing up in the conversation that "time" as we understand it may not be in the afterlife and I think is not in the afterlife at all.

Just trying to add another layer to the conversation. :wave:

15. Almost there

+798
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hey, that is my take as well.

16. Roseonathorn

+496
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Try say the dead are dead to someone who has been dead and says they have met Jesus in heaven, they are just as stubborn as some other religious biblepounder. You can not make anyone believe anything else if they had such an experience so easily. They do not think they lie, besides there are bibleverses backing up that thinking too I understand. God bless You. John 10. 27-28 My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me, and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

17. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+332
    Christian
    Married
    Again, you have no way to verify this. Firstly, if one is dead how do they know they're dead? The Bible says, the dead know nothing. Secondly, at what point is on declared dead? Is it clinical? Thirdly, people dream. The mind is powerful thing. It's just a possible and probably likely that these people are having some sort of dream. After all the body is going through tremendous turmoil.